• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Japan Release Date Confirmed + Edition info!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I feel like if they are going to the trouble to put it out in Japan as close to the same date 10 years ago that Kingdom Hearts came out, then I realistically Sept. 18th has to be the day for DDD's release in North America (if that makes sense). Plus, I have to imagine they want to show the game at E3 being that part of the reason E3 exists is to show your games to Western retailers and get them interested in it.
Would you honestly like to wait until September to play the game?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I would `3`

Honestly, the more spaced out games are, the better for me.

lol
How come? I'm just curious, but a lot of people would rather they get the game soon after the Jap release to keep them from spoilers.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
How come? I'm just curious, but a lot of people would rather they get the game soon after the Jap release to keep them from spoilers.

Huge backlog mostly. Plus my ps3 dying kinda threw a wrench into my plans. Haha, not to mention, I'm never tempted to look at spoilers or anything like that. I can restrain myself. :3

Eeh, in the end, it wouldn't matter to me because I know I probably won't get it on the first day. Unless it's released as late as September. o3o

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I feel like if they are going to the trouble to put it out in Japan as close to the same date 10 years ago that Kingdom Hearts came out, then I realistically Sept. 18th has to be the day for DDD's release in North America (if that makes sense). Plus, I have to imagine they want to show the game at E3 being that part of the reason E3 exists is to show your games to Western retailers and get them interested in it.

Yeah, no. I think we've said enough times that Square's probably not gonna fool around waiting for the anniversary.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Hey, E3 is June 5-7 this year. Perfect timing for 3D to be released 1-2 weeks after that event.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
will the bundle be out for the rest of the world or is it just japan that gets the cool stuff. i seems that japan and america are 1st priority when it come to release dates and what not.

Key to Truth

Awards
Ugh why you guys keep saying June? I want it no later than May dammit!!!

Keep dreaming, man. If it was in May we would have got info by now. I don't expect anything earlier than June. Even if they are working on the translation as they make the game... it's just not going to come out barely one month after the japanese release.

bigbadcloud

dont for get if they do do this the Usa pal version of DDD will probly have 2-3 secret bosses that japan version does not have pluse more and have more cut sceans and or new secret movie so adding all that foorm late may for japans game relesse date it will be eather july 20- aguest 12th when the pal version is relessed

Etherealin

I hope we don't have to wait until September. I know I'd spoil it for myself XD
For the anniversary box, would it be sold alongside the game in stores, or would you have to order it from Square's website, assuming Europe and the US get it too?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Would you honestly like to wait until September to play the game?

If that means getting the bundle, then possibly. I'm just saying for speculation, if SE is still on the fence about releasing the bundle in the US, and then they decide to do it, and it takes a while to produce all the systems and that makes the system get pushed back in order to release the bundle with the game, I'm okay with it. I highly doubt it, but I'm just saying there are ways I would wait for it ^_^

dont for get if they do do this the Usa pal version of DDD will probly have 2-3 secret bosses that japan version does not have pluse more and have more cut sceans and or new secret movie so adding all that foorm late may for japans game relesse date it will be eather july 20- aguest 12th when the pal version is relessed

That may not necessarily happen. Some examples of games that never had any extra content are CoM, Re:CoM, Days, and Re:Coded. Considering they have said that they are doing localization at the same time quite often, I doubt that they would put in any extra content.

I hope we don't have to wait until September. I know I'd spoil it for myself XD
For the anniversary box, would it be sold alongside the game in stores, or would you have to order it from Square's website, assuming Europe and the US get it too?

It hasn't been stated how the tenth anniversary box will be sold, but something tells me it will only be available on the SE site.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
spoiler: it's just a box that reads KH 10TH ANNIVERSARY.

In all seriousness though, it'll probably be on the SE site. I don't see why they'd make it exclusive to one region; it's the 10th anniversary all over the world. Your worries of it being inaccessible to the UK are probably unlikely.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That may not necessarily happen. Some examples of games that never had any extra content are CoM, Re:CoM, Days, and Re:Coded. Considering they have said that they are doing localization at the same time quite often, I doubt that they would put in any extra content.

Not to mention no extra content means a Final Mix is less likely as when they would add something to the EU/AUS/USA-release. ;)

sasuke 189

I hope there's at least a tenth anniversary ultimania that recaps all of the games. (I own all three of the final fantasy 20th anniversary ultimania's.)

Not to mention no extra content means a Final Mix is less likely as when they would add something to the EU/AUS/USA-release. ;)

The original NA/EU/AUS versions olf KH2 didn't add anything new to the game and it still got a final mix.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I hope there's at least a tenth anniversary ultimania that recaps all of the games. (I own all three of the final fantasy 20th anniversary ultimania's.)

The original NA/EU/AUS versions olf KH2 didn't add anything new to the game and it still got a final mix.

This is true, but it seems that they only make FM's of the main entries in the game. KH1, KH2, and Nomura has called this KH0. He has said that this game is as important, but he did not say this game is KH 2.5 or something like that, so I doubt there will be a Final Mix.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
spoiler: it's just a box that reads KH 10TH ANNIVERSARY.

In all seriousness though, it'll probably be on the SE site. I don't see why they'd make it exclusive to one region; it's the 10th anniversary all over the world. Your worries of it being inaccessible to the UK are probably unlikely.

Not necessarily. Even with anniversaries, SE generally keeps the special stuff in Japan only. Of course, KH is more popular internationally than in Japan so that makes our changes slightly higher. It just seems with past experiences, we shouldn't expect to get any of this special stuff.

At least it is better to keep our hopes down and be pleasantly surprised if we do get the 10th Anniversary Box (whatever it may be) than hyped up and sorely disappointed if we don't get it.

This is true, but it seems that they only make FM's of the main entries in the game. KH1, KH2, and Nomura has called this KH0. He has said that this game is as important, but he did not say this game is KH 2.5 or something like that, so I doubt there will be a Final Mix.

Nomura calls BBS "KH0"; not DDD.

Nomura has said plenty of times that DDD is like a main game. It is the buildup for KH3. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "DDD FM". I'm hoping not, but there is still the chance.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Not necessarily. Even with anniversaries, SE generally keeps the special stuff in Japan only. Of course, KH is more popular internationally than in Japan so that makes our changes slightly higher. It just seems with past experiences, we shouldn't expect to get any of this special stuff.

At least it is better to keep our hopes down and be pleasantly surprised if we do get the 10th Anniversary Box (whatever it may be) than hyped up and sorely disappointed if we don't get it.

Nomura calls BBS "KH0"; not DDD.

Nomura has said plenty of times that DDD is like a main game. It is the buildup for KH3. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "DDD FM". I'm hoping not, but there is still the chance.

Well if that happens let's hope 3DS homebrew is made and SOPA/PIPA isn't passed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back