• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Exams thread of I NEVER LEARNED THIS and dead week partying

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Re: Finals Thread

MY finals are in the last couple days of school. But sophomores have two MCAS's coming up the next two months though.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

I've got an AP Mock exam tomorrow. I just have to get a 4 and I'll be fine. Ive got my finals in the last week of May and the AP exam on the 12th. That ones gonna suck.

I'm pretty much done studying, I've bitched, moaned, and groaned.

O

Oberon

Drugs and Behavior final, class is a joke will be easy. Japanese final which will be moderately difficult but not "omg kill me nao plz." And then a 20 page paper on executive control of attention which is so boring I want to cry even thinking about it.
Sounds awful, agreed. lol

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth

My finals are in two weeks and the only one I'm really stressed about is my government final. Programming should be easy since she lets us use our books on everything and my Comp. II final is an in-class essay (page and a half, easy stuff) over some political cartoon.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

My government final was today!

I calculated my grade based on how many questions I know I got right and how many I guessed. I needed a 98 on the test to make an A in the class....(I need an A to get my target GPA to get into my department)

There's a good chance I made a 96...which means my grade will be an 89.4 in the class...which I'm going to bonking rage if that's the case because it means I'll have missed an A by a fraction of a question based on public approval ratings of bonking Congress members.

I tore some ligaments in my ankle so I missed the notes and borrowed from someone else for a lecture. Lo and behold, the questions I probably missed were the ones I borrowed shitty notes from.

8C

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

This semester was pretty easy for me, so I'm not too worried about them. Microeconomics isn't hard as long as I study up on the terminology, same for Statistics. My business overview class is really straightforward, and I'm really good in my Japanese class so I'm not really concerned.

Also, hell yeah to writing as a profitable hobby.

localorange

Senior slump is AWFUL. Especially when there's only one class that I actually need for my major, and THAT'S a 20+ pg capstone paper. *sighs* And it's not like I genuinely don't want to do the work - I want to because I know I have to. It's just I'm struggling to get the motivation that I normally have, and I constantly have to fight it - and that's thanks to senior slump.

Finals start this Tuesday for me - two tests in a row, and then the big paper. I've got a mini paper due on the 10th that I plan on getting out of the way this weekend, because it's going to save a boatload of hassle (the class was sadly a bit of a joke as well) After that I get to take a test on the 9th and then a trip to Toronto before Graduation weekend.

I do know someone that wants to write for a living. She's taking a year off to find internships and to make sure she really wants to do grad school, and then start applying. I do want to go to grad school, but I'm going to look 5X better to prospective schools if I have at minimum 2 years of work experience under my belt.

metrifyx

MY finals are in the last couple days of school. But sophomores have two MCAS's coming up the next two months though.

Ugh, MCAS. I have to take the Physics one in June. At least I won't have to take the Biology one next year.

I'll only have to take one final, and that's Physical Science. It's extremely easy; I wouldn't have had to take it if my grade reflected that.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

Senior slump is AWFUL. Especially when there's only one class that I actually need for my major, and THAT'S a 20+ pg capstone paper. *sighs* And it's not like I genuinely don't want to do the work - I want to because I know I have to. It's just I'm struggling to get the motivation that I normally have, and I constantly have to fight it - and that's thanks to senior slump.

Finals start this Tuesday for me - two tests in a row, and then the big paper. I've got a mini paper due on the 10th that I plan on getting out of the way this weekend, because it's going to save a boatload of hassle (the class was sadly a bit of a joke as well) After that I get to take a test on the 9th and then a trip to Toronto before Graduation weekend.

I do know someone that wants to write for a living. She's taking a year off to find internships and to make sure she really wants to do grad school, and then start applying. I do want to go to grad school, but I'm going to look 5X better to prospective schools if I have at minimum 2 years of work experience under my belt.

Reminds me of James Franko or whatever...the guy from spiderman....who's going to UofH fall 2012 for a PhD in Creative Writing.

metrifyx

really PhD in creative writing... <.< kinda seems akward

also whats the MCAS. yes i don't know what it is because i have never been to a public school

Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System. It's Massachusetts' standardized testing, and you take it every year until high school; then you only have to take it once in each core subject at the end of sophomore year. You can't graduate high school until you pass. Teachers tend to obsess over it. It's generally easy, except that some of the multiple choice/open responses are incredibly vague.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

This thread should be renamed: Fuck I Never Learned This Shit

I think my first one is on the 23rd. I only have 3, but 2 of them will pose a thread....I'm dreading the Calc II one.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards

As a Senior in Highs school with decetnt grades & only 1 absence I get to exempt all my exams

*precedes to laugh at everoyne here taking exams/finals*

metrifyx

i find this ironic because i live in boston (actually lynn)

Really? Around here, everyone knows about it even if they don't go to public school because we all rant about it so much, haha.

This thread should be renamed: bonk I Never Learned This Shit

Hahaha. The kids in my science class say that every three seconds.

metrifyx

I wish I lived in a city...but people tell me I wouldn't last five minutes. =w=

And to get back on topic, the dead month we have after MCAS is going to be spent learning about chemistry. I'm kind of upset, because after MCAS is when we usually do experiments and learn about awesome things not in the curriculum. It's basically what school should be like, because we all want to learn. But because of MCAS, our curriculum is really restricted...which is exactly what they want.

Last edited:

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata

Ugh, MCAS. I have to take the Physics one in June. At least I won't have to take the Biology one next year.

I'll only have to take one final, and that's Physical Science. It's extremely easy; I wouldn't have had to take it if my grade reflected that.

Missed this. They have science sections now?! Weird. I only had to do Math and English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back