• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► iPhone 5

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Call me when they make the iPhone 5(insert a letter)

I kinda treasure my iPhone 4 so I need at least one more upgrade between it to make it worth the money to get a new one.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Like the 5S (or whatever) will have any significant change over the 5. That's their pattern; major upgrade, small one, major upgrade, small one, etc.

I left the 4S alone and kept the 4 for the same reason you're waiting, except now the 5 is about as good as its gonna be for the next two years. Definitely preordering come Friday.

State

Awards
I've recently been interested in an iPhone, hoping this isn't a bad investment.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
They have once again been able to make their previous model look like garbage. Aesthetically it does look very nice and the screen size is perfect - it's just about the same size as my droid incredible 2 and I love that size. As for the new iOS, there were a number of the updates mentioned that I know for a fact I already have on my android phone. Turn by turn navigation? Got that. Silent mode? Got that. Facebook integration? Got that. There wasn't any real new features that made me want to run out and get one. But it's the physical phone with the 4G capability that has me interested - not the iOS. Honestly I would like to pick one up just for the iPod functionality. My 2nd gen iPod Touch is really showing it's age now and I have loved the aesthetics of the iPhone since the 4th.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I can honestly say that that's the main tipping point for me in the balance between the iPhone and Androids; the iPod. I got into a debate about some other user about this once before who was going on and on about how it's a fact that droids have better multimedia purposes, but my main argument was that I just love the interface of the iPod app more. And now that they're releasing a 64 GB, I've got that much more room for my music (I keep getting twice as much storage space every other year with their releases).

The new screen size and thinning of the phone, new headphones (even though I won't likely use them; I'll never go back now that I've got Beats by Dre headphones), new charger, 3D turn by turn navigation, are just a few things I'm excited about, even if they're not revolutionary. I've never claimed that Apple was extremely so (though their original iPhone certainly was the blueprint for the vast market out today). I'm willing to pay for a product that I value *shrug*

And I like the new look of iTunes. When's that releasing, the 19th as well?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
New iTunes will be out sometime in October.

Like the 5S (or whatever) will have any significant change over the 5. That's their pattern; major upgrade, small one, major upgrade, small one, etc.

I left the 4S alone and kept the 4 for the same reason you're waiting, except now the 5 is about as good as its gonna be for the next two years. Definitely preordering come Friday.

I'd rather wait for the upgraded 5(S) than this one because at least there will be more features in it than the iPhone 5. Not many, but it will be more than what I'll have with my 4 now. There isn't a drastic difference (or gap in years) in 4 and 5 that really makes me want to consider getting rid of my almost 2 year old phone to get this one. Maybe the screen and Passbook interest me, but beyond that I am fine with what I have. By time it gets to when I need to renew my contract, the upgraded 5 will probably be unveiled so I can wait.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Beats are overrated. You're paying for a name, and not actual quality.

These my friend are real headphones:

Amazon.com: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones: Electronics

Simply orgasmic. They are so much cheaper than Beats and the quality is infinitely superior.

I don't believe you can read. I didn't say Beats were the best out. My question was; "are you arguing that Beats IN-EAR HEADPHONES aren't better than APPLE'S?" Cause if so, you're an idiot.

Oran

Awards
To me the iphone 5 doesn't seem all that wowing to me. Nothing "revolutionary" just upgrades to whats already there in a sleeker shell which isn't necessarily a bad thing at all the iphone 5 looks really nice. Although I still think the whole storage size variations are an unfair way to raise the price. Sure you don't have to buy the 64GB and just go with the 8GB but then you'll get to that problem of running out of space and having to move/delete stuff around to deal with because you couldn't afford to put down another $100-200.

Oran

Awards
*Actually double checks article* Well then that made me look dumb 16Gigs for 199 doesn't seem to bad, whatever

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
The phone is so beautiful. Thats really the only thing it's got going for it that surpasses the SIII imo. It just might be enough though haha. Plus my upgrade is about to kick in for Verizon so I might as well just go do that.

For those of you who saw the iPhone 5 official video thing on apple, even though the actual features aren't revolutionary, did you ever think "Damn, Apple is really good at make this shit seem amazing"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back