• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

new generation for Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Do you all think that after Sora's adventure in Kingdom Hearts. Square Enix should make a new generation of new keyblade wielders?

Gram

Banned
Awards
they should but nomura said he wont.
its all going to be sora and its going to end with him.

jonXjon

I'd rather keep it with Sora. But, if he stays the same goofy person, it will become boring.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH is always Sora's story, said Nomura. So, even though we should move on we won't. And I think it feels horrible when you move on to a new set of characters. If you are going to do that, just make a new series.

Crystal

Silver Member
KH is about Sora.
I don't think there is a new keyblade wielders >.>

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It being Sora's story doesn't contradict there being new characters. It just means that they'll get to be playable either in scenarios or side games, setting up the plot for Sora to wrap up.

Lol watch Sora and Riku's Apprentices cause mayhem.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Like everyone said, Kingdom Hearts is and always will be Sora's story. From what Nomura said. When Sora's story is all said and done, there won't be anymore Kingdom Hearts games.

Just be happy that they are continuing the Kingdom Hearts franchise after the Xehanort Saga.

captain

Bronze Member
It's Sora's story but that doesn't mean there can't be more side stories or whatever with other characters like Roxas or TAV

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Naaa. It should end with Sora. If they keep adding more generations, the series could turn out like the final fantasy franchise.....sora needs a relationship w/ a girl tho

Rules of Nomura
#1: Nomura doesn't do romance in the obvious way. He will give you hints and never more (except FFX)
#2: Nomura cares little for family relations. He'll give you a hint just to make the story connect, but that is all.
#3: Nomura is a sap for bittersweet endings. He will kill a character off but still give you hope they are still alive somewhere.

So I hardly see Sora and any female really dating in canon. The most we'll see is a smile like in KH2.

Ralz

As others have said, this is Sora's story. I can't help but interpret that two ways. One, it is literally Sora's story, and the series may just end when he's 80 years old still slashing Heartless and fighting for the last bit of vanilla pudding. The other way, is the sort of Breath of Fire games, where the main characters are all named the same.

In which case, is it possible to imagine several different dimensions, each for the serapate sagas, where the main character is named Sora in each one? The more I think about this, the dumber it gets.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It being Sora's story doesn't contradict there being new characters. It just means that they'll get to be playable either in scenarios or side games, setting up the plot for Sora to wrap up.

Lol watch Sora and Riku's Apprentices cause mayhem.
This. I'm sure we'll get new characters, but they'll find a way to be connected to Sora. This really will always be Sora's story. In a way, I'm glad it will always be his story because if we were always switching characters I would have probably given this series up already.

Also, Sign that's a really good idea. xD

Dnize

I'd like to see an animated movie kind of like Advent Children, but about the Keyblade Wars. But thats just me...
Video Game-wise. I'd be okay with the last one being KH3.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Well, Dante's Inferno was Dante the Pilgrim's story, but there were many characters that he interacted with and we didn't see again. There were characters that we heard about in the beginning and then saw sometime later, and there were characters not hinted at that we saw later on.

What I'm trying to say is, "The fact that it is x's story does not mean that there will not be new characters in the series." This applies to new generations of keyblade wielders.

Even if the characters do not get "their own story", they all have backgrounds that can be hinted at to keep the series interesting. The series would be dead in the water if we get old characters in the same light over and over again, but it can also be harmed if we get old characters in a different light (though a different light would be great) with nothing really being new.

Just remember that Nomura has lied before about the series, and we could, as Ralz said, get multiple characters with the same name, though I don't think it'd go over to "multiple dimensions"... I'm thinking Link from Legend of Zelda here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back