• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

More Vjump Scans

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
no keychain on his keyblade makes him even more powerfull? i dont think that adds up

Let me explain TAV's keyblades don't have keychains to begin with and I am only assuming that Vanitas' keyblade does have a keychain at the same time TAV's keyblades do not. So at that point he is at a higher rank.

Then TAV get a chain and eventualy a charm too. Vanitas gets a charm later too.

That's what i'm I think might be the case.

ssceles

Website
ssceles.deviantart.com
...after reading through a mountain of the posts left in this thread... has anyone officially identified that chair?

- Hollow Bastion's library? (Well its not the one Kairi's grandma is sitting in, I looked immediately.)
- Mickey's Desk, Disney Castle?
- Roxas' Room?
- Yen Sid's tower?
- Potentially a location in the Land of Departure?

The room gives me the illusion of being round, potentially like that of the office of Ansem the Wise. There seems to be a globe on the desk behind Vanitas. (Funny, I wanted to call him 'Ven'itas. Incidentally, it reminds me of 'Veritas' which means 'Truth'. Just another 'starts with a v - end with a tas' word. I remember a very long time ago when it was speculated the name was Venom. But I can't remember where the went and its unimportant.

But getting a confirmation on that chair is important to me. =/ I would like to be able to connect Vanitas to Hollow Bastion, and therefore the heart studies of Ansem the Wise, other than just a nicely fitting timeframe.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
TAV's keyblades don't have keychains to begin with
the game was still in progress so im guessing at first they gave them keychains...

shiny milotic

Surfing the dunes with a red cloaked stranger
Is it just me, or is MX at Disney Castle? I also notice they've altered MX's outfit and that he's wearing the same shoes as O13. Might be a clue or something.

It further shows that MX has connection with Xehanort since Ansem Seeker of Darkness, Xemnas, and obviously Organization XIII(except Larxene,Xion, and Roxas) and Xehanort himself have the same shoes.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
oh yeah, the whole "sonosuketoha?", idk how, but i remember something about "transparent assistant", which could tie into the KH2FM+ secret ending[u know, how DS came out of MX's body], but i just went w/ "assistant" to be safe since you can't read the rest, but it probably doesn't mean "transparent".

and the word they used for soldier: "senshi" could also be translated into "K.I.A[killed in action]" or like "dead", mostly a warrior who died in battle and stuff, so that was pretty interesting too, but went w/ "soldier" since it also means that. it's most likely what it meant, since Vanitas doesn't seem to be dead..well idk, it's KH, >~> he could be a living dead soul? haha.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
oh yeah, the whole "sonosuketoha?", idk how, but i remember something about "transparent assistant", which could tie into the KH2FM+ secret ending[u know, how DS came out of MX's body], but i just went w/ "assistant" to be safe since you can't read the rest, but it probably doesn't mean "transparent".

and the word they used for soldier: "senshi" could also be translated into "K.I.A[killed in action]" or like "dead", mostly a warrior who died in battle and stuff, so that was pretty interesting too, but went w/ "soldier" since it also means that. it's most likely what it meant, since Vanitas doesn't seem to be dead..well idk, it's KH, >~> he could be a living dead soul? haha.

Well the Unversed are "the opposite of human life" so... >_> Maybe he IS an Unversed.

As for the lack of Keychains... I'm thinking that Terra/Aqua/Ventus don't actually have Keyblades, but merely metal shaped like Keyblades. I mean... they look like none we've ever seen before, really. They also seem to be made of metal, whereas all of the other Keyblades we've seen have seemed to be made of a substance other than metal... *shrugs* That last part probably makes no sense. xD

ssceles

Website
ssceles.deviantart.com
I thought I'd google Vanitas as ヴァニタス for you guys. I found this (and notice that I've linked it THROUGH the google translator so you can read it in English): http://www.translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.paintweb.jp/text/vanitas.html - it has nothing to do with the character, but has to do purely with the meaning of the word and how Japan, and potentially therefore the creators, interpret the meaning. You may get something out of it (since they seem to mention masterpieces as vanity, not wanting to age as vanity... these concepts apply to KH). Vanity is another aspect of the heart, afterall...

@Aqua. - Thankyou for that bit about how it could mean he's dead. It's KH, he could be dead in a different sense...? What if his heart is stuck in his armor, like a heart is stuck in an Emblem Heartless (only Emblems release hearts when killed by a keyblade)? He could have fallen to darkness, but never lost his heart (because of the armor, it is my theory). But the heart qualified to wield the keyblade is still in the body, so the body still can wield the keyblade. *I have a theory thread on this already.* But it helps me, thankyou!

Last edited:

captain

Bronze Member
Now DS got a name.

Vanitas? Cool name, cool design...

11b812a.jpg

Cool leaning against the bookshelf like, yeah I'm the bad guy..

