• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How far in development do you think KH3 is in now?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

How Far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd like to be optimistic and say they are nearing completion. It's been four years since they announced it so it shouldnt be to much longer.

Hoping for a winter 2017 release

Muke

whatever
Awards
Gonna go with "half way" or "nearly done".
As Swoosh said, it's been 4 years. I think with how smooth development went, it shouldn't take too long.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Given that they're reworking the models, I'd say the game should be out late 2017, or early 2018. Like fellow members have stated, this game has been in development for four years now. We've been getting both Japanese and English dubbed trailers, meaning they've been developing and localizing either at the same time, or closely together.

At whatever point in development stage they may be, I hope they release the game globally the same day~

Rix

:)
Awards
I'm gonna be pessimistic and say that it's close to being halfeay done. I hope I'm wrong. Guess it just seems unreal to me to say that I'll be able to play KH3 in a year or so. What you guys say about the game being close to being done makes sense, but I just can't believe it just yet.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I've been saying since the start that it's probably gonna be aa late-gen game, so 2018 or 2019.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Considering they are focusing on the modeling and lighting, I'm kind of expecting KH3 to be pretty close to completion. You don't get the luxury of focusing on specific things in a development cycle if there is still a lot of work to be done elsewhere. Visual improvements tend to be a late development thing, anyways.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Considering they are focusing on the modeling and lighting, I'm kind of expecting KH3 to be pretty close to completion. You don't get the luxury of focusing on specific things in a development cycle if there is still a lot of work to be done elsewhere. Visual improvements tend to be a late development thing, anyways.
i think we will start from va in mid janaary or maybe then been lying to us and been recording lines

Muke

whatever
Awards
i think we will start from va in mid janaary or maybe then been lying to us and been recording lines
It's not really "lying" but more "not revealing it", though?
Or did they explicitly say "we have not recorded anything yet"? Can't remember such a thing

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
It's not really "lying" but more "not revealing it", though?
Or did they explicitly say "we have not recorded anything yet"? Can't remember such a thing
no it just a feeling that some people but not everybody were bought in alreadyfor some lines

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Pretty much this. As a matter of fact, and to avoid spoilers for a game, the older version of a character was created a few months before the game's release. So yeah, retouching models is something left at the end.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
With all the sudden increase in Kingdom Hearts merchandising, I have a very good feeling that 2017 is going to heavily focus on Kingdom Hearts III (especially considering the fact that there's no major Kingdom Hearts release title, 1.5+2.5 is being treated as a port).

But I feel that they're halfway done, Square Enix are probably going to the remainder of 2017 for all the "Visual Works" if you catch my drift...

CrystalRaine

Given that they're reworking the models, I'd say the game should be out late 2017, or early 2018. Like fellow members have stated, this game has been in development for four years now. We've been getting both Japanese and English dubbed trailers, meaning they've been developing and localizing either at the same time, or closely together.

At whatever point in development stage they may be, I hope they release the game globally the same day~

I'm pretty sure that when he said they were re-working the models, he meant that because of the next-gen hardware, they would have to create new models of the characters as opposed to using the existing ones of the previous games. He didn't mean they were reworking the models they've already created for KH3.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm pretty sure that when he said they were re-working the models, he meant that because of the next-gen hardware, they would have to create new models of the characters as opposed to using the existing ones of the previous games. He didn't mean they were reworking the models they've already created for KH3.

He said both.

charactersssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
You can't fairly call it lying. Most people involved in production are bound by NDAs. Therefore, it's 'almost' rude to expect them to provide honest information.

KingOfHearts

Because of next year being the 15th anniversary, I definitely think we'll see it in 2017. I also think we'll bring seeing the ff7 remake next year. Due to that, I think we'll be getting kh3 in summer/fall and ff7 in the winter. Releasing 1.5/2.5 two months after 2.8 makes me think (optimistically) that we'll be getting kh3 2 months after the ps4 remixes.

Spem

Awards
I think it's about 60% or 70% done, and will be release about March 2018, after Final Fantasy VII.

Spem

Awards
i don't think I still think late 2017 will happen
I really want this to happen, but I don't think there will be three KH games launching in the same year. Maybe they announce for 2017, but end up delaying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back