• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Freezing in KH Games? Common or Uncommon?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another Key

Recently, I got kh2 fm+ and managed to get it to work on my ps2 by using swap magic 3.6,
and I used the tape and tissue mod to block the sensors (also note, I used special boot cuz normal boot fails). Yet the game seems to have a time limit. 30-40 min. after I start playing it freezes. I can still load my saves, but wierd. Checked out the disc and its pretty
badly scratched 0.0, but Im still not convinced thats the issue. Like I mean its always close to the same amout of time. Out of three tries: 34, 37 and 31 minutes before freezing........
Its not the PS2, because I played KH2 and KH1(both) for 2 hours each and no freeze.
My BBS froze twice, never happened again. So folks, have you ever experienced freezing on your KH games? If so which one, and was it behaving as strangely as mine?
Also, Id be grateful if anybody could tell me whats with my kh2 fm, I would appreciate it.

blackberi

I've only experienced freezing with BBS, never any of the other games. It happened once before the last battle inside Ventus' heart with Vanitas, and I raged really hard because I was so close to beating his story, but it just HAD to freeze between the cutscene and actual gameplay. It also happened at less-significant points in the game but it was still extremely irritating. I think the game froze three times for me overall.

I've heard a few complaints of freezing in BBS from some friends of mine, and now you as well, so I think it may actually be fairly common?

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
The only KH game that froze on me was Re: CoM. No scratches. And it always freezes on one specific spot, usually on Sora's Story. On Riku's story it's fine.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Mine was more of a glitch than freezing. During the 1000 Heartless battle, one went missing. I spent like a good hour redoing that battle.

Oh, I did have a problem with freezing once with KH2. It was in Beast's Castle, the part where Sora & co find the servants in the basement.

Absent axel

KH2 froze on me during Xaldins battle.

The 13th Dilemma went on and on and on and on.

And When playing on Vens story a few times after playing vens story for a long time it turned off RIGHT AFTER I GOT THAT DIFFICULT STICKER IN DISNEY TOWN. So I used vens finish move stratosphere to propel myself high enough to get it again.

Another Key

KH2 froze on me during Xaldins battle.

The 13th Dilemma went on and on and on and on.

And When playing on Vens story a few times after playing vens story for a long time it turned off RIGHT AFTER I GOT THAT DIFFICULT STICKER IN DISNEY TOWN. So I used vens finish move stratosphere to propel myself high enough to get it again.

Hah! I thought I was the only one who used stratosphere for that sticker! I thought it was super cool how that worked lol.

tehmuffinmon

I don't think a KH game has frozen on me before. Except for when I was messing around with an Action Replay for 358/2 days, walking through walls and stuff. It's not worth it, you just fall through the ground and die, no dive to the heart or anything. T.T

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Weirdest thing ever. Every time I play kh2 some of the scenes get stuck but its weird! The people still blink and you could see them moving but the scene just stays like that for 5-10 minutes.

Lavender13

well mine did. it depends really, plus gamesharks give a warning that it could freeze the game. so in my case, it did freeze. but only once

jazumin-chan

Website
www.gaiaonline.com
For KH1 and 2, never froze. And I'll admit, I played KH1 for 400+ hours if that's any extra (and both were played on my unchipped PS2)
KH: CoM, got half way in the game. One day, I turned my DS Lite on (never had GBA) and the file was gone - corrupted --" Started again but after the second world never played again
KH: RE COM is a copy, played it on my Matrix chipped PS2. I played up to 5 worlds but got bored. Sometimes, the game wouldn't load and just go to a black screen, but usually after a restart or two it would work
KH: Days worked perfectly fine on my DS Lite
KH: BBS I am playing on a hacked PSP 1000 or 2000 (not sure, I'm borrowing it) and playing it from a memory card. It is the US version and the first time I started playing the analog wasn't playing up, but the running was. Like I could run if I pointed the analog down, but when pointed forward I'd walk. After I restarted the system it only happened slightly a couple more times then never again.

javs

Im more than sure my PS2 is just getting really old, but it works perfectly fine with new out of the box games, and KH:ReCoM had a horrible freezing problem, just during soras story though.

Back 10 years ago Kh1 worked fine. Now it freezes constantly especially after about 40 minutes of gameplay. It's a little scratched but even a rebuffer didn't help. KH2 used to always work flawlessly but I'm currently replaying it right now and its frozen a couple of times. It'll freeze for about 30 seconds and then keep going. its annoyingggggg.

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
KH1 and BBS never froze on me. I'm grateful they never did. But Re:COM, KH2 and Days......
Re:COM freezes ALL the time. It lags, it freezes. It's actually annoying to watch cutscenes where they go "heys-s-s-s-so-o-o-o-r-r-...... *freeze".
The first time KH2 froze on me was when Roxas was remembering OrgXIII. Then there's that scene with the chairs and only the CO members had their hoods down and OrgXIII's theme was playing. Then for some reason, it took reaally long to load the next scene. All I saw was a black TV screen and OrgXIII's theme. Then after awhile the music stopped and it officially froze. KH2 still lags sometimes(like during the 1000 Heartless battle. For some reason, my keyblade suddenly changed into KK during that scene).
I think it's all because my PS2's old.
But Days pissed me off the most. I was fresh off a defeating a really annoying Emerald Serenade, rushing to finish the mission then to save. But right as I was about to enter the Bizarre Room, the game froze. Oh yes, I was pissed. I didn't play for a couple of days after that. Then I decided to try again. Luckily, it didn't freeze the second time. The other time it froze was when I was playing as Lexaeus in Wonderland. I didn't really care, though since I wasn't really doing anything. But now that I think about it, Wonderland is a very unlucky place for me cus of all the freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back