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
I thought I'd google Vanitas as ヴァニタス for you guys. I found this (and notice that I've linked it THROUGH the google translator so you can read it in English): http://www.translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.paintweb.jp/text/vanitas.html - it has nothing to do with the character, but has to do purely with the meaning of the word and how Japan, and potentially therefore the creators, interpret the meaning. You may get something out of it (since they seem to mention masterpieces as vanity, not wanting to age as vanity... these concepts apply to KH). Vanity is another aspect of the heart, afterall...
mind giving us a small summary about what it says in there since i have way too many tabs open right now.

ssceles

Website
ssceles.deviantart.com
The Japanese site on the meaning behind the word Vanitas? When it comes to words like that... words to describe the heart... the translations are kind of vague and left open to interpretation. xD

...I can compare it to a religious concept I was brought up with. That everything in this world is just material and it will not go with you to the next life. There is no point to hoard or seek anything. Yet it is human nature to do so anyway? Even the search of knowledge itself becomes a material thing to be vain over - if you can show it off and put others down with it, you have become vain. But it means nothing once you're dead, you see? This is the best thing I can quote from the site I linked:

Vanitas is vanity, the transience of life, and is translated as emptiness of the world. I think it relatively easy to understand concepts, so that there is a sense of Impermanence Buddhism in Japan. However, the uncertainty of the East and the West still uncertainty as there is a little different area. Vanitas is that knowledge is vain and all earthly possessions, all took the time to death of this world do not change and what are the things that means.
(ヴァニタスは虚栄、生のはかなさ、現世の虚しさなどと訳されます。日本にも諸行無常という仏教観があるので比較的理解し易い観念だと思います。しかし、やはり西洋の無常と東洋の無常は多少違う部分もあるようです。ヴァニタスは現世の財産や知識は全て虚しいものであり、時は全てを奪い、死には現世のどんなものも逆らえない、という事を意味しています。)

Note the use of the word emptiness. Isn't that what everyone's translators were giving them?

edit: Vanity is one of the seven deadly sins, right? A negative thing. But its ignored in small doses, encouraged even... self esteem and all. But too much is bad. It'd be fitting if he were an unversed... if unversed are made of negative emotions. Vanity is self-centered. Self-centered people shouldn't rightfully own keyblades. >< But he does. What if he only became vain after gaining the dark suit? What if the name isn't his real name at all?

Last edited:

Oblivionite

Um in the scan the picture of AV (Apprentice Vanitas) right next to the picture of Aqua, does his keyblade have a keychain or no? cause it sort of looks like it...

Awards
Well the Unversed are "the opposite of human life" so... >_> Maybe he IS an Unversed.

The Unversed are born from negative emotion.
Vanity could certainly be considered a negative emotion.

It makes more sense, knowing KH, that "vanity" here means "emptiness." But that doesn't mean that it can't also mean excessive pride.

Xehanort and Xion's names, for example, have been said by Nomura to have multiple meanings.
Vanitas could follow this trend. Vanity may be a double entendre here.

Just look at Vanitas in that picture. If you were to judge his character off of that picture, what would your initial impression be? He comes off as being very vain.

Last edited:

ssceles

Website
ssceles.deviantart.com
Indeed. The double entendre may in this case in the form that he himself is vain... but that he is also the symbol of someone else's vanity. MX showing off his apprentice makes him vain, also. If they think the suit gives them super human ability to use darkness without hurting themselves... (which I think is entirely a mistake - lol, 'correct my mistake' anyone?) Vanity is emptiness. It means nothing when you pass on. Material things are so very, very pointless...

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
The Unbirth are born from negative emotion.
Vanity could certainly be considered a negative emotion.

It makes more sense, knowing KH, that "vanity" here means "emptiness." But that doesn't mean that it can't also mean excessive pride.

Xehanort and Xion's names, for example, have been said by Nomura to have multiple meanings.
Vanitas could follow this trend. Vanity may be a double entendre here.

Just look at Vanitas in that picture. If you were to judge his character off of that picture, what would your initial impression be? He comes off as being very vain.
look at the picture closely.

people think, he is leaning against it, with both arms doing the same thing, leaning on it w/ his elbows.

but to me it seams, that his left arm is on his chest/stomach, as if talking about the heart or something, and it looks like he's reaching his chest. if you notice, in his full picture, there's that tiny bit of red stuff in the center, but you can't see it in the other one because [to me] his hand is over it... almost as if he is thinking....

but what he is saying is "i wonder if you will ever see terra again" or something like that, to me i think he is thinking, or being cocky...idk.

Awards
You're looking way too far into it.

He's definitely leaning back.
And his position is a signature indicator (in Japanese culture) of that "cocky" attitude, as you said.

A cocky person is a vain person.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
You're looking way too far into it.

He's definitely leaning back.
And his position is a signature indicator (in Japanese culture) of that "cocky" attitude, as you said.

A cocky person is a vain person.

Yep, that is a cocky stance. Gives us a good insight to his character. He may act kinda like Riku did at the begining of KH1 with that cocky attitude he had toward Sora on DI.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Interesting.. I know it might not exactly be true, but it looks like Ven and DS are having somewhat of a casual conversation in that scene in the library-like area or whatever. It makes me wonder if there's/ there was a possible friendship between the two, or even a rivalry, ala Riku and Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back