• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NieR Automata | Xbox One on June 26th, 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Just wanna say, the music in this game is absolutely gorgeous. I'd say that it surpasses the soundtrack of the original NieR.

I also have to mention that I've seen Shakespeare in a new light thanks to this game. (No story spoilers in this video, but definitely don't look at the next/recommended videos.)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Just wanna say, the music in this game is absolutely gorgeous. I'd say that it surpasses the soundtrack of the original NieR.

I also have to mention that I've seen Shakespeare in a new light thanks to this game. (No story spoilers in this video, but definitely don't look at the next/recommended videos.)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Wow that was hilarious. I can't wait to play this game soon in a couple of hours. I'm so happy the game is receiving so many good scores.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

Nooo stop making me want this game even more ;_; The original game has my favorite OST ever right after KH2 and if this one has even close to as good then it's already an amazing game just for that. I need.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'm torn between whether or not to get this on PS4 or the physical PC release.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I played this game almost non stop yesterday and I love it! I have already done almost 20% of the side quests so I fear that I'll get greedy again and finish this in a couple of days.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I haven't been able to play much between jobs, but my experience has been overwhelmingly positive. It is relaxing translating the celestial language and researching the philosophers that get mentioned.

The highlight of the game has been getting brutally murdered by a moose because I stopped to stare at it. I'm past the Amusement Park part, so I think I'm gonna backtrack and do some sidequests before going deeper into the forest or going back to Anemone. (Also I really need to stop and read up on the YoRHa play because I think Anemone is mentioned in it).

Also big note: THE MUSIC IS SO GOOD. It never ends. Beautiful track after beautiful track.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So one of my friends (who I swear needs to stop taking the Neptunia community seriously if he want to be in it) wants to know the appeal of the Neir series, including the new game

Nier's appeal...Well, it really starts with Yoko Taro. He's got great ideas and knows how to tell a story. Every game he's made has always had some sort of gut-wrenching twist or is about the nature of humanity. The Drakengard series highlights the depravity of humans and the cruelty of gods. The series also shows you how bad people can do good things and good people can end up being the most twisted minds...if we wanted to simplify things, of course.

With Nier, it focuses more on the preserverence of humanity and the nature of the human soul. And all of Yoko Taro's games boil down to being about relationships and bonds. Nier has many twists which are fantastic and well-executed, but the whole story is great because the characters are charismatic and engaging. You fall in love with the cast very easily, then the game starts dropping truth bombs and you feel like an awful person.

The gameplay ranges from shit (DoD1-DoD3) to playable (Nier) with all of his games thanks to the shoe-string budget they have given Yoko Taro over the years, sadly. And while you don't need to have played any Drakengard games to understand Nier, it helps with a lot of world building and just getting a sense of Yoko Taro's twisted universe.

Nier Automata carries over those themes of humanity and the soul from Nier, but adds fantastic gameplay to it.

TL;DR

Nier is a well written, creative game about humanity that hooks people because it fucks you up.

Somebody can probably explain it better than me, though.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Nier's appeal...Well, it really starts with Yoko Taro. He's got great ideas and knows how to tell a story. Every game he's made has always had some sort of gut-wrenching twist or is about the nature of humanity. The Drakengard series highlights the depravity of humans and the cruelty of gods. The series also shows you how bad people can do good things and good people can end up being the most twisted minds...if we wanted to simplify things, of course.

With Nier, it focuses more on the preserverence of humanity and the nature of the human soul. And all of Yoko Taro's games boil down to being about relationships and bonds. Nier has many twists which are fantastic and well-executed, but the whole story is great because the characters are charismatic and engaging. You fall in love with the cast very easily, then the game starts dropping truth bombs and you feel like an awful person.

The gameplay ranges from shit (DoD1-DoD3) to playable (Nier) with all of his games thanks to the shoe-string budget they have given Yoko Taro over the years, sadly. And while you don't need to have played any Drakengard games to understand Nier, it helps with a lot of world building and just getting a sense of Yoko Taro's twisted universe.

