• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Antagonist in the new saga

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It would also be a nice contrast to Xehanort's more scientific point of view.

That's kinda what makes Xehanort a fitting antagonist for the series, though; skipping the emotions and going straight for the facts. Xehanort symbolizes Heartlessness in a way that the "actual" Heartless can't.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah im not saying they should be total nutcases. They might be better with some sympathy but religion as a vague concept is almost a given in such a story.

The main problem with such an approach though would be that it would incite even more fandom wars and designating Sora and co. as the "evil" side than the Organisation XIII-flimflam already did.
Such antagonists are very hard to pull off and portray effectively without really diminishing the moral high ground of the protagonists and going by the record so far the storytelling ability of the KH script writers is not as top notch as it could be.

Including religion could be a huge mistake though as most real religious nutcases and bigot zealots tend to be very pissed if their warped views are portrayed correctly somewhere on screen, even if only by allusion.

That's kinda what makes Xehanort a fitting antagonist for the series, though; skipping the emotions and going straight for the facts. Xehanort symbolizes Heartlessness in a way that the "actual" Heartless can't.

True that, as in the end, the Heartless themselves as creatures are only instinct driven and nothing but cannon fodder, like the rest of the mooks in the series.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Yeah, that true, but I'd like the new Villain to show how dangerous it is to just go with your feelings and not think, let them lead you astray. In my personal opinion it's better to try a new kind of villain than to try and imitate the last one, some kind of contrast to make it feel more original and not just a rip off of the old one.

The main problem with such an approach though would be that it would incite even more fandom wars and designating Sora and co. as the "evil" side than the Organisation XIII-flimflam already did.
Such antagonists are very hard to pull off and portray effectively without really diminishing the moral high ground of the protagonists and going by the record so far the storytelling ability of the KH script writers is not as top notch as it could be.

Including religion could be a huge mistake though as most real religious nutcases and bigot zealots tend to be very pissed if their warped views are portrayed correctly somewhere on screen, even if only by allusion.

Yeah this is true, I guess the Religion type storyline is better kept for FF, I don't see Disney wanting to get involved in such a mess. Also I never got how you could see Sora and co. as "evil" for taking out an organization trying to make people heartless so that they could regain their own hearts.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah this is true, I guess the Religion type storyline is better kept for FF, I don't see Disney wanting to get involved in such a mess. Also I never got how you could see Sora and co. as "evil" for taking out an organization trying to make people heartless so that they could regain their own hearts.

Yep, especially knowing how easily some religious bigots are "offended" by the slightest scrap that looks like "provocation", Disney will not risk too much in that department.
You'll have to ask rabid Organisation XIII-fans on that one, as I don't understand that either, as well as painting DiZ, however much of a jerkass he was at that time, as worse than Xemnas, lol.

Smithee

Awards
Religious zealots? Too sketchy, like Sephiroth0812 said.

Vigilantes? More plausible.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I never got how you could see Sora and co. as "evil" for taking out an organization trying to make people heartless so that they could regain their own hearts.

People that think the Organization were good people forget the most important reason for defeating them as stated by Riku when asked by Xemnas why they were trying to defeat them all: "Simple, it's because you mess up our worlds."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
For people who are fans of the Organization and see Sora as "bad", it is because Sora asked no questions before taking down each Organization member. Sora was told they were causing mayhem and without seeing this for himself he decided he'd take them down without batting an eye. Without any of the other information provided in subsequent games, the Org. XIII's main goal was only to get their old hearts back and why persecute people for trying to become whole again?

Of course it was not as simple as that and even in KH2 their methods were not condonable and coupled with CoM it was obvious there was a lot more happening than what they were saying, but you all know bias can get in the way of truth.

Smithee

Awards
The next antagonist could be legitimately well-meaning, similar to N from Pokemon Black & White:

20120318031917N.png

...but without a Ghetsis-like manipulator, of course (let's face it: KH already has one in the form of MX).

Last edited:

curlychuck

I want Oswald to be a villain. I REALLY think the games need to shift focus back to Disney villains like in KH1.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I want Oswald to be a villain. I REALLY think the games need to shift focus back to Disney villains like in KH1.

