• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Scan of KH 1.5 HD ReMix surfaces!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I just want to point out that while targeting was controlled in the customization setting settings, pressing triangle made your companions target whoever you were targeting. It may have required being locked on, and pressing it when you weren't locked on may have made them come to you. It's been so long that I don't remember exactly how it worked. I didn't find out until my second playthrough when I wondered what on earth the triangle button was for XD I'm not sure if that was even in the manual.
Wow really?
I think I've read that before but forgot. Gosh, the triangle button was so useless in KH1 xD

Ixbran

omfg Scans, sooo uber excited for this!

: D

Though I will never forgive SE for making KH Days cut-scenes only!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I find that one of my biggest gripes about Days was the gameplay (and next to that was the lack of focus on Roxas and other Org members) so not being able to play in favor of having text scenes turned into proper cutscenes is a blessing.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
You can't forgive them, even since they're making text-based cutscenes into proper ones?

So much win here. Dang. Since they are revamping those, do you think they are revamping the text based scenes in KH1 as well? I mean it was stupid dialogue most of the time but still.

Correction. That isn't possible. Kupo! With all the nostalgia I forgot Sora's voice actor is an old man now.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I HOPE CHERNABOG WILL APPEAR, HE'S BADASS. MAYBE EVEN FIGHT HIM? BUT I'M SURE THAT'S JUST WISHFUL THINKING *SIGH*

OH MY THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. OOH OOH I WONDER WHAT WORLDS THEY'LL GO TO!

I THINK WONDERLAND WILL BE FUN, IT'S PLAUSIBLE. AND AGRABAH WOULD BE GOOD TOO!

Ixbran

It just irks me that my favorite installment in the series is the only one not to get a final mix, a remake, nor is playable in the HD Port.

I mean it wasnt the best game, but its multi-player was so much fun. I loved being able to play with my friends in co-op. and it would have been awesome to see that transition into HD on the PS3.

Being able to go online and play mission mode with friends, and with Days Mission based game play they could have easily implemented DLC Stages.

Add extra content not in the origonal game, new bosses, new treasure.

maybe even release more characters as downloadable content. They could have made it if your playing mission mode alone, you could chose 3 AI controlled allies from the list of non-player-controlled characters. I really disliked you could only have certain party members in certain story mode stages.

they could have greatly enhanced this game by not only by adding in more voice acting, but enhancing the games playability and features, but instead they opted to go the cheap and easy rout.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
you guys are all stupid

i know what happens at the end of the game. that soar guy (sorry i don't know how to spell japnese names) and the sephiroth clone end p closing some door AND MICKEY WAS THERE but i'm not sure why they don't show his face i wish they would.

i'm sorry if i spoiled it for some of you but i'm just so excited i finished the gme

TSora

R.O.X.A.S #5
Denmark(some people, coughEngulfedcough, think it'
Website
www.freewebs.com
you guys are all stupid

i know what happens at the end of the game. that soar guy (sorry i don't know how to spell japnese names) and the sephiroth clone end p closing some door AND MICKEY WAS THERE but i'm not sure why they don't show his face i wish they would.

i'm sorry if i spoiled it for some of you but i'm just so excited i finished the gme

Nice! I heard a rumor that it leads to a possible trilogy!?

That would be awesome! From what I've seen of it so far, they could make an awesome trilogy out of this. Think about it!

KH
KHII
KHIII

A perfect set of games. Further down the line they could add spin-offs and side stories and what not. I'm sure though they won't do that until they finish the trilogy though. Square NEVER dissapoints!

Xehanort's Pupil

It just irks me that my favorite installment in the series is the only one not to get a final mix, a remake, nor is playable in the HD Port.

I mean it wasnt the best game, but its multi-player was so much fun. I loved being able to play with my friends in co-op. and it would have been awesome to see that transition into HD on the PS3.

Being able to go online and play mission mode with friends, and with Days Mission based game play they could have easily implemented DLC Stages.

