• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D 60-70% complete!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patamon246

Awards
I suppose I can wait till then. KH3D is the main reason I'm thinking of getting one. Can't Nomura pick a platfrom and stick with it? I can't afford to go running after him :p

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I suppose I can wait till then. KH3D is the main reason I'm thinking of getting one. Can't Nomura pick a platfrom and stick with it? I can't afford to go running after him :p

It's not ultimately his choice. In this case, Nintendo approached him.

And in the end, it's not like you're being forced to buy it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
To add, a logical way of deciding to buy a system is to see if you can find at least 4-7 games you want on it before the purchase. If you can, then it is worth the buy. If not, wait and save your money then go back and see if you can justify the purchase.

Don't let one game be the only reason for getting a 3DS. It is fine for it to be the main reason, but not the only reason.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Here's my list of 3DS system sellers (I don't mean any one of them individually would have me sold on the system, I mean all of them together are what makes me want it) A lot of these aren't out yet so that's why I haven't gotten one. I'm also playing the waiting game with Nintendo because I know a "3DS Lite" is inevitable.

In no particular order:

Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Resident Evil Revelations
Kingdom Hearts DDD
Tales of the Abyss
and eventually Super Smash Bros. 4

Ok so just about all of them aren't out yet. Mega Man Legends 3 would have been on that list, but we all know how that turned out. :/

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Here's my list of 3DS system sellers (I don't mean any one of them individually would have me sold on the system, I mean all of them together are what makes me want it) A lot of these aren't out yet so that's why I haven't gotten one. I'm also playing the waiting game with Nintendo because I know a "3DS Lite" is inevitable.

In no particular order:

Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Resident Evil Revelations
Kingdom Hearts DDD
Tales of the Abyss
and eventually Super Smash Bros. 4

Ok so just about all of them aren't out yet. Mega Man Legends 3 would have been on that list, but we all know how that turned out. :/

No Bravely Default?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The way I view it, unless the system itself has some lasting value (adding to a collection, etc.) then I would need at least 3 games to come out that I would get. Keep in mind that each game is $40, so 7 or 8 games is going to be quite pricey in itself. However, I find 3 (lots of replay value games) to be a good fit. I know I am interested in:

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Mario Kart 7
Kid Icarus
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Super Smash Bros. ?????? (IDK what title will be)

and I'm probably going to only get 4 of those until one drops in price a lot (Kid Icarus most likely).

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I'm just gonna buy the game and play it on my friend's 3DS. Back when OoT came out, I resisted the urge to buy the whole system by one-shotting the game at his house and getting it out of my system. Obviously KH will take a bit longer, but it works out even for him because he won't have to buy the game himself.

LucasDraleau

.Whoa! This is shocking to say the least. ..I am candidly finding it perplexing the multitude of you seemingly believe Dream. Drop. Distance. is factually releasing in Spring 2012 (especially early, Spring 2012 at that!) Square-Enix is notorious for providing "earlier" approximatiated releases for their games-only to have them postponed. Call me a pessimist...but the moment I read "Spring 2012" on the trailer-my brain immediately translated it as "Summer 2012." :p

A few examples: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days was slated to release Spring 2009, but actually released in Summer 2009. Birth By Sleep was given an approximated release in "2009" (more explicitly the late quarter.) Turns out, the game released in early 2010. There are plenty others, but these two come to mind and seem more germane to the discussion.

I am not saying the potential delay of this game will be "large" by any stretch of the word In fact, it may be 3 or 4 months into their initial plans. ...But... Spring 2012 sounds far too good to be true, even if they are "60-70%" complete. Alas, I do hope they can maintain this tentative projected release. Make it happen, Square. -_-

There's also Type-0 which was delayed by an entire season, due to the earthquake, and then two weeks due to fan-based issues that they wanted to fix, so if we get a demo, which I'm not too sure we will, and it gets bad feedback, we might not see 3D in Japan until Summer, or something, or if we get any natural disaster that could affect production.

JustDarkMemories

I'm just gonna buy the game and play it on my friend's 3DS. Back when OoT came out, I resisted the urge to buy the whole system by one-shotting the game at his house and getting it out of my system. Obviously KH will take a bit longer, but it works out even for him because he won't have to buy the game himself.

That will probably be my solution too. I don't have and will never have enough money to buy every console that any kingdom hearts game could be on, so I just play at borrowed systems. Just like I did with BbS. And seriously, why do we have to buy every console with a KH title?:mad:
One of the main reasons square enix annoys me.
DDD is probably going to be fascinating with the 3D graphics and the multiplayer features, but is it worth it?

