• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D 60-70% complete!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
.Whoa! This is shocking to say the least. ..I am candidly finding it perplexing the multitude of you seemingly believe Dream. Drop. Distance. is factually releasing in Spring 2012 (especially early, Spring 2012 at that!) Square-Enix is notorious for providing "earlier" approximatiated releases for their games-only to have them postponed. Call me a pessimist...but the moment I read "Spring 2012" on the trailer-my brain immediately translated it as "Summer 2012." :p

A few examples: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days was slated to release Spring 2009, but actually released in Summer 2009. Birth By Sleep was given an approximated release in "2009" (more explicitly the late quarter.) Turns out, the game released in early 2010. There are plenty others, but these two come to mind and seem more germane to the discussion.

I am not saying the potential delay of this game will be "large" by any stretch of the word In fact, it may be 3 or 4 months into their initial plans. ...But... Spring 2012 sounds far too good to be true, even if they are "60-70%" complete. Alas, I do hope they can maintain this tentative projected release. Make it happen, Square. -_-

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I am very well aware of this. I'm just saying that clearly the Osaka team is doing a MUCH better job at getting stuff done than the Versus team.

I think they're just trying to perfect Versus so it doesn't get "mixed" reviews. They really really don't wanna rush this so that we get the best they can dish, and yet fans bag on them for "taking so long."

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
I think they're just trying to perfect Versus so it doesn't get "mixed" reviews. They really really don't wanna rush this so that we get the best they can dish, and yet fans bag on them for "taking so long."

...I believe it is less of "taking too long", than a case of this game being announced far too early. ...Just like Kingdom Hearts II. *sighs* Well...at least Kingdom Hearts II released within 3 years of its unveiling. Versus is pretty much double that. >_>

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
When I first saw Spring 2012 I immediately thought late June, early July. And I don't think we should be taking 60-70% to mean that its nearing completion. I think its probably closer to 60% than 70%.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I am very well aware of this. I'm just saying that clearly the Osaka team is doing a MUCH better job at getting stuff done than the Versus team.
Well to be fair the team was working with minimal team members, an unfinished engine, and working on new hardware. Not to mention the whole "world map" revision and the graphical upgrade. Now that FF13-2 is finishing up the team members should be siphoning off to work on Versus and voila! Full production is finally underway.

When was it announced that it was 40-50% done? Unless I'm mistaken, that was a while ago....nice to see the progression, but still.
Back in July I believe.

devilsTrinity

Stoked on that. I feel like that means Normura is on his game and knows the direction of 3 and where this one is taking it. Sounds awesome.

Versus news wouldn't hurt either. Excited for that as well.

Bobjam

Awards
I'm actually glad that its 60%-70% rather than 85/90%+ because it means that there is plenty more waiting to be shown and of course played when it comes to release. I am so excited, we have only seen a mere cut of the bigger picture, this is already looking like to top BBS in my eyes on many different levels.

Princess-Sammi

That's great news! :) Sounds as though we won't have to wait long after the Japanese release for the game to hit the States and Europe as well.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
As cool as it is too know it is 60% done...I really don't care that much. With all this info of new TWEWY characters, multiplayer, etc. I have lost any interest in mere numbers lol xP

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
so at jumpfest i hope we get a nice 8 minut trailer like they did with bbs
so more focus will be shifting onto this since 3/4 of the ff cyrstal series is pretty much done then soon i hope we find out what bbs vm 2 is asn i want versus to be done so we can start on kh3 i just hope the world doesn end

Mister E

I'm going to hazard a guess that the Colosseum building has something to do with the multiplayer feature. It wouldn't surprise me if it's similar to the Mirage Arena, as it worked pretty well in BBS. I'd like to see them follow through with the original plan of having Laguna be the proprietor of the Arena too; not necessarily with Laguna in this case, but considering it's Traverse Town, having another FF character in a similar position would be pretty cool.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

There were extenuating circumstances around the development of Versus as opposed to KH3D. So really, it's not fair to jump to such a conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back