• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep Consensus.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rating~

• Shit

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Unimpressive

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Mediocre

• So-so

• Alright

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Good

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Impressive

Votes: 19 10.5%
  • Great

Votes: 36 19.9%
  • Amazing

Votes: 66 36.5%
  • Best thing ever

Votes: 37 20.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
That was it. And *shocker* his motivation in KH2 is to find Riku. What a shock!

Not even, it was "is riku here? no? oh I can help you do some random shit then

skyfoxx said:
lol, you NEVER EVER gave me any combacks that were good. All you ever really said was "This is BS! KH1 is PERFECT and you should be crucified for thinking otherwise!"

lol stop acting like you don't remember me and chorno both posting fucking essays countering your posts and then you leaving the thread

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Not even, it was "is riku here? no? oh I can help you do some random shit then

Again. Going back to KH1...

Sora: Is Riku or Kairi there? No? Oh, I can help you do some random crap then.

lol stop acting like you don't remember me and chorno both posting fcuking essays countering your posts and then you leaving the thread

Chrono's a troll who practically hates the entire KH franchise in general so I just blocked him/her. As for you... you never wrote any "essays" or anything and again, you're reasonings were pathetic and still are pathetic today.

Allister Rose

French Lover
skyfoxx you lean on the dumbest stuff....kh1 is still better than all kh's. despite lacking gummi ship entertainment like kh2, it was still fun.

kh2 is all glitter, but kh1 is solid gold

Silverslide

Again. Going back to KH1...

Sora: Is Riku or Kairi there? No? Oh, I can help you do some random crap then.

Except he actually finds Riku eventually, unlike KH2 where you fcuking find him in the last world.

you said:
As for you... you never wrote any "essays" or anything and again, you're reasonings were pathetic and still are pathetic today.

At least he made good points, instead of attempting to sprinkle shit with glitter like you are with KH2.

I love how you are telling me what I never did lol

Pathetic? Lol now you're getting kind of funny.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
skyfoxx you lean on the dumbest stuff...

I think a bunch of users in this forum would love to say the same exact thing to you, Allister :/

And I brought up good points. The camera was indeed crappy in KH1 and the platforming was very glitchy. The worlds don't have as much to do with the plot as you guys believe it to have. I've explained my reasons... but you decide to let the nostalgia get the better of you and claim my reasons to be false.

This is why I bloody hate purists... they think that "just because there's something different from the first game" they suddenly claim it to be terrible -_-

Except Riku actually finds Sora

FIXED.

Pathetic? Lol now you're getting kind of funny.

It's only funny because it's true :/

Silverslide

The difference it makes is none.

Sora looks for Riku, Riku finds him, we actually fucking see their relationship break down. Instead of fucking KH2's beating around the bush with some "I dont want you to see me" BS

Allister Rose

French Lover
anyways, let's end this argument. this is about BBS not kh1 or kh2. even thought he answer is obvious, it's best not to argue with those.

again, usually it's kh2 first-time kh players that love kh2 over kh1

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Sora looks for Riku, Riku finds him, we actually fcuking see their relationship break down. Instead of fcuking KH2's beating around the bush with some "I dont want you to see me" BS

Sora: *bursting into tears* I looked for you... I looked everywhere for you!

Sounds like their relationship is breaking down in KH2 as well :/
And the "I didn't want to be found" makes sense. He looks like bloody Xehanort for crying out loud!

And you haven't explained in anyway how that made KH1 better... at all.

again, usually it's kh2 first-time kh players that love kh2 over kh1

And I'm not one of those. KH1 was the first PS2 game I ever bought as well as the 5th game I had in my childhood. I just learn to push nostalgia aside... unlike you two :/

Allister Rose said:
anyways, let's end this argument. this is about BBS not kh1 or kh2. even thought he answer is obvious, it's best not to argue with those.

You're right. Onto BBS then... um... BBS is epic.

Silverslide

Sora: *bursting into tears* I looked for you... I looked everywhere for you!

Sounds like their relationship is breaking down in KH2 as well :/
And the "I didn't want to be found" makes sense. He looks like bloody Xehanort for crying out loud!

And you haven't explained in anyway how that made KH1 better... at all.

Lol how is their relationship breaking down? That is actually tears of HAPPINESS if you can't comprehend that. Their relationship in KH1 was BREAKING DOWN due to Riku's use of darkness and accusation that Sora forgot his real friends. IT IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS THEY FOUGHT for crying out loud. KH2 Sora looks for him, gets sidetracked, goes through some canon shit, rinse and repeat. Exactly as tedious as it sounds.

