• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Multi-platform

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

should Kingdom Hearts be a multi-platform game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Ok, this is nice and all but could you guys get back on topic. We don't want to be filling this with spam that would get this thread locked.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I'm going for multi-platform. KH3 could be a delayed exclusive to the PS3, if power's such an issue.. then after the new Nintendo system comes out. (which might be sometime in the next 2-3 years.. The lesser number (2) might be about the same time it might take for KH3 to come out..) KH is already a immensly popular series without being multi-platform, but if it goes multi-platfrom, it will be epically popular, because we'll surely add lots of Nintendo and maybe even Microsoft fans. Hey, TimeSplitters became a decently popular game by branching out after TS1, so maybe branching out can help KH.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I still think that multi-platform wouldn't be a good idead.

Still, don't post unless it really is something new or worthwhile.

nate_shuuya29

Bronze Member
well. maybe in your opinion and in the opinion of most sony fans.... but the best thing for nomura and square enix to do, would be to make it multi-platform. and i think they may be using FF13 as a test for KH3 if alot of fans stick with FF13 still then they will probably make KH3 multiplatform.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Oh god, you have no idea how many times I've heard of this. Its the same excuse that many 360 owners say because they think VersusXIII will also come out in their system. That was before the trailer shown at their private party last month, where at the end of the trailer it said only for PS3. While no trailer for XIII said exclusive for PS3, it only said for PS3.

First of all, if I remember correctly. They didn't even come up with the idea of making XIII multi-platform until a few days before E3. Second, it is pretty doubtful that FFXIII is a test to see if it does good. Third, Nomura is a Sony fan. Fourth, it's not the best thing for S-E to do, they didn't make FFXIII multi-platform because they were broke, it for some other reason I forgot. Fifth, the 360 is mostly for shooter fans and not RPGs. Sure they are good RPGs in it but still, most people buy it for like Halo or Gears of War.

All that being said, keep dreaming. Just because one game goes to the 360, doesn't mean that more games will.

Valamphias

The 360 has more decent RPGs on it than the PS3 does - if this trend continues, I may have a Microsoft console before its all said and done.

But making KH3 a multiplatform title is the best decision from a sales potential standpoint - it may not make that much of a difference in S-E's home territory, but worldwide the sales potential grows by quite a bit.

And Square Enix has several RPGs on the 360 now, so the "1 game doesn't mean much" argument fails.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Neo, you fail to realize how much revenue Square Enix would get by making a major series like Kingdom Hearts multi-platform.

Fourth, it's not the best thing for S-E to do

Yes, it is, the sales would double.

Fifth, the 360 is mostly for shooter fans and not RPGs. Sure they are good RPGs in it but still, most people buy it for like Halo or Gears of War.

If that's not a fucking stereotype, I don't know what is.

Terra215

ok, so each KH game came out exclusively to only one console right? my question is WHY?? can't they just make a different version, but same story, for each console. and it's not just KH, Square seems to do it with like every game they have. i just don't get why they would keep an awesome game on one console when they can make more money by making it a multi-platformer. tell me what you think :thumbsup::thumbsup:

P.S. The kingdom hearts section is also the section for general kingdom hearts right??
I made a thread like this a while back, but to lazy to find it.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Look, I never said that the 360 didn't have more decent RPGs than the PS3. The arguement doesn't fail because we are talking about a game that has been exclusive to the playstation. Also, yes it might help but if you think about it the 360 is only popular in America while in Europe and Japan the PS3 is popular. At the very least in Japan.

Money isn't the issue either, many games would make more profit if they went multi but that's not the case in most of them. Not all but some stereotypes are mostly true.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Look, I never said that the 360 didn't have more decent RPGs than the PS3. The arguement doesn't fail because we are talking about a game that has been exclusive to the playstation. Also, yes it might help but if you think about it the 360 is only popular in America while in Europe and Japan the PS3 is popular. At the very least in Japan.

Money isn't the issue either, many games would make more profit if they went multi but that's not the case in most of them. Not all but some stereotypes are mostly true.

The argument does fail because we're talking about a game series that isn't exclusive to the PlayStation.

And in case you didn't know, the 360 is actually more popular in Europe than the PS3. And 360s across Japan have sold out completely. The 360 is starting to get more popular in Japan.

When it comes to the gaming world, money is the issue, if not, the biggest.

raj

fighting shadows with my evoker. go izanagi GO!!
The argument does fail because we're talking about a game series that isn't exclusive to the PlayStation.

And in case you didn't know, the 360 is actually more popular in Europe than the PS3. And 360s across Japan have sold out completely. The 360 is starting to get more popular in Japan.

When it comes to the gaming world, money is the issue, if not, the biggest.
kh can come to 360.
it is no longer a "sony
only" francise because
days is on the ds and
ds is nintendo so there's
a chance still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back