• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KHInsider's E3 2013 Coverage!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: KHInsider's E3 2013 Coverage!

And Sephiroth0812 to what incident are you referring?

Well, I say "incident" but that may actually not be entirely correct in terms of semantics, as it boiled practically down to this:

Step 1: KH 2 was ridiculously overhyped by the fanbase for more than a year.
Step 2: Expectations skyrocketed all over the place.
Step 3: KH 2 was released and caused a huge rift in the fanbase with much love on one and even more hate on the other side because it didn't met the overblown expectations.
Step 4: On top of this the pacing, writing and dialogue of the game was in some cases really mediocre which caused even more discontent.

The way this is going right now with the fanbase, the concern of a repeat of all the above may not be entirely unfounded.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: KHInsider's E3 2013 Coverage!

She made little paper dream eaters that were adorable

WHY DID SE NOT POST THOSE ARE TWITTER?!?!? GAHHHHHH!!! THAT MEOWJESTY ONE WAS SOOOOOO NICE >___<

Get on it SE!!!!

Candy-GIF-8.gif

I would just like to share with you Gametrailer's list of games that people were most excited for after the Sony conference.

http://i.imgur.com/i3k87IV.png?1?6102

I cannot say I'm shocked. KH3 is definitely more anticipated than FFXV overall. Although by very little, I think KH3 definitely wins. IGN did a "Which conference won?" poll and as the main image they had Mario, Master Chief, and Sora from the KH3 trailer. Likewise, right after the Sony conference, they had a "all confirmed games for PS4 so far" list and the main image was Sora from DDD. KH3 is clearly a huge announcement because a lot of people knew FFXV was going to be discussed, KH3...barely anyone.

The way this is going right now with the fanbase, the concern of a repeat of all the above may not be entirely unfounded.

Oh no, it will definitely happen again. It happens with every game out there that some like it a lot and some aren't pleased, it just happens even more in overhyped games :( And KH3 right now is the definition of hype >_<

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: KHInsider&#039;s E3 2013 Coverage!

Well, I say "incident" but that may actually not be entirely correct in terms of semantics, as it boiled practically down to this:

Step 3: KH 2 was released and caused a huge rift in the fanbase with much love on one and even more hate on the other side because it didn't met the overblown expectations.
Step 4: On top of this the pacing, writing and dialogue of the game was in some cases really mediocre which caused even more discontent.

And the bad thing is that KH3 is in more danger of being downright bad story wise. Hopefully they'll wrap it up nicely.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

And the bad thing is that KH3 is in more danger of being downright bad story wise. Hopefully they'll wrap it up nicely.

I tend to partly agree with that notion simply because of how many things KH III has (and should) address in terms of both plot points and characters. In the set-up we have now there is great potential for a true epic, but also several stumbling blocks they can trip over easily.
It will surely depend on how much time and effort Nomura is willing to let the team put into the scenario, the dialogue and who they get as scriptwriters.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Oh Okay. I wasn't really active in the fan community back then so I didn't really go through all the pre-KH2 stuff. But man, if it was that bad, we're in for a shitstorm.

At the very least, there's no way they could distribute the plot elements as badly as they did with KH2 and DDD. I think the worst case scenario would be that the resolutions/inclusion of some oft speculated elements would not be up to the imagined scenarios we've built up in our minds. Which once again boils down to the anticipation and for some people it is indeed inevitable. Which is why I only ever imagine these scenarios within a given frame, like Lea's story in DDD.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

This has nothing to do with KH but we got a chance to take a picture with FFXIVARR Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida!

BMnMpP4CYAAW2MP.jpg
YAY! I'm glad you both got to meet someone amazing. :D

omg i cannot get over how stunning the paopu's are sign ;~;

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Nomura and his perfectionism I can't he is adorable

Taking them out and arranging them all just right with perfect lighting before letting anyone take a picture xD

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Nomura and his perfectionism I can't he is adorable

Taking them out and arranging them all just right with perfect lighting before letting anyone take a picture xD
This is literally the most adorable thing I've ever heard. Nomura is just a big kid and it's really endearing.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Sora is Nomura's favorite character out of all those that he's created and Noctis is his second favorite ;A;

They're his bbys of the sky ;~;

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

And let the Sora x Noctis slash fiction commence!

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

Haven't seen this anywhere, but Kingdom Hearts 3 reached #2 on GameTrailers' GDEX, surpassing games like MGSV, FFXV, AC4 etc. :D

GT Countdown Video - Top GDEX E3 Games | GameTrailers

WHAT IS GDEX?

Every day we talk a lot about games. We read about them. We watch videos about them. But which games are breaking through the clutter and becoming the talk of the Internet?

Welcome to GDEX, a new platform that tracks the social commentary about games and helps all of us understand the answer to that very question.

GDEX is powered by you, even though you don't know it. That comment you made this morning about The Last of Us on Twitter? Yep, that's already factored into the GDEX.

Built in partnership with Mass Relevance, GDEX scans over 500 million social media comments a day and uses those as the fuel for its fire. GDEX looks at what you publicly post about games on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Google+ and inputs those comments into a proprietary new algorithm.

That's a fancy way of explaining what you say on social media counts. Your words are translated into math that allows us to "score" the buzz around every game out of 100 and compare titles (and consoles) to each other. Because we're gamers and gamers like to keep score.

GDEX tracks how many times a game is mentioned on social media, but it also looks deeper. We look at the sentiment of conversation. Say something nice about a game and it will help the score increase; slam something and the opposite happens. And we even track how far your word travels. The social reach of what you say matters. So if you get a bunch of ReTweets on Twitter your voice gets louder in our index. Yes, the more people like you the more power you have. Welcome to life.

GDEX is a score but it's also a platform. The website lets you dive deep into games to see how a score has changed over time, or even look at the most re-tweeted comments about a title. You can even see if a game has more positive or negative sentiment and other data to help answer "Why" a game is getting a certain score. Don't like the score? Hate to break it to you but it's not us, it's you.

So talk about games on social media, and more importantly, tell us what you really think about those games. And come back to GDEX to see how a game's score changes over time, or watch if the Xbox One or the PlayStation 4 ultimately wins at E3.

GDEX - the social score for gaming.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

So Edge-Online got the last interview? Uhhhh weird.

The relationship with Disney has [remained] the same. Actually the contact person at Disney is still the same person from Kingdom Hearts 1, and Disney has given us lots of requests in terms of the Kingdom Hearts franchise and they did mention some smaller titles for other platforms, but our common, most important goal was to [complete] Kingdom Hearts 3. So it’s the same.

This is interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I wish! ;A; But I know he received them, so that's all I can ask for~

Gram

Banned
Awards

As you know, it took a while to actually announce Kingdom Hearts 3, but in the meantime we announced several spin-off titles in the series, and each time for the spin-off title we did experiment and challenge with new things. So we did definitely feel like we have reached enough experimentation and experiences and also I do the development of Final Fantasy, so I feel like for this Kingdom Hearts 3 we are putting everything – all of the experimentation and experiences – into this new title.
Loved this part most, makes me excited for what he has in mind. 8D

I wish! ;A; But I know he received them, so that's all I can ask for~
There's no way he couldn't have loved such adorable masterpieces! 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back