• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lucid dreams

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

1+1=FISHXD

So ive been trying to lucid dream know for a week xD haven't still been able to accomplish it though :frown: and i was wondering if any of you guys have ever lucid dreamed before?btw for those of you who dont know what that is its just when you realize your dreaming and you can do whatever the hell you want in your dream:cool::cool: So have any of you lucid dreamed before and are some of you lucid dreamers?btw i can sometimes figure out im dreaming but i cant control my body in it :frown::frown:

Youniquee

Awards
I think I have lucid dreams all the time...Like I do stuff in them, that makes it seem like it's real life. Then I wake up and it's a dream o_o Like today I had an odd one...Can't remember what but I felt like I was there.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
So ive been trying to lucid dream know for a week xD haven't still been able to accomplish it though :frown: and i was wondering if any of you guys have ever lucid dreamed before?btw for those of you who dont know what that is its just when you realize your dreaming and you can do whatever the hell you want in your dream:cool::cool: So have any of you lucid dreamed before and are some of you lucid dreamers?btw i can sometimes figure out im dreaming but i cant control my body in it :frown::frown:
Are you at least following the steps towards lucid dreaming? Just sounds to me like you're lying in bed and maybe just telling yourself "I will lucid dream tonight" over and over again, which is a mis-application of a very small part of achieving the lucid dream state.

1+1=FISHXD

Are you at least following the steps towards lucid dreaming? Just sounds to me like you're lying in bed and maybe just telling yourself "I will lucid dream tonight" over and over again, which is a mis-application of a very small part of achieving the lucid dream state.
xD im actually follwing the steps i do reality checks write in a dream journal of my latest dream and like you said ill tell myself your goanna lucid dream xD

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I've done it a couple times on accident. Didn't know what the hell it was until I started hearing about it. It doesn't help that I also have an incredibly active imagination and that state was just all too quick to jumping on any thought bubble I had. Four winged birds, three headed leopards, gigantic, neon, mushroom-like trees reaching into the sky with floating islands. Rainbow colored, insectoid, cat-beasts prowling in pitch black night. Yeaaaahhh. Kinda fun in retrospect but, absolutely terrifying when you have no idea as to what you're doing.

Really, I think what it takes is making your mind tense enough to where you don't actually fall into a deep sleep while still hovering between REM cycles and full alertness. Sure, you can try to chant mantras to get focused but, really, once you've said a word enough it just becomes a sound to your subconscious. If you're one to fall asleep quickly, this may be difficult for you. I think the best advice I've ever seen on lucid dreaming is to get a timer that just beeps on a set schedule to keep knocking you out of deep sleep while still not being enough to cause you to snap the trance. The trick is to make your mind believe after enough beeps that, any second, there will be a sound to snap you awake but, to have had the timer set to have an irregular delay between normal beeps, causing your consciousness to think that there was a beep due to pattern and waking you up into the dream.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I have times where I dream and then the next day it happens, I don't know its weird, and sometimes I get a deja vu.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I have times where I dream and then the next day it happens, I don't know its weird, and sometimes I get a deja vu.

That happens to me pretty often. I tend to be kind of a lucid dreamer, but I probably have more non-lucid dreams.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
is it the next step in human evolution where we can see the future, I don't know it seems to happen more and more.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
That happens to me pretty often. I tend to be kind of a lucid dreamer, but I probably have more non-lucid dreams.
I've had this happen but, it's more of a sign of a way too mundane life instead of being aware in a dream because you're only aware it wasn't real until after the fact.

is it the next step in human evolution where we can see the future, I don't know it seems to happen more and more.
I doubt it's happening more now than it ever did before in history. It's just that it's far more easier to tell others about it thanks to technology and how people won't be screaming, 'THEY'RE POSSESSED' or 'it's a new prophet!' any time you explain you just dreamed about flying cars and talking creatures.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
I've had this happen but, it's more of a sign of a way too mundane life instead of being aware in a dream because you're only aware it wasn't real until after the fact.

I doubt it's happening more now than it ever did before in history. It's just that it's far more easier to tell others about it thanks to technology and how people won't be screaming, 'THEY'RE POSSESSED' or 'it's a new prophet!' any time you explain you just dreamed about flying cars and talking creatures.

It would depend on what considers prophecies and anything of the like right? I think as one dwells deeper into the subconscious and all of that cool mumbo-jumbo the line between chemical induced hallucination and divination seems rather thin, but how are we to believe that there is meaning to everything and anything. Depending on how one goes about their life with their sets of beliefs, but then what about those self-proclaimed prophets?

I think it is amazing how the human mind is able to conjure up all of these crazy things, and while there may be meaning behind it I'm not exactly sure Freudian theory can accurately explain the meaning behind a pink bunny dancing to Country.

Maxyli138

I have lucid dreams when I least expect them. But when they do happen, I don't really do anything about it. Although I remember having a dream when I was younger where I was trying to convince the people in my dream that they weren't real and when I woke up they would disappear.

The dreams I have most often are so realistic that I actually believe it when wake up. Like I didn't do my homework, or I hung out with my friends, or something that could've happened in real life. Then when I go through my day I realize that it was only just a dream.

Sparks

gone
I've only realized that I was lucid dreaming a few times, but i'm pretty sure that i've done it more often then that. I have such a hard time remembering my dreams that I can't quite tell. But, I do know that when I can remember my dreams, I can tell there was difference between if I was lucid dreaming and if I was not.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
The only lucid dream I've had involved my mother trying to kill me with a lethal injection. That was pretty much the giveaway that I was dreaming. Still, I couldn't end the dream or control elements in it, which totally sucked.

Has anyone consciously influenced their dreams à la Inception? Or is lucid dreaming limited to awareness?

What would be awesome, though, would be to lucid dream, have access to all your memories, spend your sleep studying, and actually remember it all when you wake up and sit your exam. That way you can do whatever you want in the day with a clean conscience.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I always have very lucid dreams. And when I don't have them, it is usually when I am stressed or in a down point of my life.

I've been able to control a few of them like I was awake, but most of the time I'm just at the point where I know it is a dream and go along with it. I think it is better to let your dreams be what they are instead of controlling them, anyways. They are meant to be a form of therapy for the mind, so controlling them sorta takes away from that...unless you have a lot of nightmares or night terrors.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I'm half-the-time in my own created fantasy world anyway so I focus on something I want or desire the most and dream of it sometimes.

And sometimes it's just the minute-long dark then wake-up scenario and others are full-blown nightmares and in some of the nightmares I get the falling sensation and feel like I fell onto my mattress which in itself is scary and makes me not want to go back to sleep sometimes Q~Q

Some things should never see the light of day, let alone be given for mankind to tinker with.

metrifyx

Oh, so one time I somehow had a lucid dream inside a lucid dream inside a dream. Inception, much?

Also when I was six, I dreamt I was in a burning city being attacked by monstrously huge tarantulas (blame Eight Legged Freaks). So I was terrified out of my mind, until I realized that I could do anything I wanted. I teleported to the top of a skyscraper and beat them all up Smash Bros. style. It was righteous.

Usually when I realize I'm dreaming I wake up. Other times I can't do anything and have to endure the rest of it. Those two were the only exceptions.

1+1=FISHXD

spend your sleep studying, and actually remember it all when you wake up and sit your exam. That way you can do whatever you want in the day with a clean conscience.
i dont remember where i read it or watched it but if you lucid dream and you make it so that your taking a test and you passed it you will gave better results on your test xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back