• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► Will Toy Story finally be coming to Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Literally the only problem I have with Toy Story being a world is if they decide to give SDG a "toy" makeover. Sora would look fine, but mother of God can you imagine what Donald and Goofy would look like as shiny plastic figures? Don't know about you guys, but it looks creepy in my mind.

If you have any toys of Donald or Goofy I think they look just fine :) Nobody said that the toys would have to be made of really shiny and squeaky plastic. Vinyls exist and even if not those, a lot of figure don't shine :)

Toy Story is the only Pixar movie I can imagine doing well as a stand alone world. Cars would be too awkward, maybe a mini game world or references in the "parade". I know a lot of people like Up, but I can't help but feel it wouldn't work in KH, not a main entry anyway where they need to focus on the best and most varied Disney worlds. That's also why I'd say no to Nemo and Monsters Inc. The worlds are awesome but they are too similar to what's gone before (Atlantica and then dressing up as monsters in Halloween town.) I wouldn't be against these worlds, I just think the places are better reserved for more classic Disney and some of Disney's less known films like Return to Oz.

You forgot a few movies there like the Incredibles (which I know does counter a little bit with the family theme but they do work) and more importantly Brave (since I think Brave fits VERY well). Merida could easily serve as another feminine hero as we need more of those in KH and the world Brave took place in is pretty new to what we've seen before. The old Scottish (or even European) castles and towns are something we haven't seen in KH yet and I'd love to hear Shimomoura take a spin at Scottish music.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Toy story would be a perfect fit. Been wanting it ever since Extreme Skate Adventure.

And the aliens really are referred to as Little Green Men

kupo1121

Awards
Something tells me from the sound of it that they are including a world based on the theme parks, possibly they are expanding Disney Castle and Disney Town to literally be Disney World? If so, then that ride would be based on Toy Story Midway Mania or something ^_^

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Something tells me from the sound of it that they are including a world based on the theme parks, possibly they are expanding Disney Castle and Disney Town to literally be Disney World? If so, then that ride would be based on Toy Story Midway Mania or something ^_^

oh god i would love a world based of off Disney World. that has been my dream world since i became a fan of the series.

kupo1121

Awards
oh god i would love a world based of off Disney World. that has been my dream world since i became a fan of the series.

I'd actually really like it too ^_^ and all the scenes seem to be taking place in Twilight Town for the moment so something tells me they don't have a world set yet (or they don't want to reveal it) so like how they showed Sora in Traverse Town for DDD at the beginning, but it's entirely possibly they're incorporating Disney's main attractions (Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Matterhorn) into the game. I'd love it too :D

Death

Your #1 Bruh
When I first joined thus forum one of my first threads was a Toy Story world in KH. I would love it if it finally gets made in KH3. If not a world then at least mini games or like a Winnie the Pooh type book or toy box.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd actually really like it too ^_^ and all the scenes seem to be taking place in Twilight Town for the moment so something tells me they don't have a world set yet (or they don't want to reveal it) so like how they showed Sora in Traverse Town for DDD at the beginning, but it's entirely possibly they're incorporating Disney's main attractions (Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Matterhorn) into the game. I'd love it too :D

OMG I would love that, a section of traverse town or twilight town that is filled with rides and games from Disney world. there could be easter eggs referencing disney or Pixar films such as the toys from toy story as prizes

Scorpio

Toy Story is the only Pixar movie I can imagine doing well as a stand alone world. Cars would be too awkward, maybe a mini game world or references in the "parade". I know a lot of people like Up, but I can't help but feel it wouldn't work in KH, not a main entry anyway where they need to focus on the best and most varied Disney worlds. That's also why I'd say no to Nemo and Monsters Inc. The worlds are awesome but they are too similar to what's gone before (Atlantica and then dressing up as monsters in Halloween town.) I wouldn't be against these worlds, I just think the places are better reserved for more classic Disney and some of Disney's less known films like Return to Oz.

This is how I feel. At this point in the series' history, most of the Pixar roster would just feel a touch out of place. They would most definitely work better in whatever next is down the road, but for KHIII the only ones I could see working are Toy Story, The Incredibles and maybe Wall-E, though that last one is more of a personal favorite. I've noted elsewhere an idea for a SDG redesign in a Toy Story world, but if they did use The Incredibles, it would be awesome if they had their own superhero duds; Donald would be Paperinik, Goofy Super Goof, and Sora could have an original design that still draws from the Nomura style (For some reason I imagine a tinted visor would be included).

But anyways, about Toy Story: I'm in the party that would love to see its inclusion, but I'm also in the party that wishes for the Disney worlds & characters to have greater relevance in the overall game story. If they were to use the plot to the first movie, which I assume they would, some retooling would definitely be needed. Buzz's disillusionment and acceptance with not being a real space ranger might not sit well if he also had full knowledge that Sora was on an epic, universe-saving adventure.

On another note, when I first heard the description "little green men", my first thought was not the little aliens but the army men.

kupo1121

Awards
This is how I feel. At this point in the series' history, most of the Pixar roster would just feel a touch out of place. They would most definitely work better in whatever next is down the road, but for KHIII the only ones I could see working are Toy Story, The Incredibles and maybe Wall-E, though that last one is more of a personal favorite. I've noted elsewhere an idea for a SDG redesign in a Toy Story world, but if they did use The Incredibles, it would be awesome if they had their own superhero duds; Donald would be Paperinik, Goofy Super Goof, and Sora could have an original design that still draws from the Nomura style (For some reason I imagine a tinted visor would be included).

Not bashing your opinion, but I'm really just curious, why wouldn't Brave work? I see Brave being more likely than Wall-E so I'm just curious what makes Brave so unlikely while Wall-E is a "maybe?"

But anyways, about Toy Story: I'm in the party that would love to see its inclusion, but I'm also in the party that wishes for the Disney worlds & characters to have greater relevance in the overall game story.

I think the party that thinks Disney should have less relevance is extremely small, IDK who doesn't want Disney to have a greater part in the story...there are very few I'm assuming.

If they were to use the plot to the first movie, which I assume they would, some retooling would definitely be needed. Buzz's disillusionment and acceptance with not being a real space ranger might not sit well if he also had full knowledge that Sora was on an epic, universe-saving adventure.

My only problem is that I'd actually want Buzz to the world-specific partner so he's have to be able to at least fight the heartless/whichever enemy inhabited the world. Given he was a capable fighter, I don't think he'd have as much of a midlife crisis thinking he wasn't a real space ranger, but that's just me >_< I could see Zurg being the final boss too so I do think the storyline should revolve around Buzz, just not perhaps him thinking he's nothing more than a toy, especially since you know Sora can't wait to get in there and prove him wrong on how he's much more...

Scorpio

Not bashing your opinion, but I'm really just curious, why wouldn't Brave work? I see Brave being more likely than Wall-E so I'm just curious what makes Brave so unlikely while Wall-E is a "maybe?"

To tell you the truth, I just haven't seen Brave yet, though it certainly looks adaptable. Wall-E partly comes from a personal affinity for the movie, but also the fact that it doesn't have the tightest script like some other Pixar works. The in-game story and objectives of SDG could be easier to blend with the straightforwardness of Wall-E and his endeavors. Plus, the "Junk World" setting isn't something that's been used yet in the series. But like I said, that's just me; I have yet so see Brave, yet have seen Wall-E probably ten times now.

I think the party that thinks Disney should have less relevance is extremely small, IDK who doesn't want Disney to have a greater part in the story...there are very few I'm assuming.

That was just bad wordplay, my mistake. Should have just cut the bullshit and said what I meant.

My only problem is that I'd actually want Buzz to the world-specific partner so he's have to be able to at least fight the heartless/whichever enemy inhabited the world. Given he was a capable fighter, I don't think he'd have as much of a midlife crisis thinking he wasn't a real space ranger, but that's just me >_< I could see Zurg being the final boss too so I do think the storyline should revolve around Buzz, just not perhaps him thinking he's nothing more than a toy, especially since you know Sora can't wait to get in there and prove him wrong on how he's much more...

Yeah, I should have included the very high possibility of Buzz being capable of crazy stunts & attack moves with my statement. And let me tell you, I'm totally on board with that; flying, laser beams, the karate-chop action, fighting alongside Buzz will be great (If this does end up happening, of course). I think my concern stems from that cliche of how video game characters aren't capable of those giant, over-the-top attacks unless they're in battle mode. But if it does address this, that Buzz can hold a candle to SDG while still being just a toy (And I can jsut picture Sora dealing the inspirational speech that Woody gave in the actual movie), that would work well. And I don't mean that I want Buzz to be the central point of the story; I just meant it's something that needs to be addressed when incorporating the movie plot into the greater KH universe. Zurg would be a fun boss, but what I would really like to see is fighting that dog Skud, sort of like Lucifer in BBS.

They're most likely not going to address this, but it would be hilarious if the only Heartless spawning in the Toy Story world were toy-sized and to the normal humans, they're just annoying bugs. Perhaps being able to fight them would help make Buzz a hero. And if they can't get Tim Allen, I'm fine with Patrick Warburton reprising Buzz from his time on the Star Command cartoon.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I feel like Monsters, Inc. would actually be really cool in KH. Imagine running around Monstropolis, or flying around in that giant room where all the doors come from. Or even the frozen wasteland with the Abominable Snowman.

"WELCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME TO THE HIMALAYAS!"

WALL-E would be decent. The Axiom would be cool location for the game. Can't help but feel that it would feel too much like Deep Space from BBS though.

The Incredibles... I can't see it working in KH.

And as much as I love the movie, absolutely no Nemo. I do not enjoy Atlantica simply because the swimming makes the combat tedious and difficult and I feel like Finding Nemo would be the exact same.

Cars is a BIG no for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I feel like Monsters, Inc. would actually be really cool in KH. Imagine running around Monstropolis, or flying around in that giant room where all the doors come from. Or even the frozen wasteland with the Abominable Snowman.

"WELCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME TO THE HIMALAYAS!"

WALL-E would be decent. The Axiom would be cool location for the game. Can't help but feel that it would feel too much like Deep Space from BBS though.

The Incredibles... I can't see it working in KH.

And as much as I love the movie, absolutely no Nemo. I do not enjoy Atlantica simply because the swimming makes the combat tedious and difficult and I feel like Finding Nemo would be the exact same.

Cars is a BIG no for obvious reasons.

I could actually see cars and the incredibles fitting in kh. Agree with you on finding nemo, im kind of sick of underwater worlds

kupo1121

Awards
They're most likely not going to address this, but it would be hilarious if the only Heartless spawning in the Toy Story world were toy-sized and to the normal humans, they're just annoying bugs. Perhaps being able to fight them would help make Buzz a hero. And if they can't get Tim Allen, I'm fine with Patrick Warburton reprising Buzz from his time on the Star Command cartoon.

I doubt they'd address it either and we'd just have to assume that the heartless, like the Unversed in Castle of Dreams when playing as Ven, could be killed by them.

I actually really like the idea of Monsters Inc. in KH because I think the doors leading to all other worlds could be something awesome and could become a decent plot point. Having doors that could lead anywhere would be very dangerous if they fell into the wrong hands so I can definitely see something interesting involving the world order and them.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Honestly, I wouldn't mind a Toy Story world based on Toy Story of Terror. It'd be interesting~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back