• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you forgive him?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Everyone seems to forgive Riku for his actions in KH1. I've always been confused by this. Is he really forgivable? He destroyed an island with the people in it, kidnapped a little boy and a princessess, and intended to kill Sora. Didn't Ansem (XH), Master Xehanort, and Xemnas do things like this? I know you'll say they still want to, but even if they turned good, would you forgive them then?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
He can be forgiven because friendship.

Sadly, that's all their is to it.

Mr. Crowley

Banned
Everyone seems to forgive Riku for his actions in KH1. I've always been confused by this. Is he really forgivable? He destroyed an island with the people in it, kidnapped a little boy and a princessess, and intended to kill Sora. Didn't Ansem (XH), Master Xehanort, and Xemnas do things like this? I know you'll say they still want to, but even if they turned good, would you forgive them then?

Aw come on. It was only a puppet.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Um, well with me it comes day by day. Some days I like Riku, other days I wanna punch him in his pretty boy face.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
But what does that mean, "seduced by the darkness"?

Maleficent and Ansem were manipulating Riku the entire time, playing on his fears and insecurities to leave him (in his mind) no choice but to do what they wanted him to do.

Riku's clearly a messed-up kid who did a lot of bad things, but he's not really a bad person -- he knows what he did was wrong, and did everything in his power to try to make up for it. And refusing to forgive someone who honestly and truly wants to change is pretty cold-hearted, IMO.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I didn't forgive him at the end of KH but I'd forgiven him by KH2.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Actually, he just stood there while Sora pushed the door shut by the end, and it was Sora and Mickey who sealed Kingdom Hearts.

alex=axel

I forgave him when he actually got a keyblade, cuz i was waiting way too long to see him actually do work with a keyblade (apart from that part in KH1)

ICECOOL113

I understand why Riku was drawn to the darkness and he did show signs of trying to save Sora when he was being controlled by Ansem and tried to save the rest of the gang when Sora turned heartless. Plus he helped protect Sora in KH Days from the Org.13 and in KH2. In days he also helped Xion without destroying her by force. All around I forgive him!

***Plus he's too sexy to NOT be forgiven** :3

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
In all honestly, no matter how cheesy this sounds, I never blamed him. Not once.

Maxyli138

I think after everything Riku has gone through from the end of KH1 to the end of KH2 he can be forgiven. I will never make him one of my favorite protagonists because of the deep hatred I had for him in KH1, but I still have a lot of respect for him.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Maleficent and Ansem were manipulating Riku the entire time, playing on his fears and insecurities to leave him (in his mind) no choice but to do what they wanted him to do.

Riku's clearly a messed-up kid who did a lot of bad things, but he's not really a bad person -- he knows what he did was wrong, and did everything in his power to try to make up for it. And refusing to forgive someone who honestly and truly wants to change is pretty cold-hearted, IMO.

What makes someone a bad person then if doing bad things isn't?

If Ansem or Xemnas wanted to change, would you forgive them?

And some things are unforgivable, even if the person wanted to change. It depends on what they did.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What makes someone a bad person then if doing bad things isn't?

If Ansem or Xemnas wanted to change, would you forgive them?

And some things are unforgivable, even if the person wanted to change. It depends on what they did.

Something you seem to be forgetting: intention. Riku didn't mean to do bad things, but after listening to Maleficent and Ansem's enticing words, in his mind, he was doing the right thing. They made him think Sora didn't care about him and Kairi anymore. They made him they that Sora stole the Keyblade from him. They made him think that he was just off galavanting across the worlds, fooling around with his new best friends, regardless of everything that had been happening.

By your logic, Robin Hood was wrong for stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, because he stole, and stealing is bad, even if the people were living a life of oppression and poverty while Prince John slept in the comfort of his own castle with everything he'd ever wanted.

-had just finished watching 1973 Disney Robin Hood-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back