• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did anyone dislike Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sure he could have, but that isn't the point. The point is that it was Xion who awakened that, no one else. Which indirectly connects her.

Ya. I love how people keep saying "they could've done it otherwise, hence it's pointless".
They could've kept Riku as the Keyblade Wielder. Now lesse you people telling me Sora being the wielder is pointless :\ I mean hey, Riku ended up with a Keyblade either way, right? 8D

A

Audo

Ventus could have just been a connection-less lookalike.
Therefore, he's pointless.

Awards
You're just going back to two different levels of "pointless."

Roxas could have dual wielded by an infinite amount of possibilities, and it wouldn't have made a difference on the overarching series. Because Days is filler. The specifics don't matter, only the results. And we know this because KH2 was conceptualized and made before Days, which is unnecessary to play in order to understand the storyline.

You can play KH1, CoM, and KH2 in order to get the gist of the series (because, you know, that's what we did). Days is optional.
This is very different than, say, Ventus in BbS, which is connected to all of the games in the series and its future. You alter Ven's scenario, you alter the course of the series.

I'm still not sure why you guys are arguing for her importance in the series when it has nothing to do with her likability.
Whether or not you like her, Xion's relevance rests with Days.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You alter Ven's scenario, you alter the course of the series.

You need only get him to the same end point. The scenario he follows is, as you say, redundant - much like HOW Roxas ended up Duel Wielding is redundant so long as he did.
And much like how we've played the series up until now, BBS is unnecessary as well - especially Ven, since the only one that seems to truly tie in is Terra through choosing Riku for the KK. And what got him to do that is redundant as well, so long as he'll end up doing it.
Anything and everything they throw at us now is redundant for the series as we know it - so seriously, I think it's silly people go out with such exclamations. When the series is over, lesse if BBS and Days are truly unnecessary.

A

Audo

Because Days is filler. The specifics don't matter, only the results. And we know this because KH2 was conceptualized and made before Days
Right, and KH1, CoM, Days and KH2 were all conceptualized before BBS. So, then, the specifics of BBS wouldn't matter then would they, seeing as how the results are still the same regardless of knowing of the events that occurred in BBS.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Right, and KH1, CoM, Days and KH2 were all conceptualized before BBS. So, then, the specifics of BBS wouldn't matter then would they, seeing as how the results are still the same regardless of knowing of the events that occurred in BBS.

It actually depends....considering kh2FM hinted something that still involved days and the next game will involve all 3 games, and days and coded relate to BBS.

it's not safe to asssume that the result will be the same, especially when we dont know what the result is. COM is different, seeing as how it was a direct sequel to kh1,

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
it's not safe to asssume that the result will be the same

You do realize that by saying this you're actually saying that depends on how BBS goes, they'll need to change the story line of the series as we know it, right?
Regardless of what happens in BBS, the series as we know it will not change. We might get explanations to stuff like why Roxas and Namine look like they do, and where Riku got the Keyblade from, but that's it - explanations. It won't change what happened already in the series.

especially when we dont know what the result is.

The result = KH1.

Awards
You need only get him to the same end point. The scenario he follows is, as you say, redundant - much like HOW Roxas ended up Duel Wielding is redundant so long as he did.
And much like how we've played the series up until now, BBS is unnecessary as well - especially Ven, since the only one that seems to truly tie in is Terra through choosing Riku for the KK. And what got him to do that is redundant as well, so long as he'll end up doing it.
Anything and everything they throw at us now is redundant for the series as we know it - so seriously, I think it's silly people go out with such exclamations. When the series is over, lesse if BBS and Days are truly unnecessary.

No, the difference lies in its relevance to the future of the series.
If BbS is connected to games which haven't even come out yet, the course of the game affects the course of said future game(s), regardless of the fact that it occurred in the past. It's not just trying to squeeze into place like Days, whose events have been isolated (through the convenience of forgetting) in order to fit nicely into the canon.

The events of Days culminated into what we have already seen and what we already know, namely KH2. Not the case for BbS.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
(through the convenience of forgetting)

Sora remembered Namine. So forgetting means squat.

The events of Days culminated into what we have already seen and what we already know, namely KH2. Not the case for BbS.

And once the series is over you can say that if it came true. Saying that now is ridiculous.

Grace assassin basically said what i meant

Grace Assassin didn't say BBS will change KH1 as we know it.

Awards
It didn't really feel like they just pushed days in there. They actually managed to make it interesting without it being a complete fan service. I think BBS will be more like COM in that it ties to the future games, except in a different way of course.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Grace Assassin didn't say BBS will change KH1 as we know it.

Neigther Did i. I say we cant assume what will happen in the end of BBS if we dont know what the result is, sure most of the result is kh10khcoded, but how do we know that is all that happened?

A

Audo

If BbS is connected to games which haven't even come out yet, the course of the game affects the course of said future game(s)
Thing is, Days and Coded are also said to connect to future games that haven't even come out yet.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I honestly sometimes wonder how you can even function.

lol, let's end it here then.

i personally like Xion, and consider her being one of my favorites, but not my most favorite.

I still believe some things could have changed, like maybe sora wielded oath-keeper and Xion wielded Oblivion or something.

it would have made the riku-XIon encounter much more ironic

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
I liked Xion, all except for how huge her eyes were, it made her look weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back