Nomura should stick on a system, get familiar with it and not change it until a better one is made. Of course I'm not talking about handhelds, KH is a serious title, that was disgraced when it got moved on NDS. PSP is still acceptable due to its graphics, but it's still handheld.

I'm talking about PS3 or XBOX 360. if it were to be my way, the PS3 would've probably prevailed due to KH's previous PS2 titles. Just imagine BbS, Days, re:Coded (okay maybe not re:Coded), and DDD on the PS3. It would take longer, but it would maintain KH's dignity! What do you think?:smile:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
No love for Paper Mario in this thread? :(

Nomura should stick on a system, get familiar with it and not change it until a better one is made. Of course I'm not talking about handhelds, KH is a serious title, that was disgraced when it got moved on NDS. PSP is still acceptable due to its graphics, but it's still handheld.

I'm talking about PS3 or XBOX 360. if it were to be my way, the PS3 would've probably prevailed due to KH's previous PS2 titles. Just imagine BbS, Days, re:Coded (okay maybe not re:Coded), and DDD on the PS3. It would take longer, but it would maintain KH's dignity! What do you think?
I think you're a graphics whore. High end graphics are NOT the be all, end all of gaming. & come on, its a series with a bunch of Disney characters. You know, 2D animations, some of whom were black & white? Is HD really that big of a difference for them? Hell I'd be happy if KH3 was on Wii simply because its still KH3 & the game itself is more important than the hardware.

Seriously, you're throwing around words like disgrace & dignity without any idea of what you're even saying.

I also highly doubt KH is such a big IP it would single handily make PS3 #1. But at even at 3rd place the PS3 still "prevailed" IMO.

Last edited:

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
...Wait. Is this the first KH game that was announced at a reasonable time and didn't take years to be released? Two years is pretty much the standard for Announced Game > Game Releases.

Huh.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Days took around two years to release. Re:Coded was even shorter, although for obvious reasons.

JustDarkMemories

No love for Paper Mario in this thread? :(

I think you're a graphics whore. High end graphics are NOT the be all, end all of gaming. & come on, its a series with a bunch of Disney characters. You know, 2D animations, some of whom were black & white? Is HD really that big of a difference for them? Hell I'd be happy if KH3 was on Wii simply because its still KH3 & the game itself is more important than the hardware.

Seriously, you're throwing around words like disgrace & dignity without any idea of what you're even saying.

I also highly doubt KH is such a big IP it would single handily make PS3 #1. But at even at 3rd place the PS3 still "prevailed" IMO.
You're taking my post too seriously ^_^. I'm not a graphics whore, that's for sure. I suggested the PS3 as an example, I'd much rather play KH on the Wii!
My point was to say how much I dislike that thing Nomura does with the systems :). I used PS3 just as an example. Don't misunderstand me ^_^

EDIT: I use big words cause I don't know others :p I'm still adjusting to english. :)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You're taking my post too seriously ^_^. I'm not a graphics whore, that's for sure. I suggested the PS3 as an example, I'd much rather play KH on the Wii!
My point was to say how much I dislike that thing Nomura does with the systems :). I used PS3 just as an example. Don't misunderstand me ^_^

EDIT: I use big words cause I don't know others :p I'm still adjusting to english. :)
Oh sorry, my bad. Its a little hard to detect sarcasm in text.

1 thing I wonder is if there were to be a KH HD collection is if it were to actually have DS/3DS games in the set. In theory the tablet controller for a Wii U version & Vita for a PS3 version could fill the bottom screen role.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
if information starts pouring out im really gonna have to stay away, im planning on surprise for DDD and then investigating and spoiling for KH3. bahaha

i just hope the english realease is closer to the japanese realease, i dont want to stay off here for too long, yaknoow? XP

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
And seriously, why do we have to buy every console with a KH title?:mad:
One of the main reasons square enix annoys me.

Just saying...you don't have to buy every console...you really don't have to buy any (Youtube). It is your choice to buy the console for the game, don't get mad at SE for you buying the console...by buying the console you are only furthering SE's plan to make it on more consoles. You do realize that if CoM did poorly, and then Days, BbS, and Re:Coded did badly as well (they were planned for handhelds simultaneously) then DDD would most likely not be on a handheld I bet. However, that isn't the case, all 4 of the games did amazing on their respective systems...and then people wonder why SE continues to make more games on handhelds...because they sell! lol xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back