Because that isn't what I am explaining, you sure you can keep up? I am counterarguing that the worlds in KH1 did have plot relevance instead of being brainless filler like KH2's worlds were. In fact YOU haven't proven how KH2's worlds are as relevant as KH1's are.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Lol how is their relationship breaking down? That is actually tears of HAPPINESS if you can't comprehend that. Their relationship in KH1 was BREAKING DOWN due to Riku's use of darkness and accusation that Sora forgot his real friends. IT IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS THEY FOUGHT for crying out loud. KH2 Sora looks for him, gets sidetracked, goes through some canon shit, rinse and repeat. Exactly as tedious as it sounds.

Because that isn't what I am explaining, you sure you can keep up? I am counterarguing that the worlds in KH1 did have plot relevance instead of being brainless filler like KH2's worlds were. In fact YOU haven't proven how KH2's worlds are as relevant as KH1's are.

I thought you meant "breaking down" as in "going through tears" since it technically has both definitions. :/

Anyway, I don't see why you consider KH2 with Riku to have been bad at all. You claim it's because "he gets side tracked" a lot which can still be the same with KH1 about Kairi.

And what were you proving about worlds being "important to the story"? I'm talking about DISNEY WORLDS. Riku met Sora in Traverse Town.

But you know what, I'm done because we don't need this thread to be closed.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Why are we discussing KH2? I thought this was a BbS vs. KH1 argument. Pretty much every game in the series (other than Days) involves the following scene:
*hero arrives in world*
Hero: Is Riku/Kairi/Xehanort here? No? Then I'll help you solve your irrelevant other problems.

Seriously, they all do this. Anyone who doesn't think this happens needs to replay the games. In KH1 Sora is looking for Riku and Kairi, yet stops in every world to help the bystanders solve their little crisis and seal keyholes... In KH2 Sora travels around looking for Riku, yet stops in every world to help bystanders solve their little crisis and open pathways to new worlds while searching for the Organization... In BbS TAV travel around looking for Xehanort and each other, yet stop in every world to help bystanders solve their little crisis and stop the Unversed (while looking for PoH's in Terra's case). It's all the same. Stop arguing which is better.

As for KH1 vs. BbS, I call it a draw. If people are still insisting that KH1 has more involved worlds, I can do a world-by world dissection of both it and BbS. But I'd rather not. I'm kinda lazy. And other than that, both games do a lot of different things right and a lot of different things wrong (plus a few shared problems). BbS has empty worlds and short playtime, KH1 has crappy controls and a worse battle/leveling system, and both have terrible cameras. Both also have decent VA work and interesting stories, but they also include many, many cheesy scenes and copious amounts of badly delivered dialogue.

I think which is better is more based on opinion than fact. The question is which do you consider more important, high difficulty and lots of NPC's, or better battle systems and a unique leveling system? There is no real right or wrong if you ask me.

Allister Rose

French Lover
And I'm not one of those. KH1 was the first PS2 game I ever bought as well as the 5th game I had in my childhood. I just learn to push nostalgia aside... unlike you two :/
but that was the point in the first game. and not all games follow it but in other kh games they're being mere cameos. i love BBS, but it didn't have the same balance of KH original and disney like it did in the first one and COM.

there are more things that make kh1 best, and it's not the game's function. if that were true, .hack would be the most hated game out there for it's tedious gameplay, but the story is what counts. you miss everything except for the story. features isn't what makes a game, sure they are plus, but for an RPG, the story is usually what makes half the story.

sora went to all worlds to lock the hearts and find his friends, and it's not like he ended up empty handed in all of them, he saw visions of kairi and met riku a few times in the story. unlike kh2, sora didn't lock any door, he only opened routes to other worlds.

and nostalgia or not, what lacked in all kh games minus kh1 is the ocnnection between kh and disney. that's why i dont merit BBS over kh1. because kh1 had the best connection with sora to disney. the rest were merely sora helping them and leaves. although the only time i did feel a true connection in kh2 was beast's castle, but other than that, not really. in khBBS there were a few more, such as deep space and a little more on olympus colliseum

R

Rooster Cogburn

And what were you proving about worlds being "important to the story"? I'm talking about DISNEY WORLDS. Riku met Sora in Traverse Town.

I suggest you go play through Neverland, Monstro, and Deep Jungle again.

