• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SAT

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emo-Tional

How do you pass the damn thing with a high score??? Did anyone here get a high score?

Anything that'll help to get your score higher? I haven't taken it yet, but I have to.

Anything would be helpful. XD Colleges would still accept you if your SAT score is low/mid-range or if you have a 3.5 + GPA and/or 4.13 + WGPA?????

This really is frustrating.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
There is no guaranteed way to score well on any test, let alone the SAT or ACT. And if there is, I wouldn't know, as I took the ACT.
But I wouldn't fret about it very much; as Franklin Delano Roosavelt once said, "There is nothing to fear but fear itself." If you are overly afraid of performing badly on this test, then you're more likely to do so.

Also, I'm fairly certain that this would better belong in the Help and Support section.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
Anything that'll help to get your score higher? I haven't taken it yet, but I have to.

It's called Studying.

I took the PSAT this year, and I got a 177.
I took the SAT in 7th grade, but don't remember the score

Spic Steve

Awards
Yeah. I got accepted. Been to A&M past two summers. Got two more to go.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Look... there's no easy way of getting a high score.

I can tell you this.

Putting your name on it will give you points.

Also, you can take it more than once. The total amount is taken by your highest scores on each section. So, you take it more than once, they have more scores to choose from.

You might also want to take the ACT's. SAT's are more for your ability to think and figure out information on your own. It's intellectually-based.

The ACT's are knowledge-based. The more useless trivia you have in your brain, the better.

When I took the SAT's, I got a... 1790... which isn't too bad, but it's not that great, either.

Chances are that your school offers SAT study sessions. For a fee, you can be tutored on what the SAT will be on, and how best to answer questions and the like. If you actually work at it, you'll do better than I did. I never worked at it.

Also, don't freak out about it. I got a 1790, and I was accepted at a prestigious private college and even got into the honors program. But I also had a lot of volunteer work, with honors and AP classes, and good grades to go along with an average score.

Oh, also. Learn the difference between accept and except. That might also help you with your SAT score.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
1780. I was so damn close to getting what my sister got. And don't bullshit me on how 1750-1800 isn't great. You can get almost anywhere with a high GPA and a 1780.

my highest score (and final score) is a 1570. its not the highest and not the greatest, but it meets the recquirements for all the colleges I've applied to lol.

lots and lots of practice. I had a tutor because I'm not the greatest at math, and it really helped. do a lot of review and practice problems. another good thing is to go onto Collegeboard.com and sign up. keeps an eye on your scores, signs you up for tests, and you get SAT Practice questions mailed to you every day.

don't worry about getting the best scores. do your best. I reccommend taking the test more than once; three times the most. that way, when colleges look at your scores, they choose the best scores you've recieved in all three sections.

don't stress yourself too much about it. if you're relaxed and prepared, you'll do fine.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
so i took the PSAT about 3 yrs ago and I failed miserably.
yet somehow i have a 3.5 GPA avarage.

=/

haven't taken it since. ive just been procrasinating.

prolly take it this october again.
either way, im going to CC to finish my generals and the go to CALSTATE and start on a career then.
eventually im going to have to take it sometime.

Spic Steve

Awards
how do you fail the SAT/PSAT?

I got a 177 on my PSAT, (freshman year, this year) and I think a 1500~ on my SAT (7th grade)

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
how do you fail the SAT/PSAT?

I got a 177 on my PSAT, (freshman year, this year) and I think a 1500~ on my SAT (7th grade)

well i didn't fail the PSAT.

I just did worse than i thought.
I forgot the scores.

But I did really good on the writing.
okay on the math.
horrible on the verbal.

so unusual of me.

:[

it was expected to happen, since i didn't study for it.
it still sucked though.
i wish i would have.

keep it up, steve.

:)

Spic Steve

Awards
Thank you.
The first time you take an SAT it feels like forfuckingever.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Thank you.
The first time you take an SAT it feels like forfuckingever.

yah.

I dread national tests.
state tests, i can deal with.
[passed the CAHSEE with almost (perfect) score on both English and math, first try.] 432/445

450 is the highest.
350 is the minimum to pass.

the sad thing about the CAHSEE is that it discourages alot of people from taking it, and they end up taking it multiple times, cause they don't pass it. On which you need to in order to graduate High School here in California.

i took the test my junior year.

i on the other hand found it relevantly easy.
and so have many people that i know.

but still. this test in many ways it sucks.

edit: oh yeah and that time i actually studied my ass off, lolol.
what a difference.

Awards
I can't really give you any wise advice to be honest.

I scored a 1920 the first time I took it, which was junior year. Definitely did a lot of prep. Then, because I'm going for some prestigious schools, I tried again just to see what I would get. Didn't do any studying aside from the studying I did over half a year earlier for the first time I did the SATs. Basically winged it. And my score was 2150. Can't really explain it.

The only logical explanation that I can see for the score jump, though, is that the second time I chose not to answer every question. Both times I found it to be somewhat easy, but I guess I overestimated myself the first time. As you should know, there is no penalization for leaving answers blank (they're just omitted), only when they're wrong.

So I guess I could say you should be cautious in when you feel confident enough to narrow the answers down but... meh.

Didn't work as well on the ACT from what I remember. I think that's scored out of... 34? But yeah, did decent on that. The science section is a bitch.

lilmissrandom101

I'm in 7th grade and I'm in the Duke TIP Program I just took the test in January. I remember they told us if we didn't get a question don't answer it cuz ifyo u get it wrong they take off points but if you don't you don't lose any points. :cool: On my PSAT I got an 197 and I got an average score on the SAT,though one of my friends got an above average score :dizzy:(yes I'm not 17 i'm only 13 deal with it)

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
I'm fairly certain standardized testing will be only one of the many things that keeps me from any academic success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back