• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Re: Mix is 80-90% Complete!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
So how is the whole "Tarzan" thing even going to work with this re-release? I recall there were a lot of headaches surrounding that world rights-wise.

I would think that since essentially it is an adaptation of a game that already existed when Disney had the relevant rights to use Tarzan, that they would be allowed to use it. If not that would be pretty crummy if some all-powerful copyright lord could retroactively change games that are essentially 10 years old :/

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Well, FF X had a trailer for KH. KH FM has a trailer for FF X-2. I think Dragon Quest had a trailer for FFXII.
It's not uncommon, it just feels unlikely.

FFX had a trailer for KH? was it unlockable, cuz I didnt see it in the menu for the NA edition.

Tarzan is public domain now. They don't need the rights.
Not completely true. Something, whether the stories or just the characters, remains with burroughs' estate.

Disney also began selling Tarzan on DVD again so I think things are good.

This. They never lost the right to redistribute; just to create new material. Been saying that for years.
Any news is good news.

This Just In: Osaka got hit with something so nasty, it wiped all KH HD 1.5 files from square's HDDs, cloud computing, and other server-related things.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
ajmrowland;5938142\ said:
This Just In: Osaka got hit with something so nasty, it wiped all KH HD 1.5 files from square's HDDs, cloud computing, and other server-related things.

I hope you're joking. You are joking right?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yes I am joking. Please do not find that last comment to be true.

Last edited by a moderator:

reimeille

Wow, I wasn't expecting it to be done already ?? I don't know how developmen works, but I expected it to take into the early part of next year...

This is a good thing, although it's making me anxious that it's getting so close and they still haven't announced foreign release dates for any of us. I actually had a dream the other day that me and my sister were in a bizarre gamestore (for no reason that I could remember??) and we picked up a copy.

Maybe this is a sign ? I hope it is.

Also in the dream in the little papers that are in the game cases there was a Kingdom Hearts drawing contest lol maybe that part won't be true, but it sure was funny (the examples on the paper were like, stick figures hauheuha ehaue)

birthbysleep86

Website
www.facebook.com
I wish they would bring some new news about it be localized in NA. I have no doubt it will be though cause Nomura he pretty much wanted to being in a newer fan base so so every one can follow the story.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
If they don't get the rights to Tarzan, they could always replace it with a finished version of the Jungle Book world that was planned for Birth by Sleep. Replacing one jungle with another makes sense. I would actually love for this to happen. The Jungle Book is ten times cooler and more nostalgia inducing than Tarzan.

FFX had a trailer for KH? was it unlockable, cuz I didnt see it in the menu for the NA edition

It's on the bonus DVD that came with FFX International, both in Europe and Japan.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If they don't get the rights to Tarzan, they could always replace it with a finished version of the Jungle Book world that was planned for Birth by Sleep. Replacing one jungle with another makes sense. I would actually love for this to happen. The Jungle Book is ten times cooler and more nostalgia inducing than Tarzan.

They don't need to get the rights anew because the Tarzan world in KH 1 is fine. At the time KH 1 was made, they had the rights so it can be used again.
The only thing they can't do is to include the world in any new KH game unless they get the rights back.

KH1 Final Mix included in 1.5 ReMix is just a pimped version for PS3, nothing entirely new, so they should be fine with Tarzan.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
This. They never lost the right to redistribute; just to create new material. Been saying that for years.

The problem is that HD NA Final Mix could technically fall under the banner of "new material" since we never got the Final Mix content in an American edition. That's why I am not at all sure that this will hit America... I would love it to, but after Type-0 I am not getting my hopes up.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The problem is that HD NA Final Mix could technically fall under the banner of "new material" since we never got the Final Mix content in an American edition. That's why I am not at all sure that this will hit America... I would love it to, but after Type-0 I am not getting my hopes up.

KH3D having the message in the game is clue enough this is going to hit our shores.

Final Mix content is not "new material" because it has already been in a released game already, and Tarzan material is still only the first film as it was used in the NA/EU version. FM content didn't add anything to that.

"New material" means making new Tarzan things.

Last edited:

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Typo-0 is a totally different matter. That game is on a (and this is kinda hard to say) dead handheld console. To them, releasing the game is a risk. KH HD however is on the PS3, which is still very alive.

Besides, the final mix content shouldn't even be considered new because it was made many years ago. Remastering this doesn't make it new content either.

In short, you're being too pessimistic.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I don't think anyone has to worry about Tarzan or about there not being a Western release.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
KH1 Final Mix included in 1.5 ReMix is just a pimped version for PS3, nothing entirely new, so they should be fine with Tarzan.

I do realise that. The Jungle Book thing was just wishful thinking on my part. :p

Typo-0 is a totally different matter. That game is on a (and this is kinda hard to say) dead handheld console. To them, releasing the game is a risk.

A bit off topic but I think you're wrong. Releasing it for the PSP would be anything but a risk. Assuming they don't want to spend any time porting it to the PSV, they will most likely release it as a physical limited collector's edition for the PSP and then promote the game as a downloadable title for the PSV, which oddly enough could end up being a killer app for that console.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
A bit off topic but I think you're wrong. Releasing it for the PSP would be anything but a risk. Assuming they don't want to spend any time porting it to the PSV, they will most likely release it as a physical limited collector's edition for the PSP and then promote the game as a downloadable title for the PSV, which oddly enough could end up being a killer app for that console.
English localization almost done, but… | Operation Suzaku
But things went wrong near the beginning of 2012. PSP software and hardware sales had not been doing very well in the US–namely SE’s own PSP titles which had failed to perform at retail earlier in 2011. Square Enix reacted to this by essentially shelving Type-0 for good, which is evident from the lack of any sort of dialogue on the game since hints of an overseas version were last shared in the game’s Ultimania guide book.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
But that doesn't really make my suggestion any less valid. Releasing a very limited run of physical copies for the PSP and then promote it as a digital PSP game for the PSV would be a fairly good option. By far the best one they have at this point, unless they are willing to port it to the PSV with a higher resolution which would obviously mean more promotion in Japan as well. If they've already spent money on translating and dubbing it, they've got very little to lose by at least releasing it digitally outside of Asia.

But Square Enix's lack of support for the PSV in general is rather odd considering how many games they put out for the PSP! They were one of the main reasons why the PSP eventually became a success here in Europe. Of course, Sony is doing a really bad job at promoting the console. It would be nice to have a PSV version of DDD and maybe even the HD collection released for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back