• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Antagonist in the new saga

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

reimeille

I think we all know about Xehanort's reign as main antagonist ends with Kingdom Hearts 3. There is already a thread to how we think Xehanort's fate turns out to be, but there isn't one (I don't think) about who you think his successor will be.

Do you think it will be an already introduced character, or someone new? Where do you think that 'someone new' would come from? Or, whatever you think will happen.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Antagonist in the new saga.

I'm thinking, since Nomura pre-plans everything for Kingdom Hearts, he's already got it figured out and he will place a certain foreshadowing in KH3.

Might be anything from a fallen hero to some sort of a creature made out of pure darkness from the Dark Realm, or whatever...

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Im kind of interested in a villain who is affiliated with the light, instead of the darkness. That would be an interesting change having the light be the main weapon of the antagonist

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

It can go either way, the villain be a preestablished or someone entirely new. Although the next saga should virtually cut as many ties from Xehanort as possible because as of KH3 the chapter will be closed, I kinda wanna see one of the 'Norts be the next antagonist like Vanitas or Braig or possibly even Isa/Saix. Not being under Xehanort's thumb anymore (assuming they don't get destroyed by the end of KH3) I want to see how they'll go about things afterwards.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I'm really hoping that the next antagonist has no tie or very little to Xehanort. I mean, I wouldn't mind it being a light-villains as opposed to a dark-villain, but I thin Xehanort and all his vessels have had a lot of games to work out their plan lol, I think after KH3 they should just let him go :) I would love to see a pre-existing hero become the next villain because I don't know how Sora would feel about that. I also really want the next antagonist to be a female as I think great female villains are lacking in video games nowadays :(

Alpha Sonix

While there should be a villain to fight in the next saga, I'm actually kind of don't want an overall antagonist. For this saga, Xehanort has pretty much been pulling the strings and everything's happened because of him. I can't see another antagonist matching his cunning and meticulous planning. And someone who could do that, would pretty much be a copy of him anyway.

If they do have a second Keyblade War or some other special event I would like to see that as the big problem the heroes have to face rather than an actual person who is responsible for it happening. Maybe there could be some sort of disagreement over how things are settled between the antagonists and protagonists and that leads to an escalation of things but I'd rather they not be the main focus. Of course they'll still have the necessary character development.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards

I hope it's a new villain. As cool as Vanitas or Isa would be, I'd like the next saga to start on a more simple note, and not require one to know every single plot detail from the Xehanort Saga (explaining exactly what Vanitas is takes a good while and requires an explanation of a lot of Xehanort's plans, which will no longer be very relevant). And the way I see it, Isa's character arc is too tied to Lea and the Organization for him to really push out on his own. Same with Braig, though I do love Braig...

I'd like some fresh blood in the series. I wouldn't mind the new villain being some ultimate baddie from the past or some super powerful manipulative force so long as the new villain doesn't try to rob Xehanort of his importance. I don't want them saying Xehanort was being manipulated the whole time by someone else. That trick has been done too many times. First Ansem, then Apprentice Xehanort, then Master Xehanort. I'd be fine if the new villain had some involvement in Xehanort's rise to power so long as they leave the credit for Xehanort's ridiculous plans with Xehanort.

I'm really hoping something cataclysmic happens at the end of KH3, like the worlds being united, or KH being brought to the realm of light, that will allow for some creative villains.

PhantomSoD

While there should be a villain to fight in the next saga, I'm actually kind of don't want an overall antagonist. For this saga, Xehanort has pretty much been pulling the strings and everything's happened because of him. I can't see another antagonist matching his cunning and meticulous planning. And someone who could do that, would pretty much be a copy of him anyway.

If they do have a second Keyblade War or some other special event I would like to see that as the big problem the heroes have to face rather than an actual person who is responsible for it happening. Maybe there could be some sort of disagreement over how things are settled between the antagonists and protagonists and that leads to an escalation of things but I'd rather they not be the main focus. Of course they'll still have the necessary character development.

I like this idea the best about how to approach the next saga. I mean, if xeanhort is successful in bringing forth kingdom hearts(which he prob. Will be) then an event that big would be likely to plunge the worlds into chaos and have the main cast struggle to keep the balance after it was ripped asunder by Xeanhorts ambition. The worlds in RoL could be alerted to the existence of keyblades and other worlds ect. Thus giving rise to many more keybladers(both light and dark) competing for power just as they did in the first war.

Smithee

Awards
A Light-based vigilante-type of sorts; someone who will use things such as Xehanort's actions as justification for why all Darkness must be erased or somehow converted into more Light (an Ironic Echo of what Riku told Ansem SOD in DDD) or something. He/she will even openly denounce Balance, seeing it as nothing but both a free pass for Darkness to cause more harm and an inhibitor to Light; bonus points if he/she actually used to believe in Balance at one time, only for Xehanort's chaos to screw that faith.

Unlike Xehanort, who is TV-Troped as a Complete Monster, this new guy/lady will most likely fit the Anti-Villain Trope, being far more sympathetic in both means and ends (bonus points if he/she will treat his/her followers with Sora-level respect, furthering the moral grayness); effectively the Thrawn to Xehanort's Palpatine.

In the end, Xehanort will only have given fuel to the very "tyranny of Light" he wanted to prevent.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Marluxia and Larxene to make a come-back. Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaassseeee

State

Awards
Braig ravishing worlds with a Keyblade, anyone? But honestly, he'd make a nice small-time villain.

I just want an antagonist who doesn't have as many side games, but still a few. They were numerous in this saga, and I'd like them to get to the point, but it's a little much. I suppose though, if they introduce a new character that interests me and they go all 358/2 with a new game for just that character, I wouldn't mind.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Braig ravishing worlds with a Keyblade, anyone? But honestly, he'd make a nice small-time villain.
Mabey if he had a mjor power boost. He is to weak to be a major villain by himself

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I just want an antagonist who doesn't have as many side games, but still a few. They were numerous in this saga, and I'd like them to get to the point, but it's a little much. I suppose though, if they introduce a new character that interests me and they go all 358/2 with a new game for just that character, I wouldn't mind.

I honestly can't see Xigbar as a minor boss. I always see him in the same role as Pete is to Maleficent.

Yessir_23

Awards
I'll echo what some other people have said and hope the next villain has absolutely nothing to do with Xehanort. For God's sake let it die (literally!). It'd be interesting to see a villain with less of a 'destroy the world' M.O, maybe he/she would have a particular interest in one of the protagonists. Someone's father/son perhaps?

Other than that, if were going to have another super big bad villain... I'm very confident he will be brown.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Please dont put maleficient or pete in the same league as xigbar. Maleficient has been a joke since kh2. I would be shocked if fans still even consider her a threat

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^that was because of Pete. just remove him from the equation and she can be a big threat again, just so long as they quickly reestablish that.

The more I think about an enemy made from and controlling light, the more complex the main villain could be. He could start off as a good person since he wants to destroy the darkness and the heartless, but as more worlds are saved, the main villain would be revealed and the lightbringers (as i would like to call them) are introduced, because he was about to kill Riku who still uses the Darkness (Let's say it still focuses on Sora and the others). When the others intervene he decides to take over the Disney Castle since the light is the reason the heartless can't get through. They get it back later, but the final world would look like heaven, and the final boss would become a god like entity. Which makes a great contrast to the first game where everything looks like an Apocalypse. Also the main villain would be a little merciful as he could spare one's life in exchange to be assimilated to the light.

In a way, he's like Frollo from the Hunchback of Notre Dame, but with more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back