• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Awakening

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Everyone saw Xion differently. To people who didn't have any connection to Sora like Luxord, Demyx, and Saix they only saw Xion as a hooded organization member.

To Xemnas and Xigbar they saw her as Ven.

To Axel and Roxas they saw Xion as Sora's strongest memory, which is Kairi, thus why Xion looks like Kairi to Axel and Roxas.

It had nothing to do with Kairi's heart being in Sora.

I remember in a Nomura interview where he said that Xemnas saw Xion as black-haired Kairi as well...let me look for it.

Edit:

The figure Roxas sees is the same as what the player sees, but for example, when Xigbar and Saix see her, her figure is different. At first some people thought it was unnatural she would be wearing a hood and then not in the same scene, but I think you come to understand it as you advance through the game. People connected with a certain person see Xion as ‘Xion’. In the case of Xemnas, since he is connected to various people, he basically sees ‘Xion’, however sometimes he sees ‘him’. Who ‘he’ is, I want you to confirm it on your own. Xigbar also sees ‘him’.

Source

I think Xion's appearance depends on the person's memories of her and their memories of anyone that would match up with Xion. For instance, Xemnas'/Xehanort's memories of Kairi as a lab rat would make him see Kairi, since he also thought of Xion as a lab rat.

Because of that and for other reasons, Axel seeing Xion as Kairi is debatable.

Last edited:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I remember in a Nomura interview where he said that Xemnas saw Xion as black-haired Kairi as well...let me look for it.

Edit:

Source

I think Xion's appearance depends on the person's memories of her and their memories of anyone that would match up with Xion. For instance, Xemnas'/Xehanort's memories of Kairi as a lab rat would make him see Kairi, since he also thought of Xion as a lab rat.

Because of that and for other reasons, Axel seeing Xion as Kairi is debatable.

BUT, you just proved my point. Look at your source. Nomura says that sometimes Xemnas sees Xion as "him" and "Him" is Ven. Therefore I was right, sometimes Xemnas does see Xion as Ven.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Er, I think I was a little vague in my other post. When I meant "people," I meant some people. That being said, I think we can both agree that Xemnas saw both "Xion" and Ven.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Er, I think I was a little vague in my other post. When I meant "people," I meant some people. That being said, I think we can both agree that Xemnas saw both "Xion" and Ven.

And that's what I meant to begin with. I never said Xemnas ONLY saw her as Ven. I was just using the fact that Xemnas and Xigbar did see her as Ven even if it was sometimes, so that I could further prove the point that everyone saw Xion differently.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Which brings me back to my original point, why do people see Xion as black-haired Kairi? Why not regular Kairi? I think her separating from Sora is the reason for that, although that would be assuming that Kairi merged her heart with him, rather than just being dormant within him.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Which brings me back to my original point, why do people see Xion as black-haired Kairi? Why not regular Kairi? I think her separating from Sora is the reason for that, although that would be assuming that Kairi merged her heart with him, rather than just being dormant within him.

Well I don't think the color of her hair really matters, I think it was probably as simple as they wanted to give her something to seperate her from Kairi in terms of looks.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
You ask me, the awakening is when your being chosen by the keyblade.....that's why Riku didnt have one (that we know of), because Terra chose him, and the same goes for Kairi, Aqua (accidentally) performed the ceremony on her.

Since Sora didnt have the ceremony performed on him...that's why he had an awakening, to prove that his own heart was worthy.
Roxas, he kinda forgot how to wield it in the beginning of KH2.
Ven (at the end of BBS), was because he and Vanitas were fighting in the heart.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
You ask me, the awakening is when your being chosen by the keyblade.....that's why Riku didnt have one (that we know of), because Terra chose him, and the same goes for Kairi, Aqua (accidentally) performed the ceremony on her.

Since Sora didnt have the ceremony performed on him...that's why he had an awakening, to prove that his own heart was worthy.
Roxas, he kinda forgot how to wield it in the beginning of KH2.
Ven (at the end of BBS), was because he and Vanitas were fighting in the heart.

You're talking about a process, the playing through the awakening. That's just something that Roxas and Sora have done at the awakening, but BBS made it clear that the awakening = the heart, which is why Ven's awakening at the begining of BBS was missing a piece, that piece was Vanitas and if the awakening was missing the piece which is Vanitas then it proves the awakening was Ven's heart. Therefore everyone who has a heart must have an awakening because they are one in the same.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
You're talking about a process, the playing through the awakening. That's just something that Roxas and Sora have done at the awakening, but BBS made it clear that the awakening = the heart, which is why Ven's awakening at the begining of BBS was missing a piece, that piece was Vanitas and if the awakening was missing the piece which is Vanitas then it proves the awakening was Ven's heart. Therefore everyone who has a heart must have an awakening because they are one in the same.

ik....i voiced my opinion...YAY for me.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Not that anyone here would buy it, but Ven and Sora having some unordinary bond leads me to believe a sorce of Vanitas was in C.O. Ven's body, and that would be the sample of Sora that was put into Xion's body. (not that any of you would buy)

You know, BBS and Days are supposed to have a firm connection. Maybe that's part of it. I think you're on to something.

Allister Rose

French Lover
when asked about if xion was related to BBS, nomura said, that he will unlikely bring her back, it was weird, but i guess he hinted that xion wasn't really related to BBS.

looking back i dont really see the connection

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
does every keyblade weilder get an awakening?

Nayru's Love

Awards
I don't think Xion can be connected to BBS since her creation wasn't directly related to any of BBS' events, but she may be able to help us understand Vanitas more.
Well I don't think the color of her hair really matters, I think it was probably as simple as they wanted to give her something to seperate her from Kairi in terms of looks.
The difference is too significant to brush off that easily, especially for Kingdom Hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back