• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep Consensus.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rating~

• Shit

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Unimpressive

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Mediocre

• So-so

• Alright

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Good

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Impressive

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Great

Votes: 36 19.9%
  • Amazing

Votes: 66 36.5%
  • Best thing ever

Votes: 37 20.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
This topic is about KH1 VS BBS. YOU turned it into a KH1 VS KH2 argument but we're trying to get back on topic :/

Not even actually, you did by coming in here with your:

"THIS THIS THIS THANK YOU KH1 IS SO OVERRATED"

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Um I'm confused. I am talking about KH1, are you talking about BBS?
I'm saying that KH1 is no better than BbS in terms of Disney world-relevance (this discussion did originate as a KH1 vs BbS argument). In fact, it might be a tad worse. KH1's Disney worlds were not all that important. Take out the extremely brief scenes involving the kidnapping of the princesses of heart, and you've got like five total minutes of Sora-Riku interaction. That's it. There is literally no more importance to the worlds. And Riku was only in Monstro, Neverland, and I think someone said Deep Jungle (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't remember that scene).

Silverslide

I'm saying that KH1 is no better than BbS in terms of Disney world-relevance (this discussion did originate as a KH1 vs BbS argument). In fact, it might be a tad worse. KH1's Disney worlds were not all that important. Take out the extremely brief scenes involving the kidnapping of the princesses of heart, and you've got like five total minutes of Sora-Riku interaction. That's it. There is literally no more importance to the worlds. And Riku was only in Monstro, Neverland, and I think someone said Deep Jungle (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't remember that scene).

I never said it was o.o At least I don't think it is, but I agree with you to an extent

I'm sorry, I didn't realise that I called this thread "KH1 Consensus".

My bad. I'm done anyway, he isn't even making sense anymore.

αsiя

space coke
BbS was a "Great" game for me. The story didn't trouble me since I know that after Days I shouldn't worry about the KH story whether it will be shitty or good. But the gameplay is what stole the game. It was great and I liked playing as 3 different characters. I realized that there are flaws but they didn't stop me from enjoying the game.

Also I'm easily pleased.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I'm sorry, I didn't realise that I called this thread "KH1 Consensus".
We're just drawing comparisons between BbS and other KH games, especially the widely agreed upon best-KH-ever, KH1. While this doesn't have any direct effect on BbS, it does demonstrate how the series is progressing and allows us to more accurately decide what we think about BbS.

Last edited:

The game is alright. The GAME. I really am happy to have seen the Japanese cutscenes, as the English voices were just HORRIBLE. Aqua sounded like a dude trying to be a chick, and I'm not even kidding. Coupled with the lack of KH2 moments (I don't give a flying rat's ass about you guys, KH2 was amazing), and just terrible dialogue, Aqua managed to destroy the Kingdom Hearts series as we know it. I'd say the game gets a 6/10 from me, because of pause time, load times, boring script, horrible execution on the VAs parts, and choppy gameplay. Why couldn't Nomura be smart and make BBS for the PS2? I know it is outdated and all, but I'm sure that BBS would run smoother, look better, and play a hell of a lot better than it does on the PSP.

Besides that, BBS is alright. I regard Days as two steps up, however.

Silverslide

The game is alright. The GAME. I really am happy to have seen the Japanese cutscenes, as the English voices were just HORRIBLE. Aqua sounded like a dude trying to be a chick, and I'm not even kidding. Coupled with the lack of KH2 moments (I don't give a flying rat's ass about you guys, KH2 was amazing), and just terrible dialogue, Aqua managed to destroy the Kingdom Hearts series as we know it. I'd say the game gets a 6/10 from me, because of pause time, load times, boring script, horrible execution on the VAs parts, and choppy gameplay. Why couldn't Nomura be smart and make BBS for the PS2? I know it is outdated and all, but I'm sure that BBS would run smoother, look better, and play a hell of a lot better than it does on the PSP.

