• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I know its been mentioned before buuut... would it not be *possible* to make a decent KH film

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

doortolight

Awards
-Rated G or PG. Not only does "dark/edgy" usually end up being lame, but part of the reason why KH's themes are touching is because anyone can understand them. That goes for a good number of quality Disney movies, as well.

any one can get them, do you know how many people complain about how complicated the story is?

Kurdistan

Like I said in the original post, I made this thread to discuss how a KH film should be made IF it was to to be made. Not whether it should be made or not.

If we take into consideration that the worlds used to be all connected, so as far as I know there was more or less one big world right? Lets say The Land of Departure was the Jedi Temple of the KH universe, and that someone went rouge and decided to use the darkness and blah blah blah so there is a big massive war which results in an invasion of some sorts that breaks the worlds apart. We could have some of the 'immortal' Disney characters be in the film in cameo roles, we could have unused Final Fantasy characters play roles too. the plot could follow the story of a Keyblade Master in training. just some ideas i made up right now, i am sure you guys could do much better, and thats the point of me asking in the first place :)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
No movie should ever be made. And Nolan... why?

Because many fansboys/girls of every series think Nolan is the best director in the world after the Batman trilogy and Inception and they think that he has the potential to direct anything in the world and make it amazing...which is wrong <_<

Like I said in the original post, I made this thread to discuss how a KH film should be made IF it was to to be made. Not whether it should be made or not.

See, but the thing is, most of us can't see a good KH film being made IF it were to be made, so we are putting in our input by saying it should not be made. The title of the thread is "would it not be *possible* to make a decent KH film" and to that we say, NO, it isn't possible to make a decent KH film lol xP I'm not trying to bash your thread or anything and I hope that isn't the point you are getting from this, but I'm just saying that in any KH thread, you can't except everyone to be so gung-ho and not complain about how there shouldn't be one :)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

If we take into consideration that the worlds used to be all connected, so as far as I know there was more or less one big world right? Lets say The Land of Departure was the Jedi Temple of the KH universe, and that someone went rouge and decided to use the darkness and blah blah blah so there is a big massive war which results in an invasion of some sorts that breaks the worlds apart. We could have some of the 'immortal' Disney characters be in the film in cameo roles, we could have unused Final Fantasy characters play roles too. the plot could follow the story of a Keyblade Master in training. just some ideas i made up right now, i am sure you guys could do much better, and thats the point of me asking in the first place :)

From what I understand 3D confirms that All Keyblades, with the exception of the X-Blade, were created to try and steal the light of KH during the time of the Keyblade War and wasn't until after the war that wielders started using them to defend KH instead of trying to take it. I'm being very very broad about it but most, if not all, wielders during the time of the war were "bad guys" if I'm understanding this right.

kupo1121

Awards
From what I understand 3D confirms that All Keyblades, with the exception of the X-Blade, were created to try and steal the light of KH during the time of the Keyblade War and wasn't until after the war that wielders started using them to defend KH instead of trying to take it. I'm being very very broad about it but most, if not all, wielders during the time of the war were "bad guys" if I'm understanding this right.

No, There were those who were trying to gain the light for themselves which created darkness and there were those who tried to protect the light from those who sought to hog it for themselves, I think

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Making this movie would be a disaster it'd be on par if not worse than DBZ evolution(example of what happens when something gets too popular than what it was worth).

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Man I am so lucky I didn't see that, but the only reason I saw DB evolution was because during a movie night with the roommates it was a dare that we all watch it, and sadly none of us were the same after that night.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Not even again look back at most Video game turned movies and see how they've done or even Cartoons to live action/animate movies.

Most did not go well so I'm certain this won't go over well either.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Don't forget the The Last Airbender movie :D

And I'm still convinced that Shyamalan knew the series too. I mean, the show would be hard to adapt a lot.

There is a lot that can go wrong with a Kingdom Hearts movie, unless you were to keep it only in original worlds with maybe a scene or two in the Disney worlds but not having their own stories or entire sections. Then it's possible to make a good movie.

I've always imagined what would've happened inbetween BBS and KH1, and so far, the version of the rise of the organization/Fall of RG I have in my head is epic! Like Batman Begins or Dark Knight.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I don't think it's ever gonna happen. Disney is way too smart to pull a move that stupid.

They're making a Magic Kingdom movie.

Granted Jon Favreau(Iron Man) is set to direct, but it's still a shameless plug at this point.

It's basically about kids trapped in the park after dark and all the attractions come to life, or something.

Proof.
Magic Kingdom Movie (2013)

Because many fansboys/girls of every series think Nolan is the best director in the world after the Batman trilogy and Inception and they think that he has the potential to direct anything in the world and make it amazing...which is wrong <_<
Though he's a damn good director, that's for certain. I've seen all those movies, if you replace DKR with the Prestige, and they're all very well made.

But he can still make a bad movie eventually. Directors always get the credit, but there's so many others under who contribute work and ideas of varying quality, some of which greatly impact the final product. And if that's not the case, well, look at Peter Jackson and the Lovely Bones(a movie I got more than a *lot* of people, and I actually enjoyed it a bit). I still trust him to make the Hobbit a great film.

Last edited by a moderator:

kupo1121

Awards
They're making a Magic Kingdom movie.

You can edit your post instead of double posting by clicking the "Edit Post" button at the bottom of your last post.

Also, I don't think making Magic Kingdom into a movie is a stupid idea, it nearly has the plot of a movie if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back