Nier Automata carries over those themes of humanity and the soul from Nier, but adds fantastic gameplay to it.

TL;DR

Nier is a well written, creative game about humanity that hooks people because it fucks you up.

Somebody can probably explain it better than me, though.

And my friend won't pick up the games because he takes the 2B Waifu stuff seriously like everything he shares with me.

I want to be nice but he takes these Waifu stuff seriously and drop potential series just because of the one side of the fandom

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And my friend won't pick up the games because he takes the 2B Waifu stuff seriously like everything he shares with me.

I want to be nice but he takes these Waifu stuff seriously and drop potential series just because of the one side of the fandom

Waifu stuff...? Like he dislikes the waifu treatment? He's gonna need to drop every series he follows then.

Or like he likes waifu stuff? Then he should be playing everything...

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Waifu stuff...? Like he dislikes the waifu treatment? He's gonna need to drop every series he follows then.

Or like he likes waifu stuff? Then he should be playing everything...

That and I Tell him to play the games for himself than watching it. Experience is better hands on than watching it on YouTube where you probably watched the boring walk through.

I copied all what you said But I don't understand how none of it is his forte if he never played any game

He spends more time sharing me every post on messenger than what's he's into because he takes that whole Waifu material seriously yet you have something interesting as Nier and it's not his forte after going on First about 2B Waifu material.

And what were you doing to fall asleep watching Nier than playing it.

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Just in case Buffer Buffer buffer buffer buffer

Spoiler Spoiler Show

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Now he won't get the new game because it's trending or Game of the year potential. He's really taking all these things seriously or passing it because he won't get a console or a good PC.

It's a different IP outside Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, that's all you need to know. Falling asleep on gameplay, find exciting gameplay like commentary.

I want to get into the series not because of trends, GOTY, or waifus. It's what I want to get into that's outside my usual picks and I really have a shallow pool of series and need to go deeper.

That's why I want to play Neir

Happyfunshineman

Awards
Everyone needs to play this game, it’s really something special. The game is distinctly not perfect but it left such an impression on me that I think I’ll remember it as pretty much perfect.

Be sure you go for all the endings! The last ending really moved me. Unlike Taro’s other games you don’t need 100% weapon completion to get all the endings though you will need them all (and fully upgraded) if you want to fight the secret boss.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Help, can't get my friend to like series because he's so bothered by popularity of 2b and everyone treating the game as a savior.

Can I just this a lost cause because even I'm can' take him being bothered by it's fans. Yeah everyone is calling it a savior but are you honestly taking that minority seriously. He won't try the games out when I told told him everything Spock told me, but won't get a console because he hates them or won't bother to try because his PC isn't good enough. I'm trying to be nice, but no one should be this gunho about the fans because you have a different opinion about a series you can't like but I have to be your ear about it.

So give up trying and just enjoy the series myself? He won't. And if he does this when Persona 5 hits i April, ugh I don't want that.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Help, can't get my friend to like series because he's so bothered by popularity of 2b and everyone treating the game as a savior.

Can I just this a lost cause because even I'm can' take him being bothered by it's fans. Yeah everyone is calling it a savior but are you honestly taking that minority seriously. He won't try the games out when I told told him everything Spock told me, but won't get a console because he hates them or won't bother to try because his PC isn't good enough. I'm trying to be nice, but no one should be this gunho about the fans because you have a different opinion about a series you can't like but I have to be your ear about it.

So give up trying and just enjoy the series myself? He won't. And if he does this when Persona 5 hits i April, ugh I don't want that.

If your friend doesn't want to play the game or purchase a console for whatever reason, he doesn't have to, it shouldn't impact your experience with the game. If you want to play the game and enjoy it, then do that. Automata is getting a lot of positive reactions, so don't worry if your friend doesn't want to play it, that's his choice and his loss. Enjoy what you want to enjoy.

That said, Nier is definitely in my list of must-buys at some point this year. I still have so much to play and chew through that it'll be a while, but it went from me not being interested in the game at all to me really wanting to play it. I'm glad so many people are enjoying it, seems to be better than I initially anticipated.

Back