• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Children and adults gunned down in Connecticut school massacre

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key

Exile
Awards
I can't understand what kind of monster you'd have to be to do something so horrible to such innocent human beings.

What the hell did a kindergardener ever do to you?! What REASON would you have to murder thirty innocent people, much less children?!

I don't know what the world is coming to, but this story's left me in tears.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
I can't understand what kind of monster you'd have to be to do something so horrible to such innocent human beings.

What the hell did a kindergardener ever do to you?! What REASON would you have to murder thirty innocent people, much less children?!

I don't know what the world is coming to, but this story's left me in tears.

I'm with you on this one.
and me being normally tough as nails 6'2 black dude got choked up / emotional over this...

Key

Exile
Awards
I'm with you on this one.
and me being normally tough as nails 6'2 black dude got choked up / emotional over this...

There's no shame in getting emotional, this is an absolute tragedy and you have every right to do so.

I just wish the idiots in the media would stop trying to sensationalize this by asking these kids questions like "What was it like watching your friends get gunned down?"

30 PEOPLE JUST DIED AND THESE KIDS ARE ALREADY TRAUMATIZED FOR LIFE, WHY ARE YOU MAKING THIS WORSE

PhantomSoD

was just talking about this issue on G+ a few minutes ago. All I have left to say is this dude is a monster and deserves nothing better than an eternity in hell. Heart goes out to all involved, kids and the parents who got that unthinkable phone call this morning.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
was just talking about this issue on G+ a few minutes ago. All I have left to say is this dude is a monster and deserves nothing better than an eternity in hell. Heart goes out to all involved, kids and the parents who got that unthinkable phone call this morning.

lol i was too =D
But yea i already turn it off of the TV and about to head to the Gym to ball or something...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I woke up to this news and I'm utterly disgusted by the man who did this. And then the coward killed himself.

All of those children. And their parents. I can't imagine the pain those parents are feeling over losing their children. They were so young.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
The thought of the parents of these kids having already bought Christmas presents for them makes me really sad. It's always some cowards wearing body armor with guns vs the defenseless. Disgusting.

Also, just throwing in my couple o' cents. Gun laws don't stop insane people with the intent to kill. They stop normal people with the intent to defend their homes.

Also Fox News jumps onto the video game blame game.

Fox News Expert Links Connecticut Shooting To Violent Video Games

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
This is probably the most revolting incident I've ever had to witness/experience.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
The thought of the parents of these kids having already bought Christmas presents for them makes me really sad. It's always some cowards wearing body armor with guns vs the defenseless. Disgusting.

Also, just throwing in my couple o' cents. Gun laws don't stop insane people with the intent to kill. They stop normal people with the intent to defend their homes.

Also Fox News jumps onto the video game blame game.

Fox News Expert Links Connecticut Shooting To Violent Video Games

Fox news are is nothing but right winged jackasses. Of course blame video games. I blame gun laws way before i blame video games / other media. It is easier to obtain a gun than it is to obtain a drivers license in most states...

[qutoe]Were you there?[/quote]
I also agree with Silverslide

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
He literally says: and uh I guess you could add gaming as well. Computer games.

He sounds like a guy that knows what he's talking about.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

I think the discussion is still warranted. Whichever way you slice it, it's apparent that something needs to be done about how easy it is to buy guns, legally or illegally. After a personal experience about a month back, I can attest to just how simple it is.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Yeah, it could be a bit more enforced than it is now, but that only slows people like this down. This shit would still happen regardless of how hard it is to get suited up.

Summonerbrandon

... *Sigh* And the news did not even bother trying to figure out why the gunsman was on a killing spree in the first place. Now the schools will need to strengthen security in the schools.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
... *Sigh* And the news did not even bother trying to figure out why the gunsman was on a killing spree in the first place. Now the schools will need to strengthen security in the schools.

I dont think it matters... Nothing that they find will justify what he did...

D

Deleted member 36435

killing sprees of this caliber aren't caused by people owning guns. these are highly premeditated and guns are not the cause of this, if someone wants to kill a dozen people, there are a lot of ways to do, a lot of which are probably easier than using a gun. such as mixing chlorine and bleach inside a building and locking to door or a molotov. both of these are much more horrendous.

before anyone says "screen for mental illness and boom problem solved" that isn't quite simple and it is already done to some extent. most states already have laws prohibiting firearms to be in the possession of the mentally unstable, especially those that post a danger to others. however, most mental illness diagnosis cannot just be "herpderp tested for" and be done with it. most diagnosis for mental illness require long term persistence of the majority of the diagnostic requirements. some mental disorders such as psychopathic personality disorders are not even official diagnosis and there is no concrete guideline for meeting the criteria.

restricting access to guns would not do much but affect black market prices, if people really want to commit murder sprees they will. the fact that these aren't commonplace in society today is a testament to how much of a non-issue this is regarding guns and society. it is an issue with certain individuals and unfortunately there is not much that can be done until we have a deeper understanding of mental disorders and mental processes behind these individuals and are able to catch them early, diagnosis and treat them before any harm is done.

i'm sick and tired of people taking these tragedies and turning them into anti-gun propaganda bullshit. whether you like it or not, people have a constitutional right to have firearms, if this is infringed upon then what is stopping the rest of your rights to be infringed upon? what will you do when soldiers suddenly start living in your house? or you're forced to live by a religion you don't practice? or you certain words are banned and you get your tongue cut out for using them?

Summonerbrandon

But this is utterly ridiculous. "The man was possessed", "Him and his mother got into it", whatever the case may be, this is another tragedy that we do not even have to go and suffer from right now. Let's see, Dark Knight Rises tragedy, Sandy hurricane, on the verge of going over the Fiscal Cliff because Congress don't even know how to use teamwork right about now, too much is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back