• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Children and adults gunned down in Connecticut school massacre

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Anyone else find it kind of diddlyed up that they interviewed the kids?

Came to this thread just to bitch about this. These kids basically have to live with the fact that a ton of their friends got shot and are dead at an extremely young age, going through something I really hope nobody would ever have to. YEAH. LET'S ASK THEM QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. RIGHT. AFTER. IT HAPPENED.

Like, holy fuck, I don't think I can even type how much that enrages me. Almost as much as the fact this happened, really.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
My heart breaks and my eye weeps for these kids and parents. May the souls that have past be in God's loving arms. As for the killer enjoy hell you earned your ticket you kupoing jackass.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
i'm sick and tired of people taking these tragedies and turning them into anti-gun propaganda bullshit. whether you like it or not, people have a constitutional right to have firearms, if this is infringed upon then what is stopping the rest of your rights to be infringed upon? what will you do when soldiers suddenly start living in your house? or you're forced to live by a religion you don't practice? or you certain words are banned and you get your tongue cut out for using them?

what about those kids' right to live? why is your right to defend yourself from some bullshit hypothetical worth more than the lives of the victims of these senseless tragedies?

there's a problem here. the problems involves both mental health and gun control. and it needs to be fucking fixed.

the fact that you even went into these bullshit hypotheticals where "soldiers suddenly start living in your house" is absolutely ridiculous. look the UK. look at Australia. my access to guns is incredibly limited. my quality of life is not significantly less than yours because of this. no soldiers have ever squatted in my house, i'm not forced to practice any religion and my tongue remains intact.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
3acU1.gif

^ This is all that really needs to be said ^

Trag

Bronze Member
take off the tinfoil hat, vic, lol

"you go out and buy an assault rifle, tell me how easy it is"

really. fucking. easy. you're from the internet, what the fuck do you know about how readily available guns are lol? they are on the streets and easier to find than most drugs. god dammit you sound ignorant

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Ryan = Brother (who police took into custody for questioning)
Adam = psychotic child killer who is burning in hell...

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
the whole media situation is confusing. yesterday on the news i heard that his brother was found dead in New Jersey (i kid you not). this whole thing is just a bundle of miscommunications on the media's part.

either way, my heart aches for the families involved. i have a sister in kindergarten and i don't know what i would do without her. it's just sad

D

Deleted member 36435

what about those kids' right to live? why is your right to defend yourself from some bullshit hypothetical worth more than the lives of the victims of these senseless tragedies?

there's a problem here. the problems involves both mental health and gun control. and it needs to be diddlying fixed.

the fact that you even went into these bullshit hypotheticals where "soldiers suddenly start living in your house" is absolutely ridiculous. look the UK. look at Australia. my access to guns is incredibly limited. my quality of life is not significantly less than yours because of this. no soldiers have ever squatted in my house, i'm not forced to practice any religion and my tongue remains intact.
Yeah, it is a tragedy but there is not statistical evidence that these tragedies won't occur when you start restricting access to weaponry incredibly heavily. i'm not saying the current system is perfect, but i'm not in favor of starting to tread on constitutional rights when there isn't a solid evidence that this will work. education on mental illness, gun safety, etc should be the first steps taken beforehand.

really. diddlying. easy. you're from the internet, what the diddly do you know about how readily available guns are lol? they are on the streets and easier to find than most drugs. god dammit you sound ignorant
oh, i'm sorry, tom the thug over here is going to act like he is some real hardened man at age 19. guns are available, legally and illegally, making them harder to obtain legally will just make them easier to obtain illegally, like currently illegal drugs. or maybe it won't, who knows, there isn't strong evidence to suggest either with conflicting case studies, as i mentioned. i know in new jersey personally assault rifles are illegal and all firearms require a lengthy process to buy/get a license for. and supposedly that is where the guns this person obtained were from, his parents in NJ, unless the news has updated that since I last checked.

[edit] anyways, i'm not derailing the thread further, neither of us are going to chance each others' minds

Last edited by a moderator:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
making them harder to obtain legally will just make them easier to obtain illegally, like currently illegal drugs.

Um, it works the other way. The harder they are to obtain legally, the harder it becomes to obtain them illegally. It's more dangerous to get a hold of them when they're not legal, so they cost more on the black market. Weed is a lot less of a risk to sell than cocaine, so cocaine is more expensive. More risk = Higher price.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Um, it works the other way. The harder they are to obtain legally, the harder it becomes to obtain them illegally. It's more dangerous to get a hold of them when they're not legal, so they cost more on the black market. Weed is a lot less of a risk to sell than cocaine, so cocaine is more expensive. More risk = Higher price.

Thank you for that I was hoping someone might say that.

Just came from PSU.com them people over there love their guns there are a few sane people, but the rest of them come at you with some of the most crap the moment you say anything about gun control.

D

Deleted member 36435

Also, more of a market meaning more people selling them. Sure, it wouldn't be as easy as it is now, but I imagine illegal weaponry would not only be more common but also harder to trace the original source of it if needed.

[edit] Of course this is merely conjecture as I haven't studied the illegal weapon market but going off the basics of economics I know, it makes sense.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Also, more of a market meaning more people selling them. Sure, it wouldn't be as easy as it is now, but I imagine illegal weaponry would not only be more common but also harder to trace the original source of it if needed.

[edit] Of course this is merely conjecture as I haven't studied the illegal weapon market but going off the basics of economics I know, it makes sense.

I don't understand the first part of your statement.

And I don't see crack/cocaine as commonly as I see weed. Trust me if the FBI or anyone up there wants that info they'll get it.

D

Deleted member 36435

I don't understand the first part of your statement.

And I don't see crack/cocaine as commonly as I see weed. Trust me if the FBI or anyone up there wants that info they'll get it.
More demand = more suppliers, I'd imagine, as for the statistics of drug use and availability, if someone wants it they'll get it, of course I don't have the exact numbers for pricing and such.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

The number of people that want guns would be the same. But the number of people that can afford guns would drop. How does this at all make a bigger market?

Shinjuku

Entrapment
More demand = more suppliers, I'd imagine, as for the statistics of drug use and availability, if someone wants it they'll get it, of course I don't have the exact numbers for pricing and such.

While that does work in certain scenarios it's kind of like Lupa911 said. I'm certain if Guns(certain types) became a high risk item you won't get many suppliers yeah there will be some, but some would be scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back