• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix preparing "well-made" titles for E3 2018 and more details from FY3/2017 report

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix's FY3/2017 reports were released today and Takashi Mochizuki, of the Wall Street Journal, translated some of the content that Square Enix discussed in the reports.

Square Enix is keeping it's FY forecast unchanged, as they do not plan to release any big games between October 2017 - March 2018. Sorry to anyone who was hoping for Square Enix to somehow ship Kingdom Hearts 3 out early in 2018!

Square Enix is also planning to launch overseas titles in the next fiscal yearKingdom Hearts 3 is already planned for a 2018 release and hopefully this means that it, like Final Fantasy XV, will have a global launch so we can all enjoy Sora's latest adventures together without running the risk of seeing spoilers.

They are also planning to showcase "sharp", "powerful", and "well-made" titles at E3 2018. No doubt Kingdom Hearts 3 will be one of these titles, alongside potential showcase games such as Final Fantasy VII Remake, The Avengers Project, and Life is Strange 2.

Another interesting part discussed in the report was Square's newfound commitment to the Nintendo Switch. Square notes that the Switch's core architecture is similar to the Playstation 4 and Xbox One, so despite some adjustments, multiplatform games aren't entirely out of the question. 

As for developing games to the Switch? Square "won't rule out any IPs. Those include new ones, currently active ones, currently not-active ones". Could a Switch collection for the Kingdom Hearts ReMIX's be out of the question (after Kingdom Hearts 3 releases, maybe?)?

Believe it or not, 2018 is rapidly approaching. We are less than two months away from starting the new year, and hopefully we won't have to wait long for brand new Kingdom Hearts 3 news, as there will be a Kingdom Hearts Fan Event at D23 Expo Japan in mid-February. Could a final release date be revealed there, with further marketing in place for E3 2018?

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Square Enix preparing "well-made" titles for E3 2018 and more details from FY3/2017 report

i wont rule jump festa or psx for a final kh3 info in 2017

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Re: Square Enix preparing "well-made" titles for E3 2018 and more details from FY3/2017 report

Chaser said:
Square Enix is keeping it's FY forecast unchanged, as they do not plan to release any big games between October 2017 - March 2018. Sorry to anyone who was hoping for Square Enix to somehow ship Kingdom Hearts 3 out early in 2018!

I always knew March 2018 was way too hopeful for KH3. Even Q2 seems too hopeful. If anything it'll probably be out some time in Q4 just in time for the holidays.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I always knew March 2018 was way too hopeful for KH3. Even Q2 seems too hopeful. If anything it'll probably be out some time in Q4 just in time for the holidays.
If it helps, Square isn't really expecting an explosive first half of the year. Their projections don't go above their projections from this year, or even get close to matching it, meaning they are most likely holding back for the last half of 2018 :)

Maverick-flame

Website
fission-firaga.tumblr.com

I had a dream a few nights ago that KH3 was announced to release March 20, 2018 and I found myself crying--the sheer emotion and anticipation related to the release date was and still is huge. I woke up the next morning so disheartened, but hopeful for the future. I know it's out there somewhere, and in less than 500 days I'll be able to hold it in my hands...

Rii

Awards

I’m betting on Q3. Didn’t Nomura make a statement sometime recently, maybe at E3, to the effect of “KH3 will release in 2018, even if we have to delay again.”? It’s possible that I’m mistaken and this wasn’t actually said, but if it was, it sounds like he’s got some built in cushioning in case of an emergency delay. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, though

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

you just gotta love when a company promises "well made" games. that's a commitment to quality you just can't be lying about

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

you just gotta love when a company promises "well made" games. that's a commitment to quality you just can't be lying about

I'll admit that this part left me somewhat headscratching, mainly because of how emphasized it seems to be in the message.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Another interesting part discussed in the report was Square's newfound commitment to the Nintendo Switch. Square notes that the Switch's core architecture is similar to the Playstation 4 and Xbox One, so despite some adjustments, multiplatform games aren't entirely out of the question.

As for developing games to the Switch? Square "won't rule out any IPs. Those include new ones, currently active ones, currently not-active ones". Could a Switch collection for the Kingdom Hearts ReMIX's be out of the question (after Kingdom Hearts 3 releases, maybe?)?

02xLSgz.jpg

(& also Qix. Qix is awesome)

Last edited:

Veevee

Awards

I love it when companies promise well-made titles. Like, shouldn't EVERY ONE of your titles be well-made? We're talking about well-made, not super amazing or endlessly successful, but well-made. Reminds me of an Anime DVD I recently bought that was advertised with "good dub". Wow. I pay 40 bucks for 6 episodes, so it'd better be good.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

maybe theyre bringing out a kh monopoly. monopoly is a well made game, no big AAA console title has ever caused a fistfight to break out like monopoly.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

I keep telling folks since usually it takes a year or so for them to port games to Steam, it'll prolly be a extra year or so at least before it shows up on the Switch, IF it does at all. I could be wrong though, but that's how it has been for Steam.

I just don't think it's outside of the realm of possibility but you might have to wait a bit for it.

Zero Sora

Awards

I keep telling folks since usually it takes a year or so for them to port games to Steam, it'll prolly be a extra year or so at least before it shows up on the Switch, IF it does at all. I could be wrong though, but that's how it has been for Steam.

I just don't think it's outside of the realm of possibility but you might have to wait a bit for it.

It really depends on how long they've been working on a port for the Switch. If they've just started making it this year, then a year after PS4/Xbox releases seems like a fair assumption.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I think the "well-made" part could be a response to all the backlash that FFXV received for having possibly needed another year of development.

Other than that, Q3, Q4 sound reasonable, depending on how intense they've been working on localization and voice acting.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I read "sharp", "powerful", and "well-made" as mutually exclusive from each other. XD

Perkilator

Awards

<p><a href="https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/928234514609868800">Square Enix is keeping it's FY forecast unchanged</a>, as they do not plan to release any big games between October 2017 - March 2018. Sorry to anyone who was hoping for Square Enix to somehow ship <em>Kingdom Hearts 3</em> out early in 2018!</p>

Then I'll do the next thing and wai​t for Q2.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Unless there's a Xenogears remake announced for E3, the only game that I only have my sights set to is Kingdom Hearts III. That's their 2018 blockbuster title, the next Final Fantasy XV in terms of favorable treatment.

Zero Sora

Awards

I think the "well-made" part could be a response to all the backlash that FFXV received for having possibly needed another year of development.

FFXV got backlash for that? I thought the game was great. The only sucky part was how long chapter 13 was. Even then, it wasn't terrible. I had a blast playing the rest of the game. It was probably my favorite game of 2016. I plan on replaying it when it fades from memory a bit more. Plus I still play the DLC when I remember it exists.

Alpha Baymax said:
Unless there's a Xenogears remake announced for E3, the only game that I only have my sights set to is Kingdom Hearts III.

What about Spider-Man PS4? That game looks sweet. Jurassic Park Evolution also looks pretty good.

Sally-boiii

Awards

I’m betting on Q3. Didn’t Nomura make a statement sometime recently, maybe at E3, to the effect of “KH3 will release in 2018, even if we have to delay again.”? It’s possible that I’m mistaken and this wasn’t actually said, but if it was, it sounds like he’s got some built in cushioning in case of an emergency delay. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, though

You basically got it, but IIRC I think he said the game would come out in 2018 even if they have to cut and save some for DLC. I don't really remember all that well though.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

What about Spider-Man PS4? That game looks sweet. Jurassic Park Evolution also looks pretty good.

I don't care for the Jurassic franchise, and as cool as Spider-Man is, Kingdom Hearts is far more sentimental to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back