• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did anyone dislike Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
That's kind of stupid. So, her actions as a character have zero importance just so long as she has a nice voice?

Compared to the other female characters she already has a better part in the story imo.... so if she gets a stupid voice that seems to underaged and innocent it would kinda ruin her part. ( her appearance makes her look older than ven )

Esso

Fire Breaker
I'd give Xion a 8/10 for being much better than Kairi, for fighting better than Kairi, for being able to try to fight back against Riku even if she didn't have a chance, but -2 for having traits similar to Kairi

αsiя

space coke
What's wrong with constantly winning? I don't get that. Neither did she constantly win.

Unless you're talking about whining, that's a different matter. You'll be whining too if you're put in a spot like Xion.

yea i meant whining
sorry for my horrible english

Roxas didnt whine that much
mostly in every time your with Xion she is always sad (besides the missions)
the only time I really liked her is when she told Axel "yes axel we got your hokey speech memorized" (i think thats how it is) she's an alright character

You sure you're not thinking of Roxas?

IMO Roxas seems to be just clueless
I know Xion was clueless at first but she still whined after she found out who she was

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
*subtle spoilers, ye be warned*

Man, I feel like a real loner here. Was I the only one who completely detested Xion? I found her super annoying. Mostly because Roxas moaned about how sad he was when she wasn't around. Which was all the time. And he gave her his keyblade and I had to fight the Heartless with a stick.

My favourite moment though when she woke up from sleeping for 20 days and then forced herself on me to come on a mission, and the FAINTED right before the boss battle. So Axel took care of her and I ran around screaming profanities because I had a) none of the right magic to fight the heartless and b) my partner was babysitting an unconcious girl. My dad thought I was crazy because I was screaming at my DS, "JUST THROW HER INTO A F!@$%^$!CORNER OR SOMETHING AND COME HELP ME!"

Anyways, that's me, ranting. Which I apologize for if I offended anyone. But, I had to get that off my chest.

Did anyone else feel the way I did about her? And if not, why did you like her?

:)
i did find Xion irritating at one point, but through the rest of the game she was pretty likable, she quite hard to detest

fantasy08

I like Xion,but it's more out of desperation than anything else. I've been dying for a female protagonist to have some semblance of character development, and not exist solely to be a damsel in distress/ love interest waiting for some guy to save her etc. I'll take the character with strong development that can save her own ass then the Kairi and Namine's of the series. However, I'll take Aqua over any of them. Larxene to, but she's an antagonist.

Anyway, I do see why you and others don't like her. She's a marysue and pointless in the overall Kh mythos.

Plays devils' advocate.

Marysue-

14 member of organization 13.
Wields a key-blade.
Looks exactly like Kairi.
Instant bff with Axel and Roxas
Sympathy sue- was made from beginning , middle, and end for people to feel sorry for her.
It was her game featuring Roxas not the other way around.
Bottom-line-She's pretty much a walking fan-fiction.

Answered questions that were already answered in Kh2.

Why can Roxas duel-wield? Who seriously cared about this? Of all the unanswered plotholes in the series they go with this one that wasn't really one to begin with. Riku explained it just fine. Roxas could wield the key-blade because he's Sora 's nobody. Who cares about the number wielded. Key-blade is key-blade.

Xigbar knew other wielders?
Confirmed by Xigbar himself in Kh2.

Replicas Exist?- Got that in Com.

Pointless-
Did we really need yet another clone of Sora? Roxas had that covered, and if we needed a female version well technically Namine fit the bill for that as well.

Again I like Xion,but I do see where the people who don't are coming from.

Last edited:

ZEROSGEASS

Website
www.infernal.co.nz
*subtle spoilers, ye be warned*

My favourite moment though when she woke up from sleeping for 20 days and then forced herself on me to come on a mission, and the FAINTED right before the boss battle. So Axel took care of her and I ran around screaming profanities because I had a) none of the right magic to fight the heartless and b) my partner was babysitting an unconcious girl. My dad thought I was crazy because I was screaming at my DS, "JUST THROW HER INTO A F!@$%^$!CORNER OR SOMETHING AND COME HELP ME!"

