• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does "2.5" make sense for the HD Port that includes KH2 and BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
What if 2.5 comes with BBSv2 but it’s just cinemas. The game was canceled but Nomura still wants to tell its story, this would be an easy way to do that. BBSv2 could be one big movie like DaysHD or you could unlock separate cutscenes as you progress through the 2.5 collection. Does this sound at all plausible?

I guess parts of BBSv2 would take place during and after KH2 so it kind of fits with the 2.5 name.
Honestly it's not a bad idea, the only downfall being that the primary purpose of the Remix series isn't to introduce more story material, rather it's to rekindle the fanbase. If the developers can accomplish both, though, it'd be another incentive for veteran players to give the game a shot.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
also, if they've been planning far enough ahead, it wouldnt be a problem to pace it potentially better than the Days movie, since plans for both games were scrapped mere months apart.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That would leave us with three "movies" for the second Collection though (Coded, DDD and BBSv2), put that together with KH 2 Final Mix and BBS Final Mix as playable games and the second collection would be way bigger in content that the first.

Not impossible, I know, but I don't know if people would be willing to pay a higher price tag for that. The stuff shown in the BBS FM secret ending can also easily be included as mementos in KH 3, since Nomura said it were only bits and pieces of a story and nothing whole.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
What if 2.5 comes with BBSv2 but it’s just cinemas. The game was canceled but Nomura still wants to tell its story, this would be an easy way to do that. BBSv2 could be one big movie like DaysHD or you could unlock separate cutscenes as you progress through the 2.5 collection. Does this sound at all plausible?

I guess parts of BBSv2 would take place during and after KH2 so it kind of fits with the 2.5 name.

It would be a nice surprise, but I wouldn't think that it will happen (There's little to no demand for it) Besides the main point for the HD collections is to get people who skipped the "sidegames" caught up on the story easily. I just don't see the point of adding an entire story that no one knows. I'd think it would make much more sense to add the cutscenes from 3D

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I wouldn't like that because personally, if they were going to make it, I would prefer they put the time into it and make it whole special game of its own. That is why I like the movies in the HD Remixes, they are easy ways to see the whole game, but if you really wanted to, you could buy a pre-owned DS for cheap and play the whole story yourself. I'd hate for KHBbSv2 to have its only way to see and understand the story be through cutscenes :( Especially since if it was a game, you'd be able to play as Aqua for some part of it.

Well, it wasn't really cancelled. I think they said they never even intended to make it.

I've never heard of that. Do you happen to have proof (I'm not saying you're wrong, just really curious) because I know the secret endings tend to be thoughts of where Nomura would like to go, but they don't have to happen that way. I just find it weird that they would include this awesome cutscene to hype people up on a game that was never ever supposed to even happen? Seems a bit cruel to me :(

SeekerofLight

Well, actually the game was in development at least a year before it was announced in September 2012. So now we're all expecting 2.5, well it will seem like longer because they have to start it first.

They could very well be working on it now. Not sure, but I would think with the game most likely gold and copies being printed for a Japanese release at least the team is probably already looking ahead and drawing up plans on how to tackle 2.5.

Key to Truth

Awards
I honestly think that if they wanted they could do it all in three collections.
First collection (1.5): KH1FM, Re:CoM and Days cutscenes.
Second Collection: BbSFM, BbS Volume 2 HD Cutscenes, KH2FM.
Third collection (This one could really be 2.5): Re:Coded and Dream Drop Distance.

My reason to include DDD is because normally companies have a certain amount of time of exclusivity. Once that time is over you can do whatever you want with the game. By the time of a second or even third collection, that time will probably have passed, thus allowing them to include the game in the collection.
Also, doing that would allow them to fulfill this "one game per year" thing until KH3 is done or another game comes out.
I know. A "collection" of two games isn't much of a collection, but 1.5 only has two games too.

Thundah

Just a few thoughts:

1. Who really knows if they will not release three HD collections? (Or maybe SE said only two and I didn't noticed anywhere...)
  2. KH 1.5 HD only brings two games, so the other(s) can bring two games, too. And cutscenes.
  3. They probably will just release every game in HD without worrying about the sequence. Or maybe a little worry.

