• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Puella Magi Madoka Magica

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica: PMMM Rebellion October 26th

Apparently the first two movies are going to be released with the English dubs now. Tbh, I'm surprised they didn't do this long ago, seeing as how the series and films are mostly exactly the same, and they all ready have the recorded audio from the anime, but whatever. Perhaps they were just waiting for the opportune moment.

I am really excited about this, though, and it's a good thing they announced this when they did or else I would have gone ahead and bought the originals. I'm looking forward to seeing the updated animation, "new scenes" in "Eternal", and just completing my Madoka movie collection:)

It still seems that there's no word on a Rebellion dub yet, though. No doubt they'll do that in the future, but are once again waiting for the opportune moment for it. Personally, I don't know why they just don't have the actors record those lines and release all three movies in one go, but... It's probably a good thing, seeing as how my wallet probably couldn't buy all three of these expensive items at once. LOL. And who knows? Maybe they're waiting until the next season or movie or whatever to release Rebellion, but we'll see.

But, yeah: anyone interested in buying the first two movies with the English dub: your chance has finally come^_^ (via walpurgischan.net).
Don't be too surprised; it is Aniplex releasing these after all. :\ I really didn't like the dub - and I'm a huge dub advocate - but this does give me a small bit of hope that the movies will now be cheaper to purchase than the imports Aniplex is selling.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Don't be too surprised; it is Aniplex releasing these after all. :\ I really didn't like the dub - and I'm a huge dub advocate - but this does give me a small bit of hope that the movies will now be cheaper to purchase than the imports Aniplex is selling.

I didn't really like the dub at first either, but it ended up growing on me. I thought the voice actors for Sayaka and Kyoko did a really good job, actually, as well as the one for Kyubey.

Homura was good for the most part, and she really did end up blowing me away during the later episodes. Same with some of the Madoka instances towards the end (my main problem with her, though, is that I couldn't always understand what she was saying).

Oddly enough, the actors seemed to do better later rather than sooner in the dub, but perhaps that's because they'd finally gotten a feel for their characters by then (and kudos to them for nailing it during the most crucial parts, then).

In fact, some of the last moments in the dub are even more emotional than that Japanese one, imo (Christina Vee in particular seemed to really get into/get choked up about her character), and I actually prefer a few of the English translations as opposed to the Japanese version of the lines.

Everyone else was decent, too (though we didn't hear enough of Mami for me to really have a strong opinion about her). Nothing to write home about, probably--and I do think some of the VAs sound too much like each other--but it all could have been worse, I think; and I do think there were some good moments to be found in it all.

Buuuuuut this is probably because I've had to watch the dub a LOT because of my dyslexic sister and boyfriend. LOL. Were it not for them, I probably wouldn't have gotten as much of a taste for the dub as I now have:)

I do want Aniplex to dub Rebellion, though. If for no other reason other than to see how they'd translate it, and if it would help me understand some things better.

Also, I think more people would watch Rebellion if there was a dub for it (I know, for instance, that it was hard for my sister and boyfriend to read all the subtitles during it).

And if a dub allows us to get the movie cheaper, and for people to get their hands on it easer, I'd be more than happy. Aniplex has all ready put too much of a dent in my wallet because of this series (and will probably continue to do so in the future), so if I can get Rebellion somewhat cheaper... I'm definitely looking forward to that option. LOL.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

Do dubs usually include the original Japanese audio as well? I still haven't seen the dub for the show, but I do want to see it despite my reservations.

Plus, I've seen how expensive the current DVDs are. No me gusta. So this is good news for me to get them at a more affordable rate.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Pretty much every anime DVD/Bluray but a select few come with the original audio as another track on them, yeah.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
[video]https://youtu.be/a1lmhs-ocIs[/video]

Someone please tell me this is real! I hear there's a fourth movie in the works!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I saw this~

I'm really happy there will be another film because Rebellion was cool but felt really weird to end on after the fantastic ending the TV series had.

But what does the ballerina outfit meaaaaaaaaaaaaan?

Lonbilly

Awards
Omfg. I just. Welp, there went the feels all over again.

This movie looks very Mami and Kyoko heavy, and I am digging that, moreso for Kyoko as well since she is one of my favorites. I mean, they all are for the most part, but still. Kind of worried about the fact that we didn't really see Sayaka, nor Madoka outside of the ballet scene, whereas we got good glimpses at every else.

Also... does Hitomi know? Whoa.

I'm just waiting for Gen to diddly me over again. The third movie, as heartbreaking and rage inducing as it was, still made sense with the characters as they were, so at least I can rest assured it'll remain faithful... but boy, am I worried about what the hell he is gonna do to my baes

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I saw this~

I'm really happy there will be another film because Rebellion was cool but felt really weird to end on after the fantastic ending the TV series had.

