• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Things you Like/Disliked about 358/2 days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakushīnu

And there's no way in hell you or anyone else doesn't consider at least a handful of these challenges to be hard.

Not Hard, just really time consuming

For example, the last challenge in Olympus Coliseum, the one where you have to beat the fire version of the Morning Star, is ridiculous. The timing is unreasonably close, and the only way I found you can get all 3 sigils is by spamming Blizzara. Even then, a huge amount of the mission is left to chance. That the enemy will freeze at the right time or even happen to hit the blizzara is largely based on how lucky you get.

Finished in 35:74 by casting Blizzara

This as well as several other missions have what I would consider unfair restraints, while the rest are just way too easy (at least by the time I tried them).

Which ones have unfair restraints, ill tell you how to complete the challenge.

baconbits

Disliked:
Limited number of worlds you could visit
No "Ultima Weapon" (and sh*tty final weapon)
AI's got in your way more often than not
Camera
Magic System
Can't spin panels
No stop or gravity magic
Spotty storytelling
and probably more I just cant think of right now

Liked:
How they actually changed Never Land and tried to make it island-like (gotta give em props for changing a world for a DS game)
Unique panel system
Mission mode where you get to play as other people- even in the organization
Different levels of magic are their own thing (Fire-homing, Fira-shoots straight, Firaga-shoots up)
Some completely new bosses/boss battles
Different types of keyblades
Mission-type gameplay
It's finally a new KH game! :D

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Neverland was one of my favorite worlds. :v

Awards
Rakushīnu;4526504 said:
Not Hard, just really time consuming
Time consuming how?
Because it takes multiple attempts?
Or because the missions themselves take a while?

If it's multiple attempts, that kinda constitutes what "hard" is.
And the challenges themselves never take that long. Especially, you know, the timed ones.

Rakushīnu;4526504 said:
Finished in 35:74 by casting Blizzara
So, how exactly did you make this so "easy"?
Because right now you're just trying to flash an extraordinarily big e-dick.

Rakushīnu;4526504 said:
Which ones have unfair restraints, ill tell you how to complete the challenge.
I beat them all, not really a point there, derp.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Emerald Serenades. Ugh. That one in the maze in Wonderland was just too much for me.

I actually found the one in the maze to have been the easiest. It's a circular route so I managed to get a hint in every other second or so by running in the opposite direction to meet him o_O and the Fire ambushes were ridiculously easy to pull off.

captain

Bronze Member
Like: playing as The King

Dislike: only 8 worlds (and TWTNW) barely counts

Awards
Rakushīnu;4527816 said:
Just keep casting Blizzara
Brilliant.

Except, again, as I said, this takes luck.
The reason for this is twofold:
- When the fire-styled Morning Star is spinning, its moving too fast for you to reliably hit it with any spell. The reason Blizzara works best is because it stays on the ground for a while should you miss. However, the longer it stays on the ground (that is, the longer the enemy dodges it), the longer it takes for you to cast another Blizzara. If this happens too much, which is pretty likely given the how random the enemy spins around, you're screwed for the time limit.
- Likelihood of freezing. Pure chance. If it freezes, you're lucky. If it freezes several times, you're very lucky (assuming you manage to hit it enough times within the time limit). But you can also freeze it in its spinning form too. And if that happens at all, you're done. Why? Because you can't damage it, and it just wastes time. Too much time.

But, really, your strategy must purely be tactical genius.

Rakushīnu;4527816 said:
Then why are you crying about the challenges.
Because this is a "Things you Liked/Disliked about 358/2 days" thread, where you can post such things even after you've done them. :O

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Liked:
Character development of characters who needed it, meaning just about every non CoM member.
Gameplay
Multiplayer Mode
Story
Diary/Secret Reports
Panal System
Limit Break System (Loved it more than KH2's more spammier, abusive system)
The comedy this game brings. This KH might be the (only?) KH that brought me the most laughter.
Et cetera.