Anyways, that's me, ranting. Which I apologize for if I offended anyone. But, I had to get that off my chest.

Did anyone else feel the way I did about her? And if not, why did you like her?

:)

man i was pissed to lol............

Awards
He's unnecessary even if the events are relevant.

You're comparing their necessity on two different levels.

If I wanted to be petty, I could say that on a larger scale, no game outside of KH1 was necessary. And on an even larger scale, none of the games are necessary period. But that's no what we're talking about.

In terms of the canon storyline, however it is fleshed out, Days and Xion are filler. Unnecessary, whether you like them or not. You don't have to dislike Xion to know that she was not needed.

As Nomura said, "I think although many people want Xion to come back once more, I’m afraid to say that it’s difficult."
Which hints that she doesn't have a place in BbS and, subsequently, the future of the series.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
You're comparing their necessity on two different levels.

If I wanted to be petty, I could say that on a larger scale, no game outside of KH1 was necessary. And on an even larger scale, none of the games are necessary period. But that's no what we're talking about.

In terms of the canon storyline, however it is fleshed out, Days and Xion are filler. Unnecessary, whether you like them or not. You don't have to dislike Xion to know that she was not needed.

As Nomura said, "I think although many people want Xion to come back once more, I’m afraid to say that it’s difficult."
Which hints that she doesn't have a place in BbS and, subsequently, the future of the series.

That's basically my whole thought on the matter in these simple sentences. Added to the fact that I didn't really cared for her, to the point where it's not even worth hating or liking her. She's just there. The ending scene was touching, like it was created to be, but nothing to bawl to over. Death isn't going to make Xion pity herself into my favorite characters list.

I've appreciated Larxene even more once the Kairi Clones have become about four already (okay, Nomura, we understand, but seriously, it's out of control now...especially with Soras piling up too), including the original. I was really sad that Aqua had the ocean-themed name, and the face resemblance. But her personality is, so far, awaaaaaaaaaaays from the typical Kairis. It's not the same rehashed characteristics (Naminé was different as well, somewhat. She was like a broken, fragile glass, that later came into her own, which is why I like her), hence, not bland and boring. And that's enough to set Aqua apart. Some originality under all the Kairisms (hopefully, Nomura ENDS IT AT THE CHARMS). For me to also look forward to seeing her overall greatness. This is the first time I've actually been excited for a new female character. Larxene took CoM for me, since she was never truly advertised, and I don't remember much of Naminé when CoM was going on. But Aqua, I have my hopes on her into a full fledged female heroine. Larxene was the female antagonist, and now we need some balance to wrap up the awesomeness.

Then I'll be happy with the lack of females overall. Kind of.

I still reproach Nomura for the constant Kairis and every other girl taking a backseat for them.

WarpChaos

I like Xion,but it's more out of desperation than anything else. I've been dying for a female protagonist to have some semblance of character development, and not exist solely to be a damsel in distress/ love interest waiting for some guy to save her etc. I'll take the character with strong development that can save her own ass then the Kairi and Namine's of the series. However, I'll take Aqua over any of them. Larxene to, but she's an antagonist.

Anyway, I do see why you and others don't like her. She's a marysue and pointless in the overall Kh mythos.

Plays devils' advocate.

Marysue-

Wields a key-blade.
Sympathy sue- was made from beginning , middle, and end for people to feel sorry for her.

Why can Roxas duel-wield? Who seriously cared about this? Of all the unanswered plotholes in the series they go with this one that wasn't really one to begin with. Riku explained it just fine. Roxas could wield the key-blade because he's Sora 's nobody. Who cares about the number wielded. Key-blade is key-blade.

Pointless-
Did we really need yet another clone of Sora? Roxas had that covered, and if we needed a female version well technically Namine fit the bill for that as well.

Yeah, I agree with this. That's what I was trying to say.

A

Audo

The mere fact that Nomura said Roxas' ability to dual-wield has to do with BBS AND the fact that Xion awoke the Keyblade him connects Xion to BBS. Oh look, she connects to a game outside of Days, since all everyone ever cares about is BBS, i guess that means she was necessary, and had a point. Bully for her.

