• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Antagonist in the new saga

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Alongside the new original main villian, we need a new main disney villian. Maleficient hasnt been threatening since kh1. A shadow of her former self She needs to be replaced and quick.

Awards
Make the new antagonist an extremist with a Utopian idealism. Give him the qualities of a normal human being, and gradually allow him to achieve powers granted to him by the people he manipulated and controlled. He should be able to rip an entire world apart upon command, but at the same time strike a friendly conversation with an oblivious civilian. By appearance, he should be harmless. By personality, deceitful and malignant. Unlike Disney villains, this antagonist isn't old, miserable, and power hungry. He doesn't seek power, he has it.

Oh, and he doesn't need to be a dude.

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^Or dump pete and get back to business, like a star trying to make a comeback after dumping their jerk manager.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Make the new antagonist an extremist with a Utopian idealism. Give him the qualities of a normal human being, and gradually allow him to achieve powers granted to him by the people he manipulated and controlled. He should be able to rip an entire world apart upon command, but at the same time strike a friendly conversation with an oblivious civilian. By appearance, he should be harmless. By personality, deceitful and malignant. Unlike Disney villains, this antagonist isn't old, miserable, and power hungry. He doesn't seek power, he has it.

This, I like.

While the idea of a light based villain is intriguing maybe we don't need one who is strictly "elemental" based, just someone with power who's willing to make a change.

Smithee

Awards

This reminds me of Xanatos.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
This, I like.

While the idea of a light based villain is intriguing maybe we don't need one who is strictly "elemental" based, just someone with power who's willing to make a change.

yeah it is a good point. like a political/social activist with an ideal who gets corrupted by power even to the point of becoming a hypocrite and an extremist but not fully abandoning his position. like magneto in x-men.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
So the idea of a reboot is out of the question? :p I'd prefer it if we actually got a new storyline after KH3. I LOVE the series and the characters but the story can only take so much. We got time travel in the latest instalment, what's next? I'd prefer a storyline in which everything is thought out before-hand, with no extra storylines/villains and mumbo-jumbo introduced every other game or two.

I'd even like to see something simpler, like the original KH, not some huge saga etc which would focus on quality and not on quantity.

I like the female-super-villain idea. We haven't had any of those.

Smithee

Awards
So the idea of a reboot is out of the question? :p I'd prefer it if we actually got a new storyline after KH3. I LOVE the series and the characters but the story can only take so much. We got time travel in the latest instalment, what's next? I'd prefer a storyline in which everything is thought out before-hand, with no extra storylines/villains and mumbo-jumbo introduced every other game or two.

I'd even like to see something simpler, like the original KH, not some huge saga etc which would focus on quality and not on quantity.

Make her an anti-villain, someone who just wants to create a universe without things like Xehanort, the Heartless, etc.; but despite being very sympathetic (far more than Xehanort especially), her actions would still be bad for the Balance, forcing Sora & Co. to stop her.

A She-Thrawn, if you will....

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Someone's father/son perhaps?

Enter Jecht and just make Tidus the main character instead of Sora lol xP

Make her an anti-villain, someone who just wants to create a universe without things like Xehanort, the Heartless, etc.; but despite being very sympathetic (far more than Xehanort especially), her actions would still be bad for the Balance, forcing Sora & Co. to stop her.

A She-Thrawn, if you will....

I think with the right development, if Aqua turned out to be the next antagonist after fighting the darkness for so long in the RoD, that would be really cool. However, I would never be able to beat her just because she's too awesome :)

Yessir_23

Awards

I very much agree with what you said, but it's probably not very financially viable. I mean SE have made a ton of games since KH2, many of them supposedly important for the plot and not to be missed...

reimeille

Hallelu-yer, I've always had the hopes for a prominent female villain (that isn't a Disney character). Also someone who isn't so cheesy as far as the whole "DARRRKKNESSSS" thing goes.

I don't really want there to be a main villain though, for some reason I don't like the idea of the goal of the story being to go after one person in particular. That being said, I don't really know what I'd like for the goal of the story to be, I just don't like that one idea.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I'd like the series to expand on Heartless with minds. Not like XH/ASoD, but like Heartless Sora. Or, antagonists pertaining to "nonexistence" or "negativity," like Vanitas.

Honestly, I'm beginning to understand the benefits behind continuing the series past KH3. Doesn't change my opinion that it's being milked, though.

Smithee

Awards
I think with the right development, if Aqua turned out to be the next antagonist after fighting the darkness for so long in the RoD, that would be really cool.

However, I would never be able to beat her just because she's too awesome :)

People have told me such would be OOC/derailment for her, but that only rings true for the Aqua of BBS; given what little we've recently seen of her in various secret endings, her KH3-and-beyond self is too vague to call at this point. I do know, however, that Nomura would definitely ruin her if he were to ever make her Xehanort-evil; she'd be better suited for more along the lines of The Boss from MGS3 and/or Godot from PW:AA:T&T (both were just tragic anti-heroes who nevertheless managed to retain their original morals despite their dark turns).

And I have to wonder: what was up with her little cameo alongside YMX at the end of DDD? And why was she smiling somewhat eerily? You foreshadowing something, Nomura?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
And I have to wonder: what was up with her little cameo alongside YMX at the end of DDD? And why was she smiling somewhat eerily? You foreshadowing something, Nomura?

