• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gunman Kills 4 in Isla Vista, Was Influenced by 'Men's Rights Movement'

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
Last Night in Santa Barbara California, a Gunman in a BMW opened fire on students near the UC Santa Barbara campus in Isla Vista. Seven are dead including the gunman, with a further seven injured.

The Gunman's Name is Elliot Rodger. Last night, he posted a chilling manifesto to youtube. Announcing that he is a 22 year old Virgin who has never been kissed he says:

Elliot Rodger said:
"It's not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don't know why you girls have never been attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it. It's an injustice, a crime, because I don't know what you don't see in me. I'm the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentleman."

"I will punish all of you for it," he says again, and then he laughs.

"On the day of retribution I will enter the hottest sorority house of UCSB, and I will slaughter every single spoiled stuck up blonde slut I see inside there. All those girls that I've desired so much, they would have all rejected me and looked down upon me as an inferior man if I ever made a sexual advance towards them. While they throw themselves at these obnoxious brutes. I'll take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you. You will finally see that I am in truth the superior one. The true Alpha Male."

Read more here.

so... are men's rights activists dangerous? should the cops start cracking down on them? discuss.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Are you serious? You can't stop insane people from doing insane things. MRA has nothing to do with this.

Here's the thing, arguments like this detract from the fact that he was a privileged guy with a warped sense of entitlement who was, indeed, influenced by Men's Rights Activism, pick up culture and anti-feminist movements.

The Disturbing Internet Footprint Of Santa Barbara Shooter Elliot Rodger - Forbes

They aren't pulling it out of nowhere, he was subscribed to several channels, called feminism pure evil because it gives women the choice of who they "breed" with. The guy had a lot issues and was being treated by multiple therapists but they obviously didn't think it necessary to keep a closer eye on him as he had a good 24 hours of tracks leading up to his attack and then some, so please don't chalk it up to him being ill. It paints a bad picture for those who have mental illness. The vast majority of which are NOT killers.

I think it's kind of dangerous to turn this into a "SHOULD ALL MRAs BE LOCKED UP?" discussion too, because then it'll just feed into the angry mentalities that are plaguing these discussions anyway. All of them ignore the fact that even though not all men are psychaotic monsters, all women have to deal with them in even the most harmless and uninviting circumstances.

More than four were killed, and others were injured.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
so... are men's rights activists dangerous? should the cops start cracking down on them? discuss.
what? lol. most legitimate MRA groups focus on paternity rights, domestic violence, homelessness and suicide. stuff like that.

i've been watching this guys videos and reading a bit of his manifesto. he's no MRA and he has disdain for the PUA crowd. he calls them pathetic (as pathetic as he is). this guy was like Patrick Bateman narcissist. he dressed well, he had money, he drove a beamer, he was attractive and yet girls still rejected him and deprived him of sex.

and by that he means that women weren't falling into his lap, bowing at his feet and begging him to fuck them. he quite clearly suffered from a host of mental ailments.

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
I have legitimately spoken to this dude before his death, and before you ask me how I came into contact with him I will say his problems had absolute 0% to do with MRAs. He needed help acutally he needed more than help this dude was a loner, what he needed was friends. Whatever idiot came up with this fufu MRA propaganda needs to check themself.

and by that he means that women weren't falling into his lap, bowing at his feet and begging him to diddly them. he quite clearly suffered from a host of mental ailments.
this is probably as true as it gets, i don't think he understood his personality was just off putting and that if he changed and played his cards well things might have been different.

Here's the thing, arguments like this detract from the fact that he was a privileged guy with a warped sense of entitlement who was, indeed, influenced by Men's Rights Activism, pick up culture and anti-feminist movements.

The Disturbing Internet Footprint Of Santa Barbara Shooter Elliot Rodger - Forbes

They aren't pulling it out of nowhere, he was subscribed to several channels, called feminism pure evil because it gives women the choice of who they "breed" with. The guy had a lot issues and was being treated by multiple therapists but they obviously didn't think it necessary to keep a closer eye on him as he had a good 24 hours of tracks leading up to his attack and then some, so please don't chalk it up to him being ill. It paints a bad picture for those who have mental illness. The vast majority of which are NOT killers.
he was a rich kid with issues lets leave it at that, he was not a mra and he hated the pick up culture as stooge said, i can see where his hate from feminism stems from due anecdotal experience with a few close friends. overall though it seems this kid just had behavioral and personality issues

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
This dude would have eventually done something insane. But doesn't change the fact that his goal was to kill women for the sake that they weren't with him. MRA's (or if he did think badly of MRA's, just rape culture in general) gave him a target. And there are MRA's online sympathizing with this guy. It's ridiculous.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I don't know if anyone brought this up or not. But, I've been reading about Elliot Rodger on Wikipedia and how he supposedly had Asperger's. But, I just don't know how to feel about this situation considering the fact that I myself have Asperger's.

Luap, you're correct. Just the fact that anybody would sympathize with this guy is twisted.

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
this is probably as true as it gets, i don't think he understood his personality was just off putting and that if he changed and played his cards well things might have been different.
Exactly. You can see it in his videos. He had extremely limited social skills and understanding. I'm sure he gave off hardcore creepy vibes and that was probably what had the most adverse effect on his social interaction.

