• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Rumor: Kingdom Hearts Mickey Funko Pop releasing Early 2017?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Gamestop has recently opened pre-orders for upcoming Funko Pop figurines. An image taken by an employee shows a focus on Disney characters, and none other than Kingdom Hearts Mickey is listed among them. 

Although Funko has yet to make an official confirmation, the image suggests it would be released sometime between End of the Year 2016~Early 2017 for $11.99.

Would you buy this Mickey Funko Pop? If they expanded the Kingdom Hearts lineup, what characters do you expect or hope to see? Let us know!

Source: Forum user kupo1211

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
if sora riku or kair were funko pop i would buy it in a heartbeat and thank sign for this news/rumor

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
To answer your question kupo, it is very normal for GameStop to do preorders for Funkos. They make a ton of money off of merchandise these days, and Funko Pops are one of their best selling items.

Butyoudidnthearthatfrommeokay

TheKeybasHKey

Awards
I don´t think it will happen and mostly likely just to be a rumor. We luckly got the new merch aside from Square Enix. If it´s real, i would go nuts for a Kairi Funko Pop Figure.

Dandelion

baroque bitch
Awards
I don´t think it will happen and mostly likely just to be a rumor. We luckly got the new merch aside from Square Enix. If it´s real, i would go nuts for a Kairi Funko Pop Figure.
Nah, I'm pretty sure this is legit. Kingdom Hearts just got a deal with those other figures like, what, a month ago?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Nice! I think it'll take some time until we get actual KH characters (TAV pls), but this is great news.
AND MAKE THEM AVAILABLE IN EUROPE.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Uh, it's in the POS. If it in the POS, it is usually happening (butyoudidn'thearthatfromme). The only reason we have it marked as a rumor is because it is not an item confirmed by Funko as of yet.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
​Buying the KH Mickey Funko would show that fans want KH merch, so while I'd much prefer Riku, Aqua, or of course, Xemnas, I'd buy it.
(And twelve bucks is a lot more in my price range than those PAK figures.)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i want armored tav funko pop next

but honestly this is awesome, the more merchandising xor kh the better. i'll probably end up buying it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Uh, it's in the POS. If it in the POS, it is usually happening (butyoudidn'thearthatfromme). The only reason we have it marked as a rumor is because it is not an item confirmed by Funko as of yet.

If you go to your local Gamestop, you can actually preorder the figure right now. It's just that, as Master Spockanort said, Funko hasn't come outright and confirmed or shown photos.

I'm not shocked they'd start with King Mickey. Despite Sora being the face of KH, King Mickey is still the most recognizable character from the series. My dream is, after the inevitable Soras (KH1 Sora, KH2 Sora, every form Sora, Child Sora, Sora with Sea Salt Ice Cream, Sora with a Papou Fruit, Sora with Sea Salt Ice Cream and Papou Fruit), they make Birth by Sleep figures <3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Btw if you want to ensure you get one, make your pre-orders as soon as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if this Funko sells out and never sees a reprint.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I was literally just thinking about how amazing it would be if we got KH Funko POPs the other day! This makes a lot of sense though seeing several companies are releasing stuff for the upcoming anniversary (like those awesome foam keyrings that I may or may not be buying too many of). Plus Funko has confirmed that they are going to have exclusive merch at the D23 expo AND there are rumors going around that they might also be making a Disney Funko subscription box, so I could totally see Kingdom Hearts merch being connected to either of those.

I'm going to be pre-ordering a few Funko pop figures soon, so I might head to my GameStop tonight to see if the Mickey one is up for pre-order (considering that this is a picture from their in-store systems, it should be available for in-store pre-order at most locations).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm going to be pre-ordering a few Funko pop figures soon, so I might head to my GameStop tonight to see if the Mickey one is up for pre-order (considering that this is a picture from their in-store systems, it should be available for in-store pre-order at most locations).

Kupo has already called and I have also called my not-so-local store and they are indeed pre-orderable.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I was literally just thinking about how amazing it would be if we got KH Funko POPs the other day! This makes a lot of sense though seeing several companies are releasing stuff for the upcoming anniversary (like those awesome foam keyrings that I may or may not be buying too many of). Plus Funko has confirmed that they are going to have exclusive merch at the D23 expo AND there are rumors going around that they might also be making a Disney Funko subscription box, so I could totally see Kingdom Hearts merch being connected to either of those.

The bane of any collector's hobby...please Funko, be gentle on me.

tumblr_m9wlrdHhun1qbrdf3o2_r1_500.gif

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Kupo has already called and I have also called my not-so-local store and they are indeed pre-orderable.

Awesome! Then I will be sure to pre-order mine today if I get to my store in time (along with the upcoming Resident Evil and Beauty and the Beast ones)

The bane of any collector's hobby...please Funko, be gentle on me.

tumblr_m9wlrdHhun1qbrdf3o2_r1_500.gif
Ugh tell me about it. Inb4 its a Sora POP dipped in silver and covered in rhinestones

Sdog

Awards
Welp... and the Funko Pop buying resumes... Here's hoping for a full line!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I had just read news yesterday that there were new pops of Donald and Goofy coming, along with Pete and a set of Chip & Dale. Now coming here and seeing this, I wonder if those might be KH versions of D&G, Pete, and C&D??? I hope so. Although I want Queen Minnie most of all.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I have this compulsion to get any official KH merch

But I will never buy a Pop figure. Holy hell they are so ugly and cheap-looking.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I will probably buy... urg. But I don't tend to shop at Gamestop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back