Sorry but if one voice actor destroys a series for you then you aren't much of a fan. The PS2 is pretty much discontinued now, so him doing that would make him lose alot of money :/

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Sorry but if one voice actor destroys a series for you then you aren't much of a fan. The PS2 is pretty much discontinued now, so him doing that would make him lose alot of money :/

Agreed. One performance doens't desire a game. And the PS2 is, what, about 10 years old now? That'd be like if Nintendo decided to continue making games for the Gamecube or the Nintendo 64.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Oh, making comparisons is perfectly fine, but screaming and shouting at each other over a relatively mediocre video game series is just a bit pathetic, really.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Anyway, my point still stands:

Hello, I'm Birth by Sleep and I'll make you go around countless worlds - empty worlds, mind you - and look for your friends. When you find them in Ye Olde Radiante Garden, you'll confront them and then like the pussy you are, you'll let them swan off and get themselves even deeper into Shit Creek. You will then spend the remainder of my empty contents randomly hopping from world to world before - on an off-chance - an old man decides to kill you.

The end.

Z

Zulkir

This, so much.

That the Disney plots should be better integrated is a completely valid complaint, but don't dare site KH1 as the way things should be done. This problem, if you want to call it that, is something that plagues the series as a whole and not just a few individual titles (the same goes for many other complaints, eg empty worlds). Don't kid yourself.

I guess that illusion is forged because the "Organization" at the time was comprised of Disney Villains working together. KH1 definitely felt like the Disney worlds mattered more than KH2, but I guess when you look at the worlds themselves, they weren't miles more important than the other games.

But, by your own standards, praising KH1 as being leaps and bounds ahead of BbS (or most of the titles, for that matter) is nothing more than putting it on a pedestal.
Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

See---->Vanilla World of Warcraft.

Hello, I'm Birth by Sleep and I'll make you go around countless worlds - empty worlds, mind you - and look for your friends. When you find them in Ye Olde Radiante Garden, you'll confront them and then like the pussy you are, you'll let them swan off and get themselves even deeper into Shit Creek. You will then spend the remainder of my empty contents randomly hopping from world to world before - on an off-chance - an old man decides to kill you.

The end.

The hell? Did you even play the game? I agree that the worlds are rather empty but the bolded parts are just about as meaningful as "FF13 sucks cause it linear guyz".

That's not a "Point that still stands", that's a rant.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

The end.

That's the entire Kingdom Hearts franchise in a nutshell so you're not saying much :/

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
BBS' worlds didn't feel that much more empty than all the worlds in KH. There's only so much you can do with a Disney movie anyway. I'm pretty sure Dwarf Woodlands used every character that was in Snow White, so, how does one expect to make the worlds fuller then? Unless I'm misunderstanding what someone means when they say "empty" of course.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
BBS' worlds didn't feel that much more empty than all the worlds in KH. There's only so much you can do with a Disney movie anyway. I'm pretty sure Dwarf Woodlands used every character that was in Snow White, so, how does one expect to make the worlds fuller then? Unless I'm misunderstanding what someone means when they say "empty" of course.

I'd also like to point out that worlds were ALWAYS empty in the Kingdom Hearts franchise. Look at the audience chamber in KH1. That's the most large and emptiest rooms in the entire Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I think that's where some people want more FF cameos. However I think the cameos make the world even more unfocused and, for lack of a better word, filler-like, so that's sort of a double-edged sword.

In terms of "full" worlds, I think the most obvious example is Traverse Town, but I'm not sure that sort of "fullness" can be achieved in a Disney world with ten characters.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I think that's where some people want more FF cameos. However I think the cameos make the world even more unfocused and, for lack of a better word, filler-like, so that's sort of a double-edged sword.

In terms of "full" worlds, I think the most obvious example is Traverse Town, but I'm not sure that sort of "fullness" can be achieved in a Disney world with ten characters.

I think they're talking about Radiant Garden not having Squall and the gang... but this was already explained by Nomura saying that it would've made the game filled with too much stuff to focus on.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I think they're talking about Radiant Garden not having Squall and the gang... but this was already explained by Nomura saying that it would've made the game filled with too much stuff to focus on.
From what I can tell, most "empty-world" criticisms stem from Disney worlds like Castle of Dreams and Olympus Coliseum, where there are odd scenes with no crowd and empty buildings. Never in any of the worlds do you just find NPC's just hanging out. And while this does detract from the experience some, I think that Nomura was wise not to go the KH2 route and add too many cameos and relatively pointless characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back