• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So... Who's 'not' looking forward to BBS? [Aka. Are you wary of its hype?]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
not me, the best thing to do is expect disappointment, for now i have high hopes with story adn gameplay, character development and worlds they have chosen is what making me worry so i have a bit of a low expectation on that.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i tihjnk we can call any keyblade custom made. we might aswell call heart unlocker and way to dawn fake too if they are custom made.

ok enough sarcasm. as long as they dont make the keyblade actually "morph" into a vehicle than it's all good.

i expect it to just instantly glow and turn into a rider

αsiя

space coke
Im actually looking foward to the keyblade riding
i want to see if it sucks or not

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
The whole thing. That's it. The whole thing.

So you don't like keyblade riding....and the worlds.
Is there anything else?

I don't think there's much room in the worlds for gameplay (Snow White and Sleeping Beauty were kind of odd picks) but I have faith in them.

As for keyblade riding, tell me.
Do you like gummi ships better?
Does it make more sense to ride in assembled gummi blocks over the universe than a magical weapon? Actually, neither make sense.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I'm still excited, but I'm definitely not getting overhyped.
The storyline looks pretty good so far, but it's the gameplay I fear. Nomura said TAV will be overpowered, and that better not make the game extremely easy. And not to mention the key/vehicle thing is fucking bullshit. There's a good chance it could go down the same path like KH2 and be a mediocre game. I know the game will pass my exceptions and be better than KH2, but, uh, it's not that hard to be better than KH2 :/

I hope BBS redeems the KH series. Things seemed like they're going downhill (and I wasn't very big on Days).
The fucking Key trike gimmick. The worlds. I just don't like it.
Okay, really, I understand you're not big on the KH series but what do you not have a problem with that's KH? :/

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
The fucking Key trike gimmick. The worlds. I just don't like it.

you might aswell not like kh series overall.

my thoughts exactly! it's kingdom hearts, what did you expect? :31:
BTW i think the choice of worlds is great (except Deep Space maybe, but that's a personal preference). what would you choose for worlds?

silentmusic16

So, after all the trailers that it has been shown and the information we've been given, and with only near a month left until the Japanese release, let's ask... who's very wary of 'Birth by Sleep'. I know, some of you will be thinking "Oh great, Chrono's going to rant on how shit KH