This dude would have eventually done something insane. But doesn't change the fact that his goal was to kill women for the sake that they weren't with him. MRA's (or if he did think badly of MRA's, just rape culture in general) gave him a target. And there are MRA's online sympathizing with this guy. It's ridiculous.
MRA (stop suggesting that the MRA is one homogenous hate group. nobody suggests the same of feminism) and rape culture have nothing to do with this. This has more to do with whatever mental issues he suffered from and his extreme lack of social skills and awareness. It's almost as if he felt like life was a movie. That all he needed was to be good looking and rich and the women would flock to him. He didn't understand the social intricacies. His misunderstanding was eventually warped over time which then lead to his hatred of women.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
And since when does hating women suddenly make you a MRA? If a woman hates men, does that make her a feminist? Of course not because no one sees the world in such black and white.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
MRA (stop suggesting that the MRA is one homogenous hate group. nobody suggests the same of feminism) and rape culture have nothing to do with this. This has more to do with whatever mental issues he suffered from and his extreme lack of social skills and awareness. It's almost as if he felt like life was a movie. That all he needed was to be good looking and rich and the women would flock to him. He didn't understand the social intricacies. His misunderstanding was eventually warped over time which then lead to his hatred of women.

I didn't declare that MRA's are one homogeneous group? And "nobody suggests the same of feminism", you gotta be joking. Plenty of people try to say that feminism is a belief that "woman are superior than men" when the matter of fact it's pretty much just an umbrella term for equal rights between genders and sexes. People who say they support equal rights but don't call themselves feminists are typically people who don't understand feminism.

The fact that he went on a killing spree has more to do with his mental illnesses. But his issues that resulted in this violence could have easily turned onto someone else other than women that he found attractive. The fact that he came to the conclusion that "hey i'm a nice guy so women should have sex with me" definitely has to do with rape culture because that's not a belief that only mentally ill people have come to. He found that belief and then his mental illness warped his belief into his want to murder.

And hell, I'll give you the benefit of a doubt. Sure, maybe his mental illness was the exclusive reason he developed all these beliefs about women and how they should be with him. Maybe rape culture played zero part in this. The fact that you can find people that are sympathizing with this guy is disgusting and is still an example of rape culture existing.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Ten people die (the killer himself, four men and two women in the shooting, and another three victims discovered later in the killer's apartment), some women and girls find themselves more afraid for their safety than ever before, and feminist websites, channels and blogs are trying to use it to give the MRM a bad name. That's fucking sick. PUA's regularly call out MRA's as whiny little bitches, which is what Rodger also called them in his own manifesto.

People who say they support equal rights but don't call themselves feminists are typically people who don't understand feminism.
Feminism isn't the be-all end-all movement to reach equality between the sexes/genders. People are allowed to assign themselves whatever label they like, and if someone doesn't want to call themselves a feminist be cause of, say, associations with radical feminists, that's totally up to them and it's totally valid.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Feminism isn't the be-all end-all movement to reach equality between the sexes/genders. People are allowed to assign themselves whatever label they like, and if someone doesn't want to call themselves a feminist be cause of, say, associations with radical feminists, that's totally up to them and it's totally valid.

Instead of just avoiding the situation, maybe those people should then stand up against the radical feminists and prove why those radical feminists are wrong and how they don't represent feminism. I mean, you're not gonna find a movement that is without it's radicals, so might as well pick the one that makes the most sense.

Also this isn't really related to the fact that there are tons of people who don't understand feminism and yet speak against it so

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
The fact that he went on a killing spree has more to do with his mental illnesses. But his issues that resulted in this violence could have easily turned onto someone else other than women that he found attractive. The fact that he came to the conclusion that "hey i'm a nice guy so women should have sex with me" definitely has to do with rape culture because that's not a belief that only mentally ill people have come to. He found that belief and then his mental illness warped his belief into his want to murder.
It wasn't "I'm a nice guy". It was "I'm attractive, I dress well, I have a nice car, I'm intelligent. Women should be flocking to me and giving me sex but they choose to have sex with unattractive, inferior men". He desired women but his illnesses prevented him from understanding why they didn't desire him. Hence how he arrives at his misogyny. This isn't rape culture. He never actually approached women, or had any female friends. He expected them to come to him.

The fact that you can find people that are sympathizing with this guy is disgusting and is still an example of rape culture existing.
I don't disagree but that's a separate issue entirely.

D

Deleted member 36435

I don't understand why we've suddenly started condemning entire groups of people based off the actions of individual members. I suppose we should start labeling all Muslims as terrorists or all Christians are serial killers. All feminists must be fat hams as well, too.

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
I didn't declare that MRA's are one homogeneous group? And "nobody suggests the same of feminism", you gotta be joking. Plenty of people try to say that feminism is a belief that "woman are superior than men" when the matter of fact it's pretty much just an umbrella term for equal rights between genders and sexes. People who say they support equal rights but don't call themselves feminists are typically people who don't understand feminism.

And hell, I'll give you the benefit of a doubt. Sure, maybe his mental illness was the exclusive reason he developed all these beliefs about women and how they should be with him. Maybe rape culture played zero part in this. The fact that you can find people that are sympathizing with this guy is disgusting and is still an example of rape culture existing.
Not in the mood to talk much but this is all i'm going to say there are a myriad of reasons why people hate feminism in this day and age, what those reasons are can range from assine to completely legitimate assumptions. Yes there was a time when feminism was needed but that was a long time ago unless you live in a 3rd world country like india or somewhere in the middle east or somewhere in africa where rape culture is ACTUALLY prevalent I see no point in feminism especially if you live in a 1st world country like America where if you play your cards right you can have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited:

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
You post a thread about another nerd shooting up a school but no one says anything about donald sterling
This is a thread to discuss a shooting, and that's what it's for. If you want a thread for Donald Sterling, go for it. This isn't the place to do that. Either contribute to the discussion at hand or don't, Donald Sterling has no place here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back