• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 2 Sora and Roxas Play Arts Kai Revealed at SDCC!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

San Diego Comic Con begins in less than 24 hours, and the team at Square Enix is working hard to set up all their demo stations and merchandise displays for the event. With a single tweet to show off their displays, they've also revealed some new products for the very first time! 

Of course, with the upcoming release of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix, it's only natural that this be of Sora and Roxas! As you can see, they are not yet available for purchase and are only prototypes, but hopefully more information will follow soon.

Click to enlarge!

You can also see a variety of previously released figurines available for purchase, including Dream Drop Distance's Tron Legacy Sora and Riku Play Arts Kai, as well as their standard appearances. They will cost $80 each including tax, and purchasing one of these four will grant you the opportunity to receive an autograph by none other than Series Director Tetsuya Nomura! 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3!

Source: Kingdom Hearts Twitter

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Oh my gosh. Look at that. A Roxas PAK! I'm melting! It even comes with Oathkeeper and Oblivion! I'm so ordering that the second it's announced to be available worldwide!

And Sora, too, of course. But I'm more excited about Roxas because there have been more than a few of Sora PA / PAK already. Now, if only the BbS trio received the PAK treatment as well...

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
New figures for 2.5?

Could it be--the fabled Birth by Sleep merch?!

No... of course it isn't.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Right? I swear, every few months when they start showing new prototype Play Arts Kai, everyone goes "Where's TAV?"

And every time, we just get more DC Comics, more Metal Gear, more FF7, more Sora... it's crazy!

New figures for 2.5?

Could it be--the fabled Birth by Sleep merch?!

No... of course it isn't.

We got some TAV keychains I guess :(

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Updated with more images. The KH3D Sora and Riku PAKs will also be available, and all 4 will cost $80 each with tax.

Last edited:

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
I'm' totally getting that Roxas and Sora PAK @_@ They look amazing. Uggh and then there's the Limit form Sora that I want as well. MY WALLET. WHY!?

Man I'm too excited. My friend told me that they would come out with new KH PAKs sooner or later and she was right haha

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Dear SE,

Dakota-Fanning-Crying-Because-Of-a-Broken-Heart-Sad-Gif.gif

I'm so shocked and so equally disappointed I cannot even >_< Don't get me wrong, I love Roxas and KH2 Sora converted into PAK forms, but we already have a Play Arts KH2 Sora, Roxas, and all the keyblades they're holding. TAV are consistently ignored and if they aren't making TAV figures for 2.5, I really don't know when they would ever get made given KH3 will OBVIOUSLY be Sora in his new duds along with possibly Riku and Kairi in new dudes but TAV will NOT be spotlighted in KH3.

Which is why I've been holding out on TAV for 2.5 for awhile now (secretly), I really hope these are NOT the only figures for 2.5. Don't get me wrong, I love these figures, they're awesome, but I'm just crushed cause I want TAV (mainly Aqua) THAT BADLY!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Seriously, how often do they want/need to rehash Sora figures, lol, it's really getting somewhat stale/trite in the figure department with only Sora figures around, especially if these "new" ones already exist.

How about finally releasing a KH 2 Riku figure, a Xemnas figure, Ansem SoD, TAV, Vanitas, MX, Naminé?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Can I please just get my Terra figure already? No, gimme the whole trio with Aqua and Ven.

That aside, the Roxas figure looks great. Almost consider replacing the one I have now since the legs don't bend at all (anyone else have this problem?)
Sora looks off, is his upper torso too high or disconnected? Doesn't look right to me. Also those kingdom keys look quite inferior to the older ones

bazimon

I'm not usually a fan of the Play Arts, just the way they are painted and their overall appearance (I prefer Nendoroids) but I could really get into the Roxas one. It looks much better then the one released ages ago...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not usually a fan of the Play Arts, just the way they are painted and their overall appearance (I prefer Nendoroids) but I could really get into the Roxas one. It looks much better then the one released ages ago...

I agree, and personally I wish they made more full-size static figures which look much more attractive on a shelf than the PAKs with their joints and pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back