I agree that the focus should shift back to the Disney villains, even if it just a bit. But I don't see Oswald being able to carry a saga nor do I think he's known enough to warren a major role in the series.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Probably, there will be some unlikely antagonist that we never expected. Could you imagine Xigbar going on as a main villain on his own or Saix? Sure, they seem unlikely, but remember Tobi. I wasn't expecting him to become a bad-ass villain as he started out as a goofball.

Smithee

Awards
Probably, there will be some unlikely antagonist that we never expected. Could you imagine Xigbar going on as a main villain on his own or Saix? Sure, they seem unlikely, but remember Tobi. I wasn't expecting him to become a bad-ass villain as he started out as a goofball.

And given Tobi's recent unmasking and identity-reveal, he's gained an unexpected level of sympathy on top of that.

My favorite villains are the tragic/sympathetic ones, as they leave more of an emotional/bittersweet impression in the end. Which would explain why I can't quite seem to get enthusiastic with ones like MX....

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
And given Tobi's recent unmasking and identity-reveal, he's gained an unexpected level of sympathy on top of that.

My favorite villains are the tragic/sympathetic ones, as they leave more of an emotional/bittersweet impression in the end. Which would explain why I can't quite seem to get enthusiastic with ones like MX....

Hopefully, MX might have a sympathetic background.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

As great as Xigbar and Saix are I can't see them carry an saga, also it's probably better to start the next saga with a somewhat clean slate when it comes to the villain. I can see this two as minor recurring villains, but nothing major or even of the scale they are right now.

The thing with Tobi was, we didn't know anything about him, unlike Isa and Braig. His origin and his motive weren't really known.

Isn't the whole point of Tobi's character to show what could have happened to Naruto, if he went down a different/the wrong path. In this regard Tobi is a dark reflection of Naruto and is suppose to be relatable to both us the readers and Naruto, seeing they're both driven by their emotions.The dark reflection is in my opinion a good archtype for a villain.
In a way even Xehanort is a dark reflection of both Sora and Riku, just unlike Tobi he's not meant to be sympathetic but dislikable and heartless.

When the next saga comes around I wouldn't mind seeing a villain in a similar fashion to Tobi, if it's done write and not forced.

Hopefully, MX might have a sympathetic background.

With what he's done and how he shows no remorse about it I don't think any back story could really make you sympathize with him. He treats everyone and everything as pawns in his master plan. Also we already know quite a bit of his back story, most of it's in his reports in BBS.

wii.red24

I think it should be a bit of a twist, maybe the next antagonist will be somebody that nobody would have thought of, Poo Bear Anyone?
th_winnie-the-pooh-evil.jpg

Smithee

Awards
As great as Xigbar and Saix are I can't see them carry an saga, also it's probably better to start the next saga with a somewhat clean slate when it comes to the villain. I can see this two as minor recurring villains, but nothing major or even of the scale they are right now.

The thing with Tobi was, we didn't know anything about him, unlike Isa and Braig. His origin and his motive weren't really known.

Isn't the whole point of Tobi's character to show what could have happened to Naruto, if he went down a different/the wrong path. In this regard Tobi is a dark reflection of Naruto and is suppose to be relatable to both us the readers and Naruto, seeing they're both driven by their emotions.The dark reflection is in my opinion a good archtype for a villain.
In a way even Xehanort is a dark reflection of both Sora and Riku, just unlike Tobi he's not meant to be sympathetic but dislikable and heartless.

When the next saga comes around I wouldn't mind seeing a villain in a similar fashion to Tobi, if it's done write and not forced.

With what he's done and how he shows no remorse about it I don't think any back story could really make you sympathize with him. He treats everyone and everything as pawns in his master plan. Also we already know quite a bit of his back story, most of it's in his reports in BBS.

To sum up my personal opinion, the next threat will likely be a Light-based version of Team Plasma, and KH3 itself may end up exploring a He Who Fights Monsters-type of risk involving the 7 Lights.

Silent hero_

Awards
To sum up my personal opinion, the next threat will likely be a Light-based version of Team Plasma, and KH3 itself may end up exploring a He Who Fights Monsters-type of risk involving the 7 Lights.

Before I thought Sora would be a good candidate for a "He Who Fights Monsters", but after having played KH:DDD I'm quite convinced that it will almost be impossible to corrupt such a happy/positive boy like Sora.

Totally off-topic, but the site "tv-tropes" is giving me the worst headaches. Everytime someone posts a trope from that site I click on it and get stuck for hours. It's quite interesting but I don't see the point with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back