• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Poor Axel.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NumberVIII

Ok, I am an Axel fan but you miss a few details there. Roxas treated him like crap cuz he hid the truth from him. Plus he wasnt that innocent, he manipulated rikureplica, he killed vexen and zexion, he plotted aalong with saix(Im not saying that all of this isnt cool)

He was just following orders. And then when he DID tell Roxas the truth, Roxas didn't believe him.

Also, in re:com, he didn't have feelings, therefore didn't have a conscience and couldn't feel guilt or remorse. But then he gains feelings, and when he does, he basically gets shitted on by those emotions.

fantasy08

Okay, Number. Here you go. First though. Since all you Axel fans are all so alike:lol: I know what you're rebuttals are going to be so I will post everything in regards to Axel that I said to Ikkin. Not just the poisonous friend bit. Second, I will not post anything after this. I already had a long, enjoyable, debate with Ikkin, and I'm not about tot go through it again. I think this is fair. You wanted to know my why's so I'm giving them to you,but like I said don't expect me to reply back.

He was just following orders.
Are you seriously using the Nietzsche defense? Basically saying since he was just following orders, and thus it wasn't something he really wanted to do. It's okay. Yea, that's not going to fly.

You know what. Forget copy and paste. Here's the link with I and Ikkin's debate. Read to your hearts content. In the link my post starts at 67 and snowballs from there lol.
http://forums.khinsider.com/side-stories/137106-org-xiii-really-bad-5.html. Also again please believe me when I told you I'm not replying back. Whatever you have to say about Axel trust me Ikkin has already said it. He also figured out that there will be no changing my mind ever on Axel by my rebuttals. So please don't try either. By the way I saw that your name is in that thread so you should have already known what I thought of Axel.

Lastly, If it's any consolation I've spoiled myself silly with BBS, and I must say I like Lea( Axel's human-self), and I don't think he deserved to get turned into the nobody Axel.

Last edited:

Xenliad

Axel had one of the sadder stories but it all worked out for him in the end and Roxas and him seemed to have parted ways on good terms: YouTube - Axel Roxas - Kingdom Hearts II final mix
I think the Riku Replika had the saddest story. I found Xion to be sad too but she got the happiest outcome that she could have. bbs spoiler: not to mention Mickey's KHII letter hinted at a possible return for her.
Plus he wasnt that innocent, he manipulated rikureplica, he killed vexen and zexion, he plotted aalong with saix(Im not saying that all of this isnt cool)

I agree that manipulation the Riku Replica was bad but Vexen and Zexion were evil before they became Nobodies. Even and Ienzo kidnapped villagers and ripped their hearts out...for all we know they ripped Lea's heart out.

Raun

I think Axel's story was definitely sad. He was always forced to choose between decisions that he didn't want to make. I think that Xion, Roxas, and Terra's stories were much, much sadder though. Roxas wanted to have his own life sooo badly, but no matter how much he wanted it, he couldn't get it.

8shortfuse

Every character in that game has it bad when you think about it...the only ones who get a happy ending are Sora, Riku, Kairi and the disney characters. And who knows what'll happen to them if KH 3 ever becomes reality. I wouldn't want to be givin a weapon and expected to save the world then because of that lose my best friends twice. have one of them turn against you and pretty much committ suicide for the other. then have my memory taken away, have everone forget me and be manipulated by dudes in black coats. But I wouldn't want to be a Nobody who finally feels like he has a heart again only to have his best friend(s)(depending on your opinion of Xion) taken away from me...plus whatever happened to him in BBS. Don't tell me though, I don't wanna know!

So yeah...they all got it bad.

bakarry

I too, like the many other people, agree that Axel has one of the saddest stories in the KH series. I never played COM, due to me thinking it wasn't part of the series and when I found out it WAS part of the series, no money, so when i first encountered Axel, it was when i was playing KHII.
For me, I think friendship is the strongest bond people can have, and Axel's attempts to bring Roxas back and make him remember his past in the Organization really got to me. To have your best, and possibly only, friend forget who you are and the memories the two of your shared, is quite possibly the most tragic event a person can have in their life.
Of course, this also proves that Xion's story is effing sad too. But this thread be about Axel and his BA-ness.
From the KHII perspective, he seemed to do all he could to meet Roxas again, and I, never experienced anything like this btw, could understand why it was so important to him. Roxas was his best friend, who ceased to exist (as himself, since he is part of Sora, and Axel believed that by being around Sora (or did he want to turn him into a heartless so Roxas could be reborn?) he could be with Roxas. And in the end when he died, sacrificing himself to protect Sora, who has Roxas in him (right? o.o), he finally meets with Roxas again in that heart-wrenching scene with the icecream.
In Days, which i finally finished yesterday at 3 AM :D, Axel's terribly sad story is explain in deeper depth. Or at least, more background info. Similar to the KHII instance where he has to fetch Roxas back, Axel is faced with doing this task three (or was it two?) times for Xion, forced to lie to his best friend Roxas or cause him his demise (he thinks), and in the end, despite his attempts to protect his friends, he loses them both. Roxas leaves cause he cannot trust anyone anymore, Xion dies and ceases to exist in everyone's memories, and Axel is faced with the inevitable task of hunting down his best friend; only friend too.

sigh. To be honest i have no idea if I was making sense in my essay of passionate and stupid words. well not really an essay...
anyways. yes. Axel have crappy (sad) life as a nobody. I cry. The end

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
But I wouldn't want to be a Nobody who finally feels like he has a heart again only to have his best friend(s)(depending on your opinion of Xion)

Fan opinion of the character doesn't really change the fact that RAX were best friends.

