• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Expansion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzuku

With Nomura's latest talk of KH becoming an annual series and possible new sub series based on KH being released, how big do you think KH will become? Will it be as important to Squeenix as FF and DQ in the future

Last edited:
A

Azrael

Though I may be wrong, I'm guessing that Kingdom Hearts is going to become the next Final Fantasy.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
He said "a game a year" simply to show that they're going to spread out releases, not churn out stuff anually.
...Ugh when exactly did he say there was a subseries?

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
He said "a game a year" simply to show that they're going to spread out releases, not churn out stuff anually.

right here

-- In two years it will be the 10th anniversary for the series. Will we have KHIII by then?

Nomura: No no, we’re going to keep that one a secret (laugh). Like I said before, we still have to release “Mystery” game that will connect the series.

-- Can you currently say whether the series will end with the third game, or anything else about it?

Nomura: “Kingdom Hearts” is Sora’s story, but the series that we’re developing now is also the story of one other person. You could say that it is a series where that person is the core.

-- The series you’re developing now!?

Nomura: “I can’t say anything more than that.”

Suzuku

He very clearly said :

-- Can you currently say whether the series will end with the third game, or anything else about it?

Nomura: “Kingdom Hearts” is Sora’s story, but the series that we’re developing now is also the story of one other person. You could say that it is a series where that person is the core.

And as for a game a year, once again, very clearly he said:

-- Since you’ll be changing so much, does that mean we can expect a Final Mix?

Nomura: Well, first we’ll have to see just how much it becomes different from the domestically released version. But we’d really like to be able to release one “Kingdom Hearts” game a year. We don’t want several years to go by without there being anything

Take it as you want though.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
if you actually read the entire quote together and think about it from the Japanese point of view, they've been doing close to a game a year ON AVERAGE.

if the 10th anniversary is 2 years away, that means the series is about 8 years old or so.

KH
KH: FM
CoM
KHII
KHII: FM+
coded
Days
BbS

8 games
8 years

now granted, coded, Days, and BbS all came out within one year of each other, but if S-E paced themselves better it could have been one game a year since technically there's been 8 games including the FMs which is implied in the quote.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
I hate this expansion. I miss my KH1 and my KH2, I miss the series I loved before they started milking it for all the cash they could. Fuck Roxas.

Suzuku

I hate this expansion. I miss my KH1 and my KH2, I miss the series I loved before they started milking it for all the cash they could. Fuck Roxas.
That doesn't make sense. It's the same series with the same gameplay. In fact, gameplay has become way better and more interesting than first and second KH games.

siegleeagle

Okay im tired of a lot of people saying that the series is getting horrible and that S-E is "milking it"! Everyone has opinions I know but its the way some people state it like its fact and everyone should think the same way! I like ALL of the games they have made and I think that the series should keep going for a long time because I like long overarching plots and this is my opinion, but I don't try to state it like the series has to end or it has to keep going. Besides we don't know what the future things will be like until they are here.

Xiao sry if it seems like I was targeting you cause I wasn't, your post was just the closest one that was an example of someone who wants the series to end. I hope you don't feel mad or angry or upset.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
That doesn't make sense. It's the same series with the same gameplay. In fact, gameplay has become way better and more interesting than first and second KH games.

I mean to say that I don't like the storylines that aren't focused on Sora. To me, when it's not focused on Sora, it's not the same series.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
I mean to say that I don't like the storylines that aren't focused on Sora. To me, when it's not focused on Sora, it's not the same series.

i know exactly what you're saying, but for the fun of it i'm gonna play Nomura here....

Nomura: But Xiao, DON'T YOU SEE, if we don't have eleven million games to explain loose ends and plotholes that are Sora's story you won't truly understand it. we need them ALL to know ALL of Sora's story.

Frozura

(off topic but this thread is an exact copy of mine...)

Back to you, that is exactly what it is, it's not going to be the same series, it will be a different series in the same franchise.

OSM1017

I hate this expansion. I miss my KH1 and my KH2, I miss the series I loved before they started milking it for all the cash they could.
This. It's a complete and utter mess, and I'm just struggling waiting for it to finally end.

GIVE ME MY CLOSURE ALREADY NOMURA.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
This. It's a complete and utter mess, and I'm just struggling waiting for it to finally end.

Well thats you IMO to me the only useless one in the series was Days. Besides KH will end with 3. And then this new series will be introduced.

Suzuku

The new series is being introduced before even the next KH game, which isn't 3, comes out. Read. :/

And I'm sick of people complaining about Nomura releasing more KH games as if you're being forced to play them. Basic rule of economics, where there is demand there is supply. They're not forcing you to keep playing the games.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
I don't really have a problem with Nomura releasing more KH games so it's okay with me but i'd like to see the end of the series in the near future...

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Seriously just end the series. Can't make a game go on forever except for FF

Birnax

Xiao is talking about the story, not the gameplay. Btw, I agree with what she and OSM1017said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back