• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

End of the World or World that Never Was?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

EotW or TWTNW?

• End of the World

Votes: 37 45.7%
  • The World that Never Was

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Meh.

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
I, like mostly every one else here, prefer the End of the World, for mostly the same reasons. The mysterious and ominous feel, the moderately complex pathways and creative areas, the bone-chilling and challenging enemies, and Ansem and his awesome, awesome voice.

The World that Never Was seemed...rushed (as it KH2, imo), and the environments seemed uninspired. The outside in the city was okay, but there are only like, three major areas, and everything in the castle looks the same, and they practically point you in the right direction to go.

So yeah, the End of the World for me.

rent

End of the World and World that Never Was sound pretty cool to me. can't choose. x.x

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
i feel TWTNW could have been better since the nobody castle was kinda disapointing.

but it looked nice.

TEoTW had more bigger feeling

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Honestly End of the World had a more sad, poetic yet epic feel, as TWtNW felt more like a giant, cold fortress.

Key of Valor

The Professor
In my opinon, End of the World was much better than The World That Never Was.
EotW was simply mystical to travel through. The music that played in the background
was the same from Dive into the Heart and every room unique and a pleasure to
explore. It also brought everything together there, and it emphasized this when
you explore the world terminus. I also liked how it allows you t visit Ansem's
Machine of Darkness in Hollow Bastion. Not to mention that there were
non-optionable battles that weren't boss battles.

TWTNW was such a disappointment. The scenerary was uninteristing and the
rooms were dull both inside and outside the castle. The city was small and there
wasn't much to explore, and the castle was small with little to explore, I guess
though this lack of quality in world maps was a constant theme in KH2. The only
thing I have to say about TWTNW that is positive is how it was a nice touch
to include the Organization 'graves' I guess you could call them, where they
include the member's epithet. I guess the heart in the sky was kind of cool.

Anagram

Banned
The city was small and there
wasn't much to explore,
all the worlds were like that in kh2.
the worlds in kh2 such a disapiontment.
wonderland in kh1 had more rooms than 5 worlds in kh2.

Qarx

In my opinon, End of the World was much better than The World That Never Was.
EotW was simply mystical to travel through. The music that played in the background
was the same from Dive into the Heart and every room unique and a pleasure to
explore. It also brought everything together there, and it emphasized this when
you explore the world terminus. I also liked how it allows you t visit Ansem's
Machine of Darkness in Hollow Bastion. Not to mention that there were
non-optionable battles that weren't boss battles.

TWTNW was such a disappointment. The scenerary was uninteristing and the
rooms were dull both inside and outside the castle. The city was small and there
wasn't much to explore, and the castle was small with little to explore
, I guess
though this lack of quality in world maps was a constant theme in KH2. The only
thing I have to say about TWTNW that is positive is how it was a nice touch
to include the Organization 'graves' I guess you could call them, where they
include the member's epithet. I guess the heart in the sky was kind of cool.
Funny, despite it looking like the biggest world in the game. It dwarfed Hollow Bastion, thus making me think it was actually large, and fun to explore.

But sadly, this was not the case, seeing as it was still small, and easily navigated.

"The truck prevents access" or something like that. It still made me wonder why you couldn't jump over it.

XIII's follower

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure which I like more.

I think both fit in with their respective themes and settings. TEotW, like others said, looked like the end of the world. It was so empty, quiet, and in disarray with debris and detritis scattered through each room. TWTNW, though more restrictive, was fitting with its desolate and somber tone, and the detail on everything was excellent from the lights on the buildings and the truck to the decor of the castle.

Personally, I think if I had to choose, I think I like TWTNW slightly better. In TEotW, I liked Chernabog, but those two Behemoths just annoyed me, and I liked the final battle room and the 'return of former worlds' room, but I was sort of 'meh' to the rest of it. In TWTNW, overall, I think they crammed too much story into that one world, but I loved the boss battles with the remainder of OXIII to the point that I have a special file just to battle them over again. I also like how their respective areas played in their battles with Xigbar constantly morphing the arena, Sai'x's allowing him go Berserk, Luxord's putting focus on the Time element, and for Xemnas, just one word: 'Facedown'. I also liked several other areas in that world especially 'Memory's Skyscraper' and 'Proof of Existence'. (I still pause in this room for a moment every time I play).

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I liked The World That Never Was a bit more, I guess because it was like the climax and "official"(at the time) end of the KH series so I was really hyped for it plus I wanted to just know more about the Nobodies and where Riku was and what Kairi was going to do so basically I just got more excitement at going there.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
The World That Never Was, was better for me, but it was shorter. :(
I also liked End of The World, so I guess I'll say both. And considering the fact that both had alot of things added like
each location and such.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
end of the world was more climactic and imo harder. TWTNW was too easy and it seemed to be like a lame ending to just finish the game.

Bullhorn78

Even though The World That Never Was was really cool and you could train a lot there, the End Of The World was always a bit creepy and eerie to me for some reason. That is pretty much what won me over.

rainxdropper

Website
www.fos-ff.net
I found TWTNW could've been a bit better executed - I liked the overall feel of the area, like it was some deserted metropolis, a sort of ghost town. It was far too linear, though, and it was easy to chop around and through the enemies all the way through.

EOTW was great in that in felt like how the end would be - just remnants of what remains, and even then, just sketchy bits and pieces that mean very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back