Last edited:

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

She wasn't an instant BFF with Axel and Roxas though. If anyone became instant BFFs with anyone it was Roxas, and even then he had in fact a hell lot more time to spend with Xion seeing how Axel disappeared all the time.

Dude, you seriously don't get the deal with Duel Wielding, do you?

Not bringing her back =\= Xion having no more importance in the series. Watch me laugh once she ends up being tied to Riku's wielding the WtD.
Also, saying it'd be difficult =\= impossible, or won't happen. Maleficent was brought back due to popular demands, ya? Basically Nomura's saying not to get our hopes up and that probably at the moment he has no idea how to pull it off. But give him a while and that might change.

Awards
The mere fact that Nomura said Roxas' ability to dual-wield has to do with BBS AND the fact that Xion awoke the Keyblade him connects Xion to BBS. Oh look, she connects to a game outside of Days, since all everyone ever cares about is BBS, i guess that means she was necessary, and had a point. Bully for her.

His ability to dual wield stems from BbS, but Xion merely activated that ability.
Had Roxas unlocked that ability by some other means, any other means, it wouldn't have made a difference, even more so considering that Xion is now forgotten.

Nomura's quote that I just gave was in response to a question about Xion having any relevance in BbS, so I think you can take it from there.

Not bringing her back =\= Xion having no more importance in the series. Watch me laugh once she ends up being tied to Riku's wielding the WtD.
Also, saying it'd be difficult =\= impossible, or won't happen. Maleficent was brought back due to popular demands, ya? Basically Nomura's saying not to get our hopes up and that probably at the moment he has no idea how to pull it off. But give him a while and that might change.

You're pulling at what could happen. Kairi could become a less annoying character, but I can't use a remote possibility as a justification for her being a good character.
The same goes for Xion's importance. It is intrinsic to Days alone until we see otherwise, especially knowing that Nomura's statement and the game itself (what with her being forgotten and this being definably filler) have pointed to her being left behind.

I will watch you laugh.

Allister Rose

French Lover

Plays devils' advocate.

Marysue-

Wields a key-blade.

Pointless-

people dislike mary sues.....so if you dont know where they are coming from, then maybe you should reread your own comment.

still as much as a marysue she is, she still pretty likable

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
people dislike mary sues.....so if you dont know where they are coming from, then maybe you should reread your own comment.

He said he did see.

still as much as a marysue she is, she still pretty likable

Because a Sue doesn't have to be unlikable. It depends on the type of a "Sue". Namine and Xion both have their Sue-ish moments but they're the kind that get you to go "naaaw" at them more often than not, unlike Kairi who's a sue in the sense of "I'm a main character therefore I'm important no matter how little development I get".
Which also differentiates Kairi from Namine and Xion - they're arguably Sues (not saying they are but I do see where people're coming from) but that had their characters fleshed out. Kairi stopped at being a Sue.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I really don't think anybody should base the likability of Xion on whether or not she can come back. I like her just fine, but I hope she doesn't come back. It would kind of ruin her sacrifice for me, and it was that sacrifice that really made me like her. There can be aspects of the future games explained by her, but I really don't want Xion herself hopping on back into the picture. That just wouldn't make sense.

Roxas didnt whine that much

Ohohohohohoho.

fantasy08

Can you please tell me what you're talking about? Maybe you need to read my comment again. Slowly this time.

By the way smile I'm female. :)

Allister Rose

French Lover
I really don't think anybody should base the likability of Xion on whether or not she can come back. I like her just fine, but I hope she doesn't come back. It would kind of ruin her sacrifice for me, and it was that sacrifice that really made me like her. There can be aspects of the future games explained by her, but I really don't want Xion herself hopping on back into the picture. That just wouldn't make sense.

She could comback as data, but i guess there would be no point seeing as she has the same stats as roxas and Sora...on the other hand it could be a very challenging match

A

Audo

His ability to dual wield stems from BbS, but Xion merely activated that ability.
Had Roxas unlocked that ability by some other means, any other means, it wouldn't have made a difference, even more so considering that Xion is now forgotten.
Sure he could have, but that isn't the point. The point is that it was Xion who awakened that, no one else. Which indirectly connects her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back