• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas a true nobody?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I would imagine that completeness follows the all-or-none principle. You either have it or you don't. Since Roxas only has a fraction of a heart, he isn't a complete being. He's still non-existent.

After all, Ven couldn't function with only a piece of his heart. As for why Roxas can, it's because the heart is not necessary in the first place- a Nobody normally lives without a heart, so giving one a fractured heart would only be supplemental (but would not be enough for them to be considered "whole").

Roxas fits the broader definition of a Nobody, being that which is left behind when the heart leaves its vessel. This time, the left overs happen to include a fractured heart. However, naturally he's comprised of more than the normal Nobody, hence why he's special. So the answer to whether or not Roxas is a "true" Nobody is dependent on what your conception of a "true" Nobody is.

Eloquently spoken, and absolutely correct. Looks like someone did their homework on this one.

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
but axel had emotions i mean he was over flowing with sarcasm,anger, friendship and sadness would that mean he had part of a heart

Radar

Bronze Member
but axel had emotions i mean he was over flowing with sarcasm,anger, friendship and sadness would that mean he had part of a heart
I always wondered about Axel's emotions, he really seemed to care about Roxas after roxas left and axel said he would miss him.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
well according to vexen, he considers them as such

Oh, you mean

could these Replicas not be classified as a special sort of Nobody?

which is phrased as a question. He's wondering whether they probably could, not saying he definitely considers them to be so.

Replicas have artificial hearts and are 'born' by being built artificially from scratch, which means they share very little similarities to a Nobody (remnants left behind naturally after a heart leaves the body). The only true similarity they share is that they both run off recycled memories and thus find it hard to exist alongside the original.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
maybe we'll find out in the future if axel really has a heart, maybe it has something to do with him becoming a heartless. that or he just remembered what it was like to use those emotions and faked them to seem more real

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
maybe it has to do with lea and isa's freindship cause judging from what i've read axel acts like part isa part lea

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
maybe it has to do with lea and isa's freindship cause judging from what i've read axel acts like part isa part lea

In Days, Axel himself says he is the same guy as he was (lea). But Saix keeps telling him he's changed. I don't know where you're getting 'acts like part isa' from...

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
okey here's a theory lea lossing his heart so isa gives his heart to lea thus leaving a cold saix and a hybrid axel

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
okey here's a theory lea lossing his heart so isa gives his heart to lea thus leaving a cold saix and a hybrid axel

That's not what a heart is. You don't just give it to someone so they can have one. The heart is the database of the body. If it was possible to do this, Axel would basically change into Sai'x.

Caxm

Mabey Isa saw that AXel was lossing his heart and gave him his to make Axel stronger??? idk I have n o IDea

There is another theory that Axel regained his own heart due to his connection with Roxas.

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
There is another theory that Axel regained his own heart due to his connection with Roxas.
I wouldn't say he regained his original heart, but if he did indeed feel real emotions, it's most likely due to his connection to Roxas. I think it may have something to do with Sora being "the boy who can connect his heart to anyone else's." (Although Axel doesn't have a heart to begin with, but he still could be connected to Roxas' heart in some way. It's a stretch, but meh.)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wonder if they will introduce something in the future, about earning or making hearts. I mean, in various Disney worlds, we have characters like Pinnochio who weren't even alive until the love Geppeto had for his puppet (and... a fairy) gave him a heart, right?

tri-blade

My guess is that Roxas did have a heart, but his body is still too unstable to walk in the realm of light. That means he is still technically a nobody that could fade away, but still can retain emotion.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I don't get Axel at all to be honest. Roxas is as easy to get in my opinion as 123 but Axel and the workings of the heart in general. I mean the last guy who thought he knew about the heart exploded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back