Disliked:

Lack of boss fight design. KH2, while had a mediocre story at best, had excellent gameplay and boss fights. However, most bosses in 358/2 Days are pretty repetitive. Leechgrave was about the only difficult boss, while there were about two other fun ones (or, almost any boss that wasn't a palette swipe was decent). I was vastly disappointed with the game's final boss as he was extremely easy. I was hoping we'd get to fight a second form, while being much harder and winnable, would lose in a cutscene, but that did not happen. At least, the bosses in this game were generally no Kurt Ziza or CoR bosses. It is the DS, so I can give it a break, but even CoM had Ansem and Riku IV battles that had a wide range of attacks.

Most of the enemies are simple palette swipes.

Some enemies will disappear when they travel too far out of their area, and respawn at full health. This is especially annoying for some of the aerial enemies who seem to run from you.

Generally, most of the new keyblades in this game did not look too pretty. This isn't much of a problem thanks to Zero Gear, which is the only gear I use.

I recently realized, though can say so officially, but the replayability of this game might be less than what I thought. This game is nothing but missions. That in itself isn't bad, but that's pretty much all you do when you do the extras. First you do each mission normally, then you do its holo mission to get previously unobtainable badges, chests, or to complete it 100%, then you do its challenges, which are sometimes two for one mission, then you have it in multiplayer mode. That's really not all that bad by itself, but the purpose of starting a new game, while it does have its pluses in wanting to re-experience the story, doesn't have much else. In most other KH games, being a person who loves the gameplay, I'd love looking forward to fighting a certain boss, but that's countered by it can easily be done by selecting its mission in another data, and the game mainly only has bland heartless bosses to offer, for the most part. I'm currently playing the game again on proud, and that's what I'm feeling with the missions since for the most part, I've done these many times trying to get more sigils or in multiplayer mode.

All in all, the game's pluses greatly outweigh the negatives. Most of the negatives are because its on the DS, I assume, and this game is superb compared to most other DS games.

Rakushīnu

Generally, most of the new keyblades in this game did not look too pretty. This isn't much of a problem thanks to Zero Gear, which is the only gear I use.

I also thought this. I think that the keyblades in Days look more like swords than KH and KH2 keyblades.

Awards
It's not like the Gears are canon anyway- never show up in any cutscenes and, more importantly, all of the Organization use them.

I'd sooner think the Gears are gameplay exclusive than wonder whether or not Saix can truly change his claymore into a banana.

Awards
Towards the end of the game things seemed to speed up too much. and it took away from the impact of the ending for me, (But not too much)

Also no FF characters :(

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Towards the end of the game things seemed to speed up too much. and it took away from the impact of the ending for me, (But not too much)

Not really. They spread out the plot all through the game which made it seem too little and far too far in between for me. The end was good BECAUSE they seemingly put it all together.

That's another plus XD; not that I dislike the FF characters but interaction with the 'natural inhabitants' of the worlds was tricky enough. I'd hate to have needed to go through the trouble of tiptoeing around Leon.

captain

Bronze Member
Like: Christopher Lee

Dislike: Organization Emblems
AND
Staying out of people's sight..

WwhiptailwW

Great character development
Xion
Playable Characters in multiplayer
The Saix Battle was quite epic
Briefly Dual Wielding while it was raining was epic

Dislikes:
You should have been able to explore more of TCTNW instead of just the Grey Area
Vexen, Zexion, Larxene, Marluxia and Lexaeus were out of the story too early IMO
There should have been a mode where you can freely run through world once you completed the story (so every area in the world was accessible)
No WFC (even though it may have been laggy, it would have still been a nice extra)

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Xion
the variety of weapons to choose from (and the fact that you could either buy OR synthasize said weapons)
the acting (and actors)
the details and graphics
Character devlopment
the diary

Dislikes:
The heartless that had about as much HP as Sephiroth in KH2, making the battles against them last longer than they needed to be
The lack of space in the panels (yeah, it teaches strategy, but a few extra panels could be added at the beginning and still require strategy)
lack of cutscenes (too few ;_; I was hoping to hear everyone's voices again)
the fact that th worlds didn't always tie into the storyline that much

All in all, the dislikes are easily overlooked (except the lack of cutscenes), and the game is friggin awesome. =)

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice

That's why they dose you with plot at certain intervals.

For me, my interest was renewed every 50 or so days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back