Oh, and Axel is a whore.

NumberVIII

Fan opinion of the character doesn't really change the fact that RAX were best friends.

Oh, and Axel is a whore.

Well, yeah, but I can almost see what they're saying...to me, it seemed like Axel was only friends with Xion because Roxas was, but others see it differently.

And lol why exactly is he a whore? >>;

bender1624

Axel is my favorite character out of KH and his story of him losein his best friends then dies protecting Sora/Roxas and he had no clue who he was

Xenliad

I meant whether or not your opinion is that Axel and Xion are actually friends or not. Some people think that Axel only put up with her caus of Roxas.

It's canon that they were friends:
=====Day 224: Xion=====

Even if Xion is a Replica - a puppet - she's still Xion. I understand that in
my head, but how do I interact with her now? Riku-Replica was just a tool, but
I can't just use Xion. No, I was wrong to have just used Riku-Replica in the
first place. How is a man-made puppet any less worthy than a Nobody that was
never meant to exist at all?

They're both ambiguous. Tenuous at best. And she's my friend. Even if neither
of us should exist, that doesn't invalidate the bonds we form. Next break we
get, I told her we'd all go to the beach. I hope we get the chance. Our little
summer vacation. I know if we can get together and laugh about stupid stuff,
this nagging doubt will go away.

Report Author: Axel

=====Day 276: Behind the Truth=====

Xion is gone. Roxas still doesn't know anything, but Xion found out. That's
why I need to find her. We don't have hearts, so we accept the facts we're
given as the truth. But something far more important lies behind that truth.
Saïx would laugh at people with no hearts calling one another friends, but
that doesn't make it not so.

As the Nobody of the hero of the Keyblade and the Replica of that Nobody,
these two are special. Unique in every since of the word. But that doesn't
change the fact that we're friends. Nothing will. Got it memorized, Xion?

Can't really argue with Axel's journal entries.

NumberVIII

It's canon that they were friends:

Can't really argue with Axel's journal entries.

Huh. Didn't unlock those; didn't unlock most of 'em actually. Okay, I'll give you that one. Just saying, in the context of the game itself, it looked to me like he was mostly just friends with her because of Roxas.

Ademaa

Axel's story isn't that sad considering losing his friends is pretty much his fault.

NumberVIII

Axel's story isn't that sad considering losing his friends is pretty much his fault.

Oh really? Please, do explain, I'm interested to hear your reasoning here. So Roxas' capture and basically being forced into Sora is Axel's fault? Xion being pitted against Roxas, losing, fading away and then joining with Sora of her own free will is also Axel's fault? And Saix turning into a cold, unfeeling jerk is his fault too, right? :|

Ademaa

Axel wasn't the most honest friends, granted nobody, but still. I'm sure he never told Roxas exactly what he did in C.O. When it's time to bring Xion back, does Axel give him a nice long explanation why he have her a nice karate chop to the back of the neck. It also seems fitting that his friend ship with Roxas and Xion only flourished when the one with saix went downhill. Granted somethings he had no hand in, but a lot of his problems are of his own making.

NumberVIII

Axel wasn't the most honest friends, granted nobody, but still. I'm sure he never told Roxas exactly what he did in C.O. When it's time to bring Xion back, does Axel give him a nice long explanation why he have her a nice karate chop to the back of the neck. It also seems fitting that his friend ship with Roxas and Xion only flourished when the one with saix went downhill. Granted somethings he had no hand in, but a lot of his problems are of his own making.

Roxas TRIED to reason with her, but she whipped her keyblade out and threatened him. And THEN Axel attacked her.

=====Day 301: Xion or Roxas?=====

Xion is burning through missions at full tilt. She seems frantic. Why, I don't
know. And speaking of, I still don't know what to say to Roxas. Even without
my orders from Saïx, I'd do anything to stop Roxas from being erased.
I just
don't know if I can stand by and let that happen to Xion, either.

Axel honestly believes that not telling Roxas everything is protecting him from being destroyed.

And you honestly can't blame him for the entire loss of friendship with Saix. Sure, he played a hand in it, but Saix wasn't blameless. When he became a nobody he completely changed. He became cold, unfeeling, uncaring of past friendships.

I'm not the one who changed. You did.

-Axel (in reference to Saix)

huanglulu

I do agree with Ademaa that Axel losing his friendship with Roxas is partly due to his fault because of the lies he told to Roxas and keeping the fact that Roxas is Sora's nobody from him, thinking it would protect his friends but due to these lies to it cause Roxas to doubt and mistrust him instead. Him losing his friendship with Xion and Saix wasnt really his fault but i do feel kind of sad for Axel always having to made all those difficult choices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back