• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite way to travel in the KH universe

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I don’t know if there’s a thread like this already or not, but I did try to search it. Didn’t find any so far. If there is one already then just post the link so we can connect to it. I did made a thread like this years ago when we were still using an older version of this forum, but it got erased when the website got updated. I can’t find it anymore, so I’m just going to make a new one except with some added stuff.

In the KH series, there are always ways to travel in the KH universe.

The commonly known gummiship that was used in KH and KH2. It’s like a spaceship with the use of colorful blocks as materials.

There’s also the train that was used to travel from Twilight Town to Mysterious Tower in KH2.

Then there’re the keyblades that can transform into some kind of vehicle in KHBBS. Terra had the motorbike shaped vehicle. Aqua has what I thought looked like a water ski. And Ven has the classical standing on a board travel.

In KH358/2 days, Roxas and the Org. XIII uses the Corridor of Darkness. Pretty badass in my opinion.

Then in KHCOM, cards are EVERYTHING! Even when you have to move to another world, you need a card. Sure the worlds aren’t real and are only made from Sora’s memories, but I still see it as a way to travel since you still go from one world to the next. Just imagine if you can use it in the real universe. Pretty convenient.

Similar to KHCOM, KH3D “Dives” into worlds, but not really in the real KH universe. Well, more like not part of the ‘awakened’ ones. It may have been used to travel in the Realm of Dreams, but I still see it as traveling.

Now for KHreCoded. Well... Can’t say if this should be included or not since there’s really no clear explanation of the travel in this game. It’s been a long time since I played this, so my memories might not be very good, but I only remember Data Sora just “appearing” in the worlds once he was done with the last one. It’s just “pop!” you’re there. ‘Guess the journal was nice enough to just teleport Data Sora once he’s done with debugging the world. I wish they did more though.

So for my question: What is your favorite way to travel in the KH universe? If you exist in the KH universe, how would you like to travel? Use the old style like the gummiship? Wanna look badass and use the Corridor of Darkness? Or maybe the keyblades that can change into any form of vehicle? Or use the easy and safe way by just pulling out a card, walk through a door and “bam!” You’re there. Train travel looks pretty classy, but I wonder if you have to pay for the tickets every time you use it.

If you have your own unique idea of traveling, then go ahead! I would love to hear it. Get creative and imagine whatever you want. If Monstro can swim through space without trouble, then there’s a possibility that other animals can too.

For my personal favorite, that hasn’t changed from the last old thread I made and disappeared, is the Terra Style. Basically, a keyblade that turns into a motorbike without wheels. I find motorcycles really cool and the idea of traveling through space sounds fun. If I didn’t need the suit of armor to protect myself in space, I would love to feel the breeze.

Now it’s for your guys’ opinion

Update:
Thanks to Neko for reminding me about this. There's another form of transportation which Mickey himself used to travel around the KH universe in KHBBS. The Star Shard is a colorful star shape rock with powerful magic. If you don't have full control of this colorful rock, who knows where you end up. Not to mention, the journey will be one hell of a roller coaster ride except with crazier turns at every second.

Last edited:

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I can't really decide between the Gliders or the Gummi Ships. Gummi Ships are nice because they hold more than one, but Gliders are cool because...well, IDK, they're cool.
The most fun one to play is the Gummi Ship, since in BBS there's only one or two times you actually play on the glider (excluding the Rumble Racer game).

Oran

Awards
Im going to have to go with the good old Gummi Ship whats more fun then blasting through space to other worlds while shooting down hartless ships, more badass then stepping through a portal if you ask me.

Roro

Awards
Corridors of darkness are definitely the most convenient way seeing as you can just whip one up out of nowhere and go through it.

But for me the favorite way of travel would either have to be gummi ship or keyblade gliders, keyblade gliders I think look cool but the gummi ship is awesome in that you get to shoot things and stuff while traversing the worlds lol. If we got to ride a keyblade glider but it had all the fun of blasting things into smithereens like a gummi ship has that would be just perfect.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Corridors of Darkness. So helpful and efficient. And It was badass, but all Dark powers are.

this. If I had one of them coats, i'd be using it all the time.

and they're especially badass in some places(i.e. against a wall, in somebody's bedroom, etc.)

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Well, yeah, instantly teleporting all over the universe would be great; much better than the Gliders or Gummi Ships.

But the Gliders were the best because they were the easiest, plus they were created from the Keyblades so yeah

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Corridors of Darkness are always cool and mysterious looking, not to mention you can put one pretty much anywhere. I would go with them except it would mean you are basically having to go through darkness, and that would put you at risk of having darkness consume you.
Gummi ships and the Keyblade gliders are good in their own ways. The gummi ship can hold a good number of passengers, so that gives it an advantage. But those Keyblade gliders look so awesome and fun to ride! If I someone is traveling alone, then Keyblade glider. If they are not alone, then gummi ship.
Also, I just remembered Mickey traveled in BBS using the Star Shard! Except it transported him randomly, so that would not be good.

C.C.

Website
forums.khinsider.com
I like how they keep it fresh and usually introduce a new way of travel in a lot of the games. But as a loyal fan of the Starfox series Gummie ships are by far my favorite form of travel.

Honestly customizing and trying out new designs is probably the most fun I've had in the series! I love how you can beat the Dreadnought with your own personal ship. And then you can run over to your friends house and see that they beat the Dreadnought with something completely different.

Gram

Banned
Awards
im not a fan of the gummi levels so i'd have to go with glider or corridors .
though when it comes to a group the only real option is the gummi ship.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Also, I just remembered Mickey traveled in BBS using the Star Shard! Except it transported him randomly, so that would not be good.

That's because he didn't know how to control it. Also, Donald and Goofy arrive in Where Nothing Gathers in 3D by using the Star Shard

Awards

Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me about that. The way Mickey was using it didn't look easy to use. If I was using a Star Shard, I would probably ended up having travel sickness before arriving to my destination. The freakin' rock was making sudden zig zag turns all the time!

Shoxir

Awards
The dark corridor is my favorite. Kind of a whole stealth thing going on with that.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Are we specifically talking about inter-world traveling or just traveling in general? For general traveling I prefer to just run around on foot. 3D's flowmotion was good and I liked the Faithline reality shift. But if those don't count, I would have to go with KH2's skateboard. As for inter-world traveling, I gotta have the corridors of darkness.

Prajna

Using the Navi-Globe in Chain of Memories to hop from floor to floor, also Warp Drive Gummies. Pretty much any method of transportation that includes nothing besides a quick cinematic transition.

Awards
Are we specifically talking about inter-world traveling or just traveling in general? For general traveling I prefer to just run around on foot. 3D's flowmotion was good and I liked the Faithline reality shift. But if those don't count, I would have to go with KH2's skateboard. As for inter-world traveling, I gotta have the corridors of darkness.

I meant traveling from world to world, but I don't mind hearing your thoughts on other traveling methods when your in a world. I admit I love the flowmotion in KH3D. It was a pain at first since I wasn't use to moving so fast, but when I got the hang of it, it made moving around faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back