• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Yeah, I think it would be interesting; though it has to be executed in the right way. This meaning, there has to be a solid story that would attract lurkers to actually post, and then get a good amount of people to join, and so on and so forth.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Yeah, if the story's interesting, I'll probably join.

Also I think it's weird that I'm watching Avatar right now on Nicktoons. <-<;

Awards
I'd be up for it, As long as it's executed right. And s long as people are active. >_>

Grace Falls

Everyone seems to focus on the execution of this idea. If everyone would, what ideas can you contribute or like to see in the RP?

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
Bring this into the modern age. Also, a group bent on taking over the world comprised of exiled and rebel benders from all nations could genetically engineer an anti-avatar who would basically have all the same abilities of the avater, save for the fact that he/she's evil. Now, the current avatar, must assemble a group of benders that he/she deems capable of stopping this threat. Also, what ideas do you have? After all, you're the one that would be managing the rp.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Im in, and I think we should keep it during Aangs time, I dont mean Aangs in it or he is the Avatar but it should be in his old time frame so theres no technology or anything. Basically its like the shows time without those characters.

Grace Falls

I was thinking of having the Avatar line end within this RP so then nobody would be stronger than the rest. Another idea I had would be that bending would be mutated so that instead of having merely one or a few aspects of bending of a certain element, one can expand such forces to comprise many others of that element. Examples being, earth benders can fully utilize metal-bending, mud bending, and plant bending while water benders on the other hand can harvest water molecules within the air to create storm clouds to manipulate the weather. Each bender can fully expand their abilities as if they were in the avatar state, however only with their element.

For the actual story line, I have not come up with a definite plot honestly. I'm trying to avoid an all out war story... since those are just so cliche.

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
Well, the only way to end the avatar line would be to kill the Avatar while in the Avatar state since every Avatar that has existed would be present in the physical world when the current Avatar is in that state. However, this would mean that there was a character powerful enough to kill the Avatar, which means that an extremely powerful character would exist, which is what you're trying to prevent in the first place. Although an easy solution to that would be that you control the Avatar.

However, it is possible that there could be an enemy who is trying to kill the young (infant/toddler?) Avatar and a group of benders (The Order of the White Lotus) have been given the task of protecting him/her.

Also, the Avatars that didn't die abruptly in the show lived on for hundreds of years, even non-avatar characters lived past 100 and were still kickin (Bumi, Sozin). There was already steam-powered technology in the show. Would it not be logical for that technology to have advanced during the hundreds of years that Aang lived? It would have ended up pretty damn close to modern.

Awards
I like Lionhearts' idea... Although even if the avatar dies as an infant that wouldn't end the line. Unless the baby was somehow in the avatar state? 0_0

How about a steam punk era?

FinalSora04

Awards
I haven't been on in a while but this thread caught my eye.

Perhaps modern-day avatar where we have to earn out powers :D

^ i love this idea btw. It gives us more to post at the beginning rather than us just saying..''it was a dark morning and there was a fight and people died n stuff" and it also gives us an opportunity to better explain how we obtained our abilities

but if we dont use this idea i'm still in

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
Yes, but those who did bend on the show gained their powers through training. Perhaps during the time that passed, the four nations united into one, and as a result of the nation mixing from those people from the different nations, the non bending citizens forgot what element they align with. That way the characters can then figure out what element they are, but even so, the characters that recently gained their abilities, would still need to be trained by someone to become proficient in their bending. This of course would mean that the new benders wouldn't be using very advanced moves. Of course we can always include how we discovered our abilities in our biography. If you don't want your descriptions of how you found your abilities to sound cliche, simply don't write it as such.

FinalSora04

Awards
Yes, but those who did bend on the show gained their powers through training. Perhaps during the time that passed, the four nations united into one, and as a result of the nation mixing from those people from the different nations, the non bending citizens forgot what element they align with. That way the characters can then figure out what element they are, but even so, the characters that recently gained their abilities, would still need to be trained by someone to become proficient in their bending. This of course would mean that the new benders wouldn't be using very advanced moves. Of course we can always include how we discovered our abilities in our biography. If you don't want your descriptions of how you found your abilities to sound cliche, simply don't write it as such.

i say this guy makes the rp XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back