Add extra content not in the origonal game, new bosses, new treasure.

maybe even release more characters as downloadable content. They could have made it if your playing mission mode alone, you could chose 3 AI controlled allies from the list of non-player-controlled characters. I really disliked you could only have certain party members in certain story mode stages.

they could have greatly enhanced this game by not only by adding in more voice acting, but enhancing the games playability and features, but instead they opted to go the cheap and easy rout.

That basically would require them making re: 358/2 Days and with the fans' impatience over Kingdom Hearts 3 and the HD ports, there's simply not enough time or even motivation to consider such a thing.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Huh.

I think you're right.
Already noticed that on the other thread looking at one of the screen comparisons of Riku in from of Ansem, it's cropped a little I think but noticeably opened on the right side. That is more a reframing than anything else.

http://i.imgur.com/URuDY.jpg

You're awesome!!!

Ok, having watched some videos and doing some research...

the cutscenes that KH13.com has are in 4:3 but the originals were apparently cropped in-game?
Very strange! I'll have to check my disc to remember the cutscenes' ratio.

ORIGINAL GAME - KH13.COM CUTSCENE

I've suspected that all along even before seeing the pics. My best guess is to either let people know they can set down the controller for now, or that it's a vague homage to Disney as a significant amount of their movies were animated in that ratio. Seriously, the DVDs arent exactly 16:9

edit: Also, comparing the left one with the one in the mag scan brings up cropping rather than open-matting. the sides remain the same, but the bottom part of the frame is cut off.

Also of note is the tree also gets new texture.

Last edited:

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
You know what I hope? That they fix the scene where Donald and Goofy don't know about 'the key' and stuff like that, since we already know they knew about the Keyblade. I just hope they fix the problems KH1 had purely because of consistency. Some stuff in KH1 was kinda contradictory to the stuff that happened in later games.

Same goes for Donald in KH2 (if they ever decide on making a KH2.5) where he's surprised that Yen Sid lives in the Mysterious Tower, even though he's been there several times in the past..

Anyway, I might be hoping for things that won't happen, but still, one can only hope, right?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
You know what I hope? That they fix the scene where Donald and Goofy don't know about 'the key' and stuff like that, since we already know they knew about the Keyblade. I just hope they fix the problems KH1 had purely because of consistency. Some stuff in KH1 was kinda contradictory to the stuff that happened in later games.

Same goes for Donald in KH2 (if they ever decide on making a KH2.5) where he's surprised that Yen Sid lives in the Mysterious Tower, even though he's been there several times in the past..

Anyway, I might be hoping for things that won't happen, but still, one can only hope, right?

You know what, that would be good but it raises the issue of "how far can we go"? Personally I don't want them to change the games too much, even if it's for consistency reasons.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
^Really? Now would be the time to fix some plotholes especially with new players coming to the franchise because of this game

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
^Really? Now would be the time to fix some plotholes especially with new players coming to the franchise because of this game

Yeah, I get that. I know I'm probably in the minority on this. It's like extended cuts of movies or rejuvenated "special editions". You want the newer cut to see what has changed etc, but the original is a product of its time and it is what you've been accustomed to.

No one would re-render Toy Story with the new models for example right? Or add extra scenes for consistency's sake (although there are no plotholes there).

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Lnds500 is right as bad as some things may have been you risk taking away too much from the original fans and angering a fanbase no matter the game.

If they change the camera control that's fine, but adding in scenes or redoing some scenes can go toooo far. Actually the original game can't be contradictory @king_mickey rule especially since it's the very first game. That makes the later games contradictory instead.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
@king_mickey rule especially since it's the very first game. That makes the later games contradictory instead.

True, if you look at it that way, then the later games are the contradictory ones but still, that doesn't mean they can't edit small details just so that the story as a whole is more consistent.

Not only that but the newer games have made the story the way it is now. Kingdom Hearts wasn't meant to be a series in the first place so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back