• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Confusion.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger39

Website
www.myspace.com
We've all seen "Fate Of The Unknown", right?

Ok, in that, Master Xehanort is depicted to be a ruthless, sinister force who's pretty much unstoppable.

Now, lets flash forward to TGS. On the poster outside the building, he still looks quite evil. (And as a side note, is Nomura trying to attempt a little foreshadowing by having him look up at Sora?) Now, lets take a look at this scan.

screen%2003.jpg

Evil, but I've seen worse.

Now, this one.

screen%2008.jpg

Now, I don't know if this is what the intent of the scene is. In fact, no one but Nomura-San does, but I digress. Does it look like he's pleading here?

Doesn't seem too evil to me in that shot, unless he's playing the typical bad-guy "please don't kill me, I'll change my ways" trickery card. Still it makes me wonder.

When this contains the only gameplay shot of a evil looking Master Xehanort, it makes me wonder if he truly is evil.

So what do you guys think? Was he first good, and later during the game, converted to evil? Or is he pure evil with a sly trickster side to him? Your thoughts, please.

Avenger39

Website
www.myspace.com
Heh, good one.

Knowing Squeenix's track record, this whole thing has been something to throw us all off completely. Oh well. Its fun to discuss.

Gah... Now I gotta get the images of an emo MX outta my head...

UrbanQuattrus

Now, I don't know if this is what the intent of the scene is. In fact, no one but Nomura-San does, but I digress. Does it look like he's pleading here?

Doesn't seem too evil to me in that shot, unless he's playing the typical bad-guy "please don't kill me, I'll change my ways" trickery card. Still it makes me wonder.

Whether evil or not, he's still probably the unquestioned bad guy in the story. (Unquestioned by the protagonists, I mean; you or I can question it if we want, of course.) I don't think one shot of him looking surprised means much. He could just be angry at something in that shot.

On a side note, since you're speaking english, do you really feel the need to use Japanese honorifics? It's like in that Harrison Ford movie where he was the captain of a Russian submarine, but the dialogue was portrayed in english... and they still used crappy Russian accents. "san" isn't a part of his name.

Avenger39

Website
www.myspace.com
On a side note, since you're speaking english, do you really feel the need to use Japanese honorifics? It's like in that Harrison Ford movie where he was the captain of a Russian submarine, but the dialogue was portrayed in english... and they still used crappy Russian accents. "san" isn't a part of his name.

Nah. I was just having fun with that. I hardly ever add that to someone's name unless I'm just joking around or being sarcastic.

Anyways, back on topic. I think the Master will end up being one of the more fascinating villains in gaming history. I mean, the mystique around him, after "Fate Of The Unknown", and now with these interesting scans, it makes me want to learn more about him.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Evil can have the appearance of light to entice one over. I think he is not pleading for his life in the second shot but more likely something along the lines of he had a history with the person he is speaking too and he wants that person to come back. but not doign it in a menacing way, only asking with a movement that he believed would be interepereted as desperation. He is actually probably a very good manipulator

Seftrex

I don't know about what everyone else thinks but to me it looks like he has been shot. Or is in some sort of pain, trying to get his feelings across. Even evil people can get hurt by magic too ya know lol

Avenger39

Website
www.myspace.com
I want to go with the "sly manipulator" theory. Even though he is extremely skilled with a keyblade and with his magic, I think he's more of a "mind games" villain. He'll get you off your game, and then, thats when he strikes. Look back to "Fate Of The Unknown", and even "Sunset Horizons", for that matter. The warriors were visibly concerned when they saw him approached. Ventus being aggressively shoved back by Terra showed that there was already an intense amount of animosity between he and MX. Thats when he attacked. He was under Terra's skin, and caught him off guard with the lightning and the earth spells. Then, he plays off of Ventus' emotions and, as he was attacking out of rage, boom. He becomes a lifesized Roxasicle.

Hope that all made sense.

In a nutshell, I'm absolutely convinced that the Master is a mind gamer. I can't wait to see how he comes across in this game.

Y

Yannis

What is he saying in this anyway?

I want to go with the "sly manipulator" theory. Even though he is extremely skilled with a keyblade and with his magic, I think he's more of a "mind games" villain. He'll get you off your game, and then, thats when he strikes. Look back to "Fate Of The Unknown", and even "Sunset Horizons", for that matter. The warriors were visibly concerned when they saw him approached. Ventus being aggressively shoved back by Terra showed that there was already an intense amount of animosity between he and MX. Thats when he attacked. He was under Terra's skin, and caught him off guard with the lightning and the earth spells. Then, he plays off of Ventus' emotions and, as he was attacking out of rage, boom. He becomes a lifesized Roxasicle.

Hope that all made sense.

In a nutshell, I'm absolutely convinced that the Master is a mind gamer. I can't wait to see how he comes across in this game.
I think that MX could easily be total darkness and vicious evil..

Last edited:

UrbanQuattrus

I think you all are reading too much into these pictures. All I see is that maybe he just got punched in the stomach. Don't all these villains always clutch their abdomens and get exasperated facial expressions after they've lost a battle, anyway?

Rix

:)
Awards
I also had a my little theory some time ago that MX wasn't really the evil one.. But then I said to myself: " So then Terra, Aqua and Ven might be the vil ones? Naah, don't think so"

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
Just from facial epxressions he looks like he will be dramatic, maybe display signs of multiple personalities. Stereotypically, evil characters exhibit multiple personalities and psychotic attitudes.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
He's probably acting, pulling a "Xemnas" on us. Sarcasm, or something like that.

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
He's probably acting, pulling a "Xemnas" on us. Sarcasm, or something like that.

Mmhm. Thats what I was thinking. When I first saw this picture I was thinking he was attempting some kind of taunting thing. Also, on a side note, the face he's making while clutching his stomach seems to resemble the face Xemnas makes when he's saying "Unfortunately, I don't." to Sora. Remember? I dunno where to find a decent screen but yeah. ^.^;

[[ Yay 100th post! =P]]

Charlie K

Back in Business
Yea. either he's being sarcastic or the DS is the true enemey...Meh, I wouldn't know.

Charlie K

Back in Business
Isn't there part of Kingdom Hearts in the corner in the BBS portion of the Poster?...I dunno. Also Roxas should have Oblivion and Othkeeper in that poster. XD Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back