Do you mean when Sora was remembering their meeting from BbS? I don't think there was any foreshadowing there, that was just him remembering her. If anything, Nomura will drop hints about who the next antagonist will be in KH3, I'd hate for him to already be hinting what's past KH3 when all I really want right now is KH3 lol xP

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Do you mean when Sora was remembering their meeting from BbS? I don't think there was any foreshadowing there, that was just him remembering her. If anything, Nomura will drop hints about who the next antagonist will be in KH3, I'd hate for him to already be hinting what's past KH3 when all I really want right now is KH3 lol xP

I guess he's more on the scenes from the secret ending, but there's nothing actually hinted at all as Young MX and Aqua are just shown after each other pertaining to a different statement in the secret ending itself. Young MX for "the darkness awakens" and Aqua for "the light in the darkness".
He's so desperate to turn Aqua into an antagonist that there's grasping at every little straw.
There has been nothing hinted towards that at all and Aqua is not the type to go ax crazy anyways.

When Sora remembered his meeting with Aqua (which was really the case), he almost managed to break out of the nightmare Xigbar and Young MX had trapped him in, but then Ansem SoD, not Young MX, appears and pushes Sora out back into a second sleep (which Xigbar comments on just minutes later).

EDIT:

Also, for the next main antagonist, I could really imagine Nomura actually trolling us and not revealing the new threat right away but only hinting at it. Maybe he'll even pull another trick like in KH 1 but this time instead of being used by the new antagonist, the Disney villains are the genuine next threat to world peace with the new antagonist (or even antagonist faction, if it isn't a single person) only arriving half-way during the first game of the next saga. This way the experience and conclusion of the Xehanort saga would not be diluted with useless clutter but focuse solely on the main objective of defeating Xehanort and then give the characters finally some reprieve after all that mess during the saga.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Hey sephiroth 0812, what are your thoughts on the main villain of the new saga. What do you want out of the villain

Smithee

Awards
@Sephiroth0812 - Don't blame me; I wasn't even going to bring it up. I just responded to kupo1121 bringing it up of his own accord.

He has a point, though, in that with sufficient development, Aqua could become a well-written "Hero Antagonist". Also, Memory Master did mention that the backstory for Aqua to "pull an Eraqus" has already been set; any potential trigger depends on KH3's development.

But if this subject annoys you that much, then I won't talk about it anymore, okay? No point in giving each other headaches over something that hasn't even happened yet, is there?

Last edited:

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
there won't be a new saga, and if there is, have fun waiting another 7+ years for KH IV when most of us will be damn-near 30 years old.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
there won't be a new saga, and if there is, have fun waiting another 7+ years for KH IV when most of us will be damn-near 30 years old.
Luckily I look 17 and will probably be able to get away with buying KH games in my 30s with little shame!

Since Nomura seems eager to focus solely on KH after Versus is finished, I wouldn't expect the next sagato take very long.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Sephiroth0812 - Don't blame me; I wasn't even going to bring it up. I just responded to kupo1121 bringing it up of his own accord.

He has a point, though, in that with sufficient development, Aqua could become a well-written "Hero Antagonist". Also, Memory Master did mention that the backstory for Aqua to "pull an Eraqus" has already been set; any potential trigger depends on KH3's development.

But if this subject annoys you that much, then I won't talk about it anymore, okay? No point in giving each other headaches over something that hasn't even happened yet, is there?

It wasn't even intended as blame, more like an ironic jab with a blinking eye since it sticks out heavily that 90 % of your posts are either about light-based villains or turning Aqua into one.
"Pull an Eraqus" isn't even a term since Eraqus also isn't a villain or even an "Anti-Villain". He did ONE thing wrong due to heavy desperation on his side, for that he can be called out on (and Terra did exactly that, quite heavily even) but that's all that there is about.
The closest we have in KH to a true "Anti-villain" is Ansem the Wise in his "DiZ"-persona during Days and KH 2, as he was clearly an asshole and a jerkass at that time who treated Roxas and Naminé like crap and intended to use Sora and Riku for his own petty revenge.

I remember we had quite the big debate about the topic of "Aqua turning villainous" already in another thread with more than just us two involved, so I won't start that again either.
---

BtW, you mentioned Grand Admiral Thrawn earlier. I don't know if you ever actually read the Thrawn Trilogy (I did several times, it's one of the best works the Expanded Universe of Star Wars has to offer), but Thrawn is not a tragic, or even any other form of "Anti-Villain".
Thrawn is a fully-fledged villain with all ruthlessness, genocide and other things involved. What differentiates him from "Complete Monsters" like the Emperor (or Xehanort, for that example) is that he's a pragmatic, affably and lawful villain combined with a tactical genius who also realizes that ruling by fear alone is bullshit and doesn't have an oversized ego.
He rewards creativity and also takes hints and advice from his subordinates from time to time, as well as trying not to make senseless sacrifices, yet he also doesn't hesitate to wipe out complete planets or to use treachery to get what he wants.
Thrawn is one of my favorite characters in the SW universe from the bad side and he's certainly more respectable than any of the Sith or other evil force users (or scum like Tarkin), but casting him only as a well-intentioned extremist is more flanderisation and does not pay him justice.

Since Nomura seems eager to focus solely on KH after Versus is finished, I wouldn't expect the next sagato take very long.

Right, I remember Nomura stating that, besides some future character designs, Versus would be his last major involvement in the Final Fantasy franchise since he wants to fully concentrate on KH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back