• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I want a pet

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key_of_Faith

I really want a pet, but my parents won't agree. I asked them if I could get a parrot (the white parrot with the yellow feathers on its head), but they said no because of the bird flu and all that. What should I do?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
That's called a cockatoo, by the way.

Well, there's nothing much you can do. Have you talked about any other small animals with them?

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
rabbits are awful pets

Oh come on now. Rabbits aren't that...

images

FFFFFFFF

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Get a pet rock.
Easiest pet to train. I named mine Speedy Gonzalez.

Well, I would say a dog but they shed depending on the breed and they require a lot of work. Cats are the same thing. Birds chirp too much IMO. A turtle, a hamster, guinea pig, gerbil, mouse, lizard, snake, spider, or fishes are easier to take care of that a dog or cat.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Get a leonberger.

And by that I mean, just go get one and bring it home. They'll be too afraid to say no.

teardrop

I had the same problem with my mom. All the more convincing I had to do was bring home two cats and shout "Merry Christmas!" Surprisingly, it worked and I have my cats.

But if you don't think that'll work for you, get a fish. They are very easy to take care of and you can buy everything (including the fish) at Wal-Mart. Whatever you do, don't get a guinea pig because they can smell so bad. Same thing with hamsters, mice, gerbils, and ferrets. If you aren't a clean freak, they are not a good idea.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Maybe you should display responsible behaviour, and actually be responsible as opposed to acting, that should help.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
I had the same problem with my mom. All the more convincing I had to do was bring home two cats and shout "Merry Christmas!" Surprisingly, it worked and I have my cats.

But if you don't think that'll work for you, get a fish. They are very easy to take care of and you can buy everything (including the fish) at Wal-Mart. Whatever you do, don't get a guinea pig because they can smell so bad. Same thing with hamsters, mice, gerbils, and ferrets. If you aren't a clean freak, they are not a good idea.

Fish don't do ANYTHING. They swim around all day. I consider them living decorations more than pets.

tangerine

Awards
Don't be talking shit about rabbits. Rabbits are wonderful pets. Just because people don't take the time to train them properly doesn't mean they're bad. My rabbit is incredibly playful and loving. She doesn't "poop every 15 minutes". She's very clean and always goes to the bathroom in her cage because I trained her well and so she not only cares to be clean but she cares that I like my rooms to be clean. She loves to play and run around, and she's so loving that every time I stick my hand out and she sees it, she comes running over and sits up, sticking her head out to my hand to be pet. (She loves being pet, obviously!) She even licks me in adoration! Yes, rabbits can be a pain to train if you don't know what you're doing, just like any other animal. However, once a rabbit is properly trained it can be the most adorable and loving pet ever.

Rabbits are also very social and emotional. A happy rabbit sometimes dances and rolls around, which is always great to see! They also get embarrassed, which is adorable.

By the way, yes, rabbits eat their poop sometimes. However, they don't do it because they're stupid or disgusting. (Rabbits are extremely intelligent animals.) Rabbits have two types of feces, which you can see as those that are round pellets and those that are soft and mushy. They don't eat the round pellets, only the soft ones. It's actually very healthy for the rabbits to eat these feces because they contain bacterias that are essential nutrients that are beneficial to rabbits. You won't even see the rabbit eating its poop most of the time because they usually do it at night and they eat it right after they poop.

All of this to say: don't listen to those nay-sayers! Rabbits are great pets!

Key_of_Faith

Well, I forgot to mention something: my dad has heart disease, and his body is kinda weak. The bacteria and fleas and all these things that come with animals affect him. So I figured I should get an animal who doesn't walk around the house. Birds are perfect, but my mom is still against them. My sister already has a hamster, and he's got ringworm (for those who don't know, ringworm is a virus that appears on the skin shaped like a circle). Soo, what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back