But what does the ballerina outfit meaaaaaaaaaaaaan?

Supposedly this concept is loosely based on the Swan Lake, like how Rebellion had some themes from the Nutcracker.
Omfg. I just. Welp, there went the feels all over again.
This movie looks very Mami and Kyoko heavy, and I am digging that, moreso for Kyoko as well since she is one of my favorites. I mean, they all are for the most part, but still. Kind of worried about the fact that we didn't really see Sayaka, nor Madoka outside of the ballet scene, whereas we got good glimpses at every else.

Also... does Hitomi know? Whoa.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I'm just waiting for Gen to diddly me over again. The third movie, as heartbreaking and rage inducing as it was, still made sense with the characters as they were, so at least I can rest assured it'll remain faithful... but boy, am I worried about what the hell he is gonna do to my baes
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]We do actually see Sayaka, I believe someone (Homura prob) has her chained up and possibly gagged :p[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]And yeah the dialogue implies Hitomi finally knows something. Also, it implies Mami is definitely a big player already since she seems to suspect Homura. And then, apparently the representative director of the project said Mami will be "strengthened and displayed as a Battle Goddess" which is...I don't really know how to take that exactly. I mean, who knows if he means literally at this point, so yeah. But Mami definitely is important :p Would be awesome if Kyoko is as well. The Different Story was by far the best spin off to come out of the series, and I would love to see them be friends and stuff again.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Zul

Awards
Rebellion's ending was a box of moist turd-nuggets. I want something that serves as a solid end to the entire series, nothing cliffhanger-esque, maybe this movie will do that.

Awards
Rebellion's ending was a box of moist turd-nuggets. I want something that serves as a solid end to the entire series, nothing cliffhanger-esque, maybe this movie will do that.
Agreed. I feel like they may make another cliffhanger thing so they can keep going with the series, though...

Last edited:

Lonbilly

Awards
Does Gen own the rights to it? Or the studio? I know originally Rebellion was supposed to be the finale and end with the MadoHomu reunion scene, but I believe it was said he was pressured into the cliffhanger to keep it open. Which, honestly, the cliffhanger itself was still a well written ending seeing as how it didn't contradict anything from the series, it just showed off in much more detail how selfish Homura-senpai could be.

That being said, I don't see how the series could make it past another entry after the fourh, nor do I want it to. Unless it's legitimately a spinoff about some other characters like the mangas, or even an alternate timeline story.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
Actually there was no such pressure

"Initially, I was planning to end this story when Homura is reunited with Madoka. There would be the classic magical girl scenes in the beginning, and then the narrative in which the secret of the town would be revealed; that would drive the beginning and middle parts, and in the end there'd be the final showdown with Kyubey.

But I had a hard time deciding on the ending. Ending the story with Homura and Madoka being reunited wasn't really the best outcome. After all, the instant Homura encounters her, she'll be guided by the Law of Cycles, and disappear. Would that make her happy? It was also the director, Mr. Shinbo's opinion that the outcome of the TV series, "a human becoming a god" might be too heavy a fate for a girl in middle school to bear. Since that was the case, I decided to try to come up with a way to create a story in which Madoka could escape that outcome."

-From the interview in question

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Actually there was no such pressure

"Initially, I was planning to end this story when Homura is reunited with Madoka. There would be the classic magical girl scenes in the beginning, and then the narrative in which the secret of the town would be revealed; that would drive the beginning and middle parts, and in the end there'd be the final showdown with Kyubey.

But I had a hard time deciding on the ending. Ending the story with Homura and Madoka being reunited wasn't really the best outcome. After all, the instant Homura encounters her, she'll be guided by the Law of Cycles, and disappear. Would that make her happy? It was also the director, Mr. Shinbo's opinion that the outcome of the TV series, "a human becoming a god" might be too heavy a fate for a girl in middle school to bear. Since that was the case, I decided to try to come up with a way to create a story in which Madoka could escape that outcome."

-From the interview in question

It almost sounds like Homura did her a favor. Or at least it explains the goddess side of Madoka being taken by Homura. Don't get me wrong, I loved Rebellion after watching it enough times to realize it isn't all that bad, and the explanation somebody did on it in a video made a helluva lot of sense on parts I was confused on. So, I'm good with how Rebellion came out. And if the new movie is based off of Swan Lake it might have a happy or sad ending going for it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I like that Mami seems to be getting a bit more of a leading role, at least judging by the concept trailer.

Back