• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► John Vignocchi Comments on Kingdom Hearts in Disney Infinity

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Disney/Pixar's Inside Out is one of the new Playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0!

Back in December 2014, we posted an article about the potential scenario of Kingdom Hearts characters joining the Disney Infinity roster. This came about from a comment on their forums from an official moderator;

In April 2015, another moderator said that the suggestion for Kingdom Hearts figures have been passed along, stating that it has been a very popular suggestion among the community.

At the start of June, GameInformer closed off their month of exclusive Disney Infinity 3.0 coverage with a special interview with John Vignocchi, which you can listen to here (around 37 minutes). GameInformer took in questions from their readers, and one of the questions asked in a rapid-fire section was about Kingdom Hearts characters for Disney Infinity. With the options of possible, slim chance, or impossible, Mr. Vignocchi was asked;

GameInformer: Goofy?

Vignocchi: Possible

GI: Boba Fet

V: Possible

GI: Kingdom Hearts Characters?

V: Possible

Would you like for Kingdom Hearts to join the Disney Infinity franchise? We here at KHInsider hope so, especially so we can collect any figures made! We're hoping to get Disney's attention with the hashtag #KHinDisneyInfinity in order to make this a reality, but we need your help! Use the hashtag and get the word out there!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
@ whoever can make this possible, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF LIFE, DO IT

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Dear Tetsuya Nomura, Shinji Hashimoto, Emiko Yamamoto of Disney Japan, and Square Enix President Yosuke Matsuda, LOOK AT YOUR LIFE DECISIONS. CHILDREN (aka grown adults like me) ARE CRYING OUT FOR THIS. THINK OF THE MONEY. DISNEY INFINITY PRINTS MONEY.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
THINK OF THE MONEY. DISNEY INFINITY PRINTS MONEY.
It really does. I didn't expect to have this many when I first got the game O:
CHENntdVAAEDTRG.jpg:large

Also I want a Goofy figure. Why do we have 3 Mickey's, Donald, and Minnie but no Goofy :<

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Guys

Disney infinity 4.0

Never lose hope

Ever

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
While I am not into Disney Infinity myself, I do know that it is a huge money maker and Disney loves money, lol.

The KH original characters are owned by Disney anyways, so there's literally nothing substantial that should actually prevent KH characters from being made as figures if they want to do so.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I would buy the figurines even though I have absolutely no intention on playing the game ;A;

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I would buy the figurines even though I have absolutely no intention on playing the game ;A;

This! Though...Ninja Theory and United Front working on the gameplay for 3.0 has really pushed me to thinking about playing.

While I am not into Disney Infinity myself, I do know that it is a huge money maker and Disney loves money, lol.

The KH original characters are owned by Disney anyways, so there's literally nothing substantial that should actually prevent KH characters from being made as figures if they want to do so.

That is very true, but I'm sure asking Square Enix (and Nomura, specifically) would be more about being respectful of their opinion.

(Secretly I want Nomura to design the figures with his underused adorable style bar the weird :3 face he's been doing lately)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
With Disney Infinity being as popular as it is, it'd be good marketing for Kingdom Hearts if they had figures for it.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If this happened, I'd definitely buy the figures despite having little interest in the actual game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If I remember correctly, there's at least 10 figures that haven't been revealed yet for Disney Infinity 3.0

Animator: "It would be weird if Mickey were doing crazy aerials & such..."[/paraphrase]

doesn't sound like the KH version of Mickey is in the pipeline, unless the guy's deliberately trolling.

On the upside DI seems to release a new Mickey figure every year: sorcerer Mickey in 1.0, crystal Sorcerer Mickey in 2.0, & now plain old vanilla Mickey in 3.0. If that's a trend then they're probably wanting another style of Mickey for 4.0 & beyond. Musketeer Mickey as a standalone figure seems unlikely since Musketeer Donald was a power disc (in fact, this year's Mickey getting a similar disc seems very likely) & I doubt Disney's gonna touch Epic Mickey with a 10 foot pole at this point. So what does that leave them with? :)

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Since I love DI, it'd be great to se the Kingdom Hearts Series in DI! No matter if DI 3, 4, 5 or whatever.
I just want at least one Original KH-Character. That would be pretty fabulous. ~

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I would definitely buy them as collectibles. I never played DI before but I always thought the figures looked neat. Hopefully if they release KH ones they'll include a Xemnas one and maybe a few Heartless figures.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Animator: "It would be weird if Mickey were doing crazy aerials & such..."[/paraphrase]

doesn't sound like the KH version of Mickey is in the pipeline, unless the guy's deliberately trolling.

On the upside DI seems to release a new Mickey figure every year: sorcerer Mickey in 1.0, crystal Sorcerer Mickey in 2.0, & now plain old vanilla Mickey in 3.0. If that's a trend then they're probably wanting another style of Mickey for 4.0 & beyond. Musketeer Mickey as a standalone figure seems unlikely since Musketeer Donald was a power disc (in fact, this year's Mickey getting a similar disc seems very likely) & I doubt Disney's gonna touch Epic Mickey with a 10 foot pole at this point. So what does that leave them with? :)

He hasn't played KH, I suspect haha

Mickey is such a tiny guy that aerials make him fun to play as. A grounded mouse might as well be a regular mouse.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
My brother plays these games, this would be incentive for me to get 3.0 but regardless I'd still buy them and the tron figures haha

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I don't own Infinity, but a sure fire way to sell me on it is by throwing in some KH (I know Sora would be first but I'd like to see the baes Riku and Aqua in Infinity style more tbh). I like pretty much everything else about the game, I just don't have the drive to actually buy it (or use all that money on the figures). But KH would definitely break that hesitation.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't own Infinity, but a sure fire way to sell me on it is by throwing in some KH (I know Sora would be first but I'd like to see the baes Riku and Aqua in Infinity style more tbh). I like pretty much everything else about the game, I just don't have the drive to actually buy it (or use all that money on the figures). But KH would definitely break that hesitation.

Definitely Riku. He's one of the most popular characters so he has to be in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back