Silverslide

Monstro, and Neverland say hi. Infact those two, besides hollow bastion, are the worlds where their relationship develops the most. Really, what game were you playing?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I suggest you go play through Neverland and Deep Jungle again.

Neverland is the only acception since it shows both Riku and Kairi there. As for Deep Jungle... what? Deep Jungle didn't have Riku at all. Deep Jungle just had Sora imagining Kairi for about 3 seconds and then nothing more.

@TheLight:
Other than Riku "appearing" what did he really serve? Nothing. Plus Monstro is technically optional since you can skip that world and go to the others once you've arrived (there's even alternate scenes in Monstro if you choose to visit there after going to Hollow Bastion)
In fact, the alternate scenes prove to me that Monstro didn't add much at all except for a Riku cameo. Remove the Riku cameo and it has nothing to do with the plot.

Why are we discussing KH2? I thought this was a BbS vs. KH1 argument.

I think it was because TheLight mentioned the arguments about KH1 VS KH2 and then I was re-explaining my reasons as to why KH1 is over-rated and using KH2 since that's the argument TheLight was talking about and then it just kept going on and on.

(by the way, Allister, thanks for continuing the arguments that you said we should've stopped >_>)

Silverslide

@TheLight:
Other than Riku "appearing" what did he really serve? Nothing. Plus Monstro is technically optional since you can skip that world and go to the others once you've arrived (there's even alternate scenes in Monstro if you choose to visit there after going to Hollow Bastion)
In fact, the alternate scenes prove to me that Monstro didn't add much at all except for a Riku cameo. Remove the Riku cameo and it has nothing to do with the plot.

You're SLACKING. It wasn't "just a riku cameo" Sora saw Riku with his own eyes become someone he didn't know. Kidnapping kids n shit, talking about him abandoning his friends. The Riku "cameo" is one of the most important ones in the game.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Monstro, and Neverland say hi. Infact those two, besides hollow bastion, are the worlds where their relationship develops the most. Really, what game were you playing?
If that is your definition of worlds being "important to the story", then I think you need to look over BbS again.

Pretty much every world teaches the hero something new about life, and while Terra's relationship with his friends is never directly referenced (it's more his relationship with his own darkness), Aqua and Ven are constantly talking about and affecting each other and being affected by Terra. For example, Terra learns in Enchanted Dominion that his darkness is not totally under his control, Ven is tempted by the thoughts of his friend turning bad, but defends his friend, and then Aqua tries to learn exactly what happened with Terra. While they aren't always directly interacting, their relationship is changing as a result of each person's actions. This actually happens very frequently throughout the game, in just about every world.

Just like Sora and Riku's relationship developed in the total five minutes they were together in the game in Disney worlds.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
You're SLACKING. It wasn't "just a riku cameo" Sora saw Riku with his own eyes become someone he didn't know. Kidnapping kids n shit, talking about him abandoning his friends. The Riku "cameo" is one of the most important ones in the game.

Sora already SAW Riku with his own eyes in Traverse Town. What point are you trying to make? And why don't you try re-playing the game without doing Monstro? You'll notice that the relationship between Sora and Riku doesn't make any more or less sense with or without Monstro.

If that is your definition of worlds being "important to the story", then I think you need to look over BbS again.

Pretty much every world teaches the hero something new about life, and while Terra's relationship with his friends is never directly referenced (it's more his relationship with his own darkness), Aqua and Ven are constantly talking about and affecting each other and being affected by Terra. For example, Terra learns in Enchanted Dominion that his darkness is not totally under his control, Ven is tempted by the thoughts of his friend turning bad, but defends his friend, and then Aqua tries to learn exactly what happened with Terra. While they aren't always directly interacting, their relationship is changing as a result of each person's actions. This actually happens very frequently throughout the game, in just about every world.

Just like Sora and Riku's relationship developed in the total five minutes they were together in the game in Disney worlds.

This is very true. And thank you for going back to the topic on BBS.

Silverslide

Um I'm confused. I am talking about KH1, are you talking about BBS?

Sora already SAW Riku with his own eyes in Traverse Town. What point are you trying to make? And why don't you try re-playing the game without doing Monstro? You'll notice that the relationship between Sora and Riku doesn't make any more or less sense with or without Monstro.

You aren't reading my post correctly.

He saw Riku become evil and be himself in Monstro, which is what I said. Why would I not play Monstro? It is a canon event in the game therefore it exists. Unless you are going to say that "IT WASNT CANON HURRRR"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back