• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible World Names?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mittens

I know there's a thread about what worlds we'd all like to see in Kingdom Hearts 3, but I've always liked seeing peoples creativity with possible world names. Personally I think Square has always done a good job with naming their Disney worlds, and their original worlds too.
My ideas so far have been:

SanFransokyo - Big Hero 6

Corona or Corona Forest - Tangled

Arendelle - Frozen

Central Games Arcade - Wreck-it-Ralph

Land of the Telling Winds - Pocahontas

Lost Atlantean Empire - Atlantis

Dun Broch - Brave

Tranquil Islands - Lilo and Stitch

Kingdom of The Sun - The Emperor's New Groove

those are all I've managed to come up with that I kind of think have a nice "Square-made" ring to them. I'm having trouble with Toy Story and The Jungle Book though.

What do you guys think? Have any ideas? :smile:

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.
Wouldn't Big Hero 6 cause a bit of a debate, 'cause it's originally Marvel?
(I loved that movie, by the way. Even though, I saw that sacrifice coming a mile away.)

Not to mention Wreck-It-Ralph and all the licenses that Disney got a hold of.

As for Frozen, I think Arendelle seems a bit too direct for a name.
Something more like, "Glacier Peak", might fit a little better.

Last edited:

mittens

Seeing as Disney own Marvel now I don't think it'd be that much of a big deal, and ask MasterSpockanort said it is a part of their animated canon :)

Wreck-it-Ralph, I'm not too sure on.

Mr Yippie

WiR would be just "Sugar Rush" most likely.

San Fransokyo, Arrendale and Corona for BH6, Frozen and Tangled respectively.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Let's see

Bambi:Forrest of the Deer-the central animals in bambi were deers so this would be fitting

Fantasia 2000: Hall of Music-Symphony of sorcery 2 sounds repetitive so I think this title would be better,

Ichabod and Mr. Toad: Sleepy Hallows-Generic and a bit direct, but I still think it is a good title nonetheless

Gravity Falls: Town of Wonders-Given the type of show Gravity Falls is, I think the title could refer to all of the supernatural elements in gravity falls.

Narxus

Frozen - Isolated Kingdom
Wreck-It-Wralph - Game Central
Pocahontas - Valley of the Wind
Atlantis - City of the Lost
Lilo & Stitch - Ohana Island
Brave - Forest of Fate
Robin Hood - Sherwood
Treasure Planet - ...Treasure Planet
Princess and the Frog - Streets of Dreams
Tangled - Kingdom of Lanterns

...you know it's hard to come up with a really cool and profound name that doesn't have the word 'of' in it

Last edited:

mittens

A) In the title = too easy B) Also too easy, plus to similar to "Atlantica"

This was my line of thinking too! I thought of "The Lost Empire" but it sounded...too Star Warsy lol.
I still don't know what to do with Toy Story. Anything I come up with sounds like some campy Disney Infinity term and makes me feel awkward.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Thought of some more

Gargoyles: City of the Night Watchers-The gargoyles are only active during the night so this seems fitting

Frozen: Kingdom of Summer and Ice- These are the two main seasons in the film

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well "Valley of the Wind" (a name I did not know already existed) was released in the US by Disney, so that's something, right?

For another film. Created by Studio Ghibli. I doubt that it'd be allowed to pass.

A) In the title = too easy B) Also too easy, plus to similar to "Atlantica"

Who said it needed to be complicated? If the world already has a "title" it goes by, then why not use it?

Also we've had some really easy world names like "Beast's Castle" "Agrabah" "Deep Jungle" "Neverland"

Also similar names like "Twilight Town" and "Traverse Town" lol

mittens

Also we've had some really easy world names like "Beast's Castle" "Agrabah" "Deep Jungle" "Neverland"

Deep Jungle is making it really hard to think of possible Jungle Book names in my poor brain. Trying to incorporate "Ruins" into it but I can't stop thinking of Crash Bandicoot whenever I think one up. I'll leave it to others, and eventually I'm sure Square will come up with something obvious :p

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
(I loved that movie, by the way. Even though, I saw that sacrifice coming a mile away.)

Not to mention Wreck-It-Ralph and all the licenses that Disney got a hold of.

As for Frozen, I think Arendelle seems a bit too direct for a name.
Something more like, "Glacier Peak", might fit a little better.

Arendelle isn't too direct. Look at Agrabah, Halloween Town, Beast's Castle and Atlantica.

Kim Possible - Middleton
Poccahontas - The New World
Wreck-It Ralph - Litwick's Arcade

SquarePhoenix

Awards
Why would it cause a debate?
'Cause the fans who are for Marvel-and-Star-Wars-in-KH, would argue that if Big Hero 6 can be in KHIII, why not Star Wars? Regardless, if Disney made it something all their own, it's still based on a Marvel comic.
And they'll more than likely drag that cuddly behemoth into that argument.

And that's a debate I'd rather not see.

Last edited:

mittens

'Cause the fans who are for Marvel-and-Star-Wars-in-KH, would argue that if Big Hero 6 can be in KHIII, why not Star Wars? Regardless, if Disney made it something all their own, it's still based on a Marvel comic.
And they'll more than likely drag that cuddly behemoth into that argument.

And that's a debate I'd rather not see.

I am 100% team no Marvel or Star Wars in KH3 (as worlds at least), but it is a different case with Big Hero 6. Actually, before I saw the movie I was against it's inclusion in KH3 too, but after I saw it I read up a bit and saw that Nomura really likes it (he also really likes Star Wars but I'm in denial.)

There's also a kind of message in the credits of Big Hero 6 saying at the time of production etc etc Disney owned full rights to the story and characters that were included.

There's also the fact that compared to Marvel films, this was an animated movie aimed towards a family audience, much like all of Disney's other animated canon. The world and characters wouldn't look awkward next to Donald and Goofy. Pirates of the Caribbean did look a little out of place, but I likened it to something one would see in Disneyland.

A lot of Disney animated films are based off works that aren't fairytales. Take Tarzan and 101 Dalmatians, based off novels. (Actually that's why Tarzan was only included in KH1...)

My main issue is wondering if it's too soon for them to include Big Hero 6 or if Nomura had ample time from viewing to conceptualizing it for Kingdom Hearts. I'm sure we'll get to know later on this year :)

Oh, and in keeping on topic.....

Spotted City - 101 Dalmatians

Mr Yippie

Emperor's New Groove should be called Kingdom of the Sun as a nice homage.

SquarePhoenix

Awards
Oh, and in keeping on topic.....

Spotted City - 101 Dalmatians

Oops, sorry.
*Goes through Disney vhs collection.*
Hmm, what haven't they done?
Personally, I think a Sword in the Stone world is long overdue.
Though, it might not appeal to a modern audience and movie itself is pretty bland.
But I'm somewhat curious about Merlin's backstory.
Hmm, "Kingdom of Legends"?...nah, too grand.
"Forest of Future Kings"?, like a shoe that doesn't fit.
"Enchanted...", it's been done.
I honestly can't think of a good name for that place. : /

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I like the idea of calling The Emperor's New Groove "The Kingdom of the Sun," what the movie began as. They probably will call Lilo & Stitch something other than Hawaii, the same reason they didn't call Mulan "Ancient China" or Hercules "Ancient Greece." If they ever do Bambi, even as a minigame world, maybe "The Great Forest," since they refer to Bambi's father as The Great Prince.

Dumbo ~ The Elephant Circus? Circus of Miracles?
Pocahontas ~ Difficult one. Land/Wood of Colors? Land/Wood of Spirits? ("Let the spirits guide you, etc.")
Oliver & Company ~ City of Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back