I just want them all, that's it.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Just a few thoughts:

1. Who really knows if they will not release three HD collections? (Or maybe SE said only two and I didn't noticed anywhere...)
  2. KH 1.5 HD only brings two games, so the other(s) can bring two games, too. And cutscenes.
  3. They probably will just release every game in HD without worrying about the sequence. Or maybe a little worry.

I just want them all, that's it.

They could actually fit all the games on one or two Blu-ray discs. It's all got to do with story and development time.

Besides, the name is a dead giveaway. If we have 1.5 for the story of the first game along with the two other games leading into KH2, then it should only make sense for the next collection to be named 2.5, which would include KH2FM, Birth by Sleep (there are so many connections between KH2 and BBS story wise) along with Re:Coded and DDD which both lead into the future.

They couldn't make another collection without naming it 0.5 or 2.9, which is just too silly, even for SE standards.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, but they just don't have the time for it. There is still KH3 that needs to come out. They don't need to spend much time on HD remasters. If they announce 2.5 immediately after 1.5, and release it sometime in the latter half of this year, that should be it before KH3.

Also if Orbis/PS4 is revealed next Wednesday and is advertised all of Spring and Summer for a Fall release, that means SE can't linger on the PS3 for long. They already screwed up this gen by not being able to properly support the PS3 and giving it end-tail support is not going to gain them any points, so they need to not make the same mistake with the PS4 and start supporting it early on (with cross-platform support between PS3 and PS4 because they shouldn't sacrifice the install base of the PS3.)

Honestly, it'd be great if they make 1.5 and 2.5 cross-platform to maximize sales for PS3 owners and early PS4 adopters.

Thundah

I can't see myself buying a new console to play Kingdom Hearts. I just can't. This, because we don't know yet if the PS4 will be shown in the Sony event, how much will we wait for the third original installment of the series, and because there are no titles yet that can encourage me to buy a new system.

I would love to see every title released until today on the PS3 (not counting with KH3, unfortunately), not to bring all the nostalgia back, but also because we can have every title in one single system an error that KH producers made was definitely working in the game to different systems, like Game Boy Advance and Nintendo (3)DS.

Thundah

When I saw the news talking about the event, I just thought they obviously would show something big.

I need to face reality. Let's wait to see.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not saying KH3 will come out on PS4. I'm saying SE needs to think about cross-platform support in order to maximize their reach for those who do have PS3s (and will buy a PS3 even after the PS4 is out) and the early PS4 adopters who will need reasons to buy the system. Which they should start with 1.5 and 2.5.

And they can't think about making more than two collections because they can't keep not working on KH3.

KH2 was released right around the PS2-PS3 bridge period, and that was fine because the PS2 had a lot of support by SE throughout its lifetime.

It took years for SE to get an HD game out on the PS3, and they can't do that this new gen.

Thundah

Never thought like you, but you might be right.

If they release KH3 on the PS4, SE will repeat the same error as with the other titles, by releasing them in different systems. They should definitely release it among with the HD Collection. You were saying the same thing, sort of.

New generation systems are really difficult to face, at least for me. I got my PS3 since the beginning of its existence and I was really hoping that a Kingdom Hearts game was released on it. Maybe they are making this collection to cover their work in the final steps of this generation or maybe to awake the fans for KH3 yet this generation.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think all the games on the PS3 is still completely viable IF the PS4 has backwards compatibility (and Sony doesn't remove it within the first year). I'm assuming my this time (if the PS4 gets announced within the week), that SE has had the PS4 dev kit for quite some time so they obviously know what they are dealing with and they should knows its specs and whether or not backwards compatibility is a feature. If so, I honestly hope they are preparing for what they plan on doing with not only the few KH games but also FFVXIII because all these games are sitting at a point where they aren't all going to be able to make it onto the PS3 so SE is probably going to have to prioritize if they haven't already.

Thundah

I think all the games on the PS3 is still completely viable IF the PS4 has backwards compatibility (and Sony doesn't remove it within the first year).

I read a recent article that PS4 will not have 'backwards compatibility'. I just can't remember if it was a rumor or a true announce.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ever since after the PS2 Sony has done a very bad job on backwards compatibility, unlike Nintendo, so I won't be surprised if the PS4 again cannot play older games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back