• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

wisdom teeth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm 16, I think i should have it out since a good deal of my friends have but I'm quite ignorant on the matter so I digress

Anyday now, though, I expect the symptoms to occur

Sparks

gone
Ugh, my orthodontist said I had to get my wisdom teeth removed fairly soon which scares me since I've heard alot about it hurting after the surgery, and I really don't want to have to face two weeks of recovery and non-solid food because there would be 4 holes in the top and bottom of my gums that are sewn up, swollen and sore, but it has to happen soon I guess. I didn't even know I was old enough to get them pulled :/

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
i'm getting my wisdom teeth out in 5 days and i don't want to live on stuff like ice cream forever. i'm gaining weight as it is. but i don't want to not eat either, afraid that i'll fall back into anorexia after 2 years of recovery. Dentist Mechanicsburg PA

So you don't want to eat because you're gaining weight, but you want to eat to avoid falling back into anorexia? Is there really much debate? Gaining a few pounds isn't going to kill you. Eat some sugar free jello if you're that worried about it.

O

Oberon

I never got mine removed.

Because my dentist doesn't unnecessarily drill my mouth to make money.

... or because they didn't come through until I stopped regularly visiting the dentist, one or the other.

Davey

durp.
My wisdom teeth weren't that bad. I had all 4 impacted and after a few days I was eating normally. I swelled, yeah, but the pain wasn't soooo unbearable. Just constantly ice your cheeks. I didn't take the meds but back then I was such a prude when it came to drugs and drinking XD. Now I would have probably wanted to be taking like a handful. Anyways yeah it's not too bad overall, for me at least.

Biggest bee-och, the holes that are there after the stitches dissolve. You have to CONSTANTLY clean those out with the little syringe they gave me.

Awards
Plus you run the risk of getting dry socket, which would suck even more.

while hoping not to make things worse for yourself by getting dry socket

I got three wisdom teeth removed about a month ago, and I ended up with two dry sockets on the bottom. It was painful in ways that I can't even begin to describe. Not only do you deal with the excruciating pain of having your jawbone and all of the nerves within the sockets exposed to the outside environment. The pain doesn't remain concentrated in your mouth; you get headaches. Terrible, searing headaches. Do you remember reading the Harry Potter books, and J.K. Rowling's description of the effects of the cruciatus curse? I think that by describing it, she unintentionally put dry socket into words better than I ever could. It feels like your skull is set on fire and torn apart. And on top of all the pain, I had to deal with the smell of my own rotting flesh coming from inside my mouth. Horrible experience.

I have always been a person with a very high tolerance for pain, and dry socket broke me. I was punching walls and breaking things and losing my fcuking mind. Kids, heed my warning: when the time comes for you to get your wisdom teeth removed, DO EXACTLY AS THE DENTIST SAYS. NOTHING IS WORTH HAVING TO ENDURE THAT KIND OF PAIN.

Brazen Soul

Ugh, my orthodontist said I had to get my wisdom teeth removed fairly soon which scares me since I've heard alot about it hurting after the surgery, and I really don't want to have to face two weeks of recovery and non-solid food because there would be 4 holes in the top and bottom of my gums that are sewn up, swollen and sore, but it has to happen soon I guess. I didn't even know I was old enough to get them pulled :/

It honestly isnt all that bad. I got put out and woke up what felt like a second later on a bed curled up in a ball. My recovery was insanely quick and quite painless actually. I had them prescribe hydrocodone, for the pain and an codeine/ acetaminophen solution for pain and swelling. :)

Davey

durp.
It honestly isnt all that bad. I got put out and woke up what felt like a second later on a bed curled up in a ball.

I was pretty much out by 6 when counting to 10 and I woke up in the same chair I was in. They walked me to a recovering room in which my body felt like 10,000 lbs. Fun, fun.

Sparks

gone
Well I need to ask since I don't know quite what it is....
whats a dry socket? Is it when you don't take care of the holes/stitches and then something happens where it breaks down your gum and all your nerves are exposed? Or something along those lines?
Please correct me if I am wrong.

O

Oberon

I got three wisdom teeth removed about a month ago, and I ended up with two dry sockets on the bottom. It was painful in ways that I can't even begin to describe. Not only do you deal with the excruciating pain of having your jawbone and all of the nerves within the sockets exposed to the outside environment. The pain doesn't remain concentrated in your mouth; you get headaches. Terrible, searing headaches. Do you remember reading the Harry Potter books, and J.K. Rowling's description of the effects of the cruciatus curse? I think that by describing it, she unintentionally put dry socket into words better than I ever could. It feels like your skull is set on fire and torn apart. And on top of all the pain, I had to deal with the smell of my own rotting flesh coming from inside my mouth. Horrible experience.

I have always been a person with a very high tolerance for pain, and dry socket broke me. I was punching walls and breaking things and losing my fcuking mind. Kids, heed my warning: when the time comes for you to get your wisdom teeth removed, DO EXACTLY AS THE DENTIST SAYS. NOTHING IS WORTH HAVING TO ENDURE THAT KIND OF PAIN.
Now I definitely never want my wisdom teeth removed. lol

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Well, I'll be sure to do that now. Mostly I ignore the dentist during cleanings.

It'll make a man out of me yet

Brazen Soul

I was pretty much out by 6 when counting to 10 and I woke up in the same chair I was in. They walked me to a recovering room in which my body felt like 10,000 lbs. Fun, fun.

Yeah, i got stuck and then the doc said "im gonna give you something thats gonna make you feel real good" I turned my head to him and said "huh" had a "laa" feeling and then faded to black lol

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
wait why do you even get your wisdom teeth removed in the first place

Le sigh~. The wisdom teeth don't always grow in straight or sometimes the mouth isn't big enough to handle all of them. They can grow crooked and cause problems for your jaw, give you headaches, etc. They're just a little extra thing the human body has but doesn't need to survive. D:

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Braces don't go over your wisdom teeth. Nor do I believe they're capable of going over them because they really just barely come out through your gums.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The wisdom teeth come out in the way back if anything. It'd be impossible for the braces to cover them nor do anything. And sometimes wisdom teeth can fuck with what the braces did, depending.

It's easier to just get them removed as soon as possible.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
my ex is getting her wisdom teeth pulled soon, im almost glad we broke up so i dont have to deal with her whining!

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Very classy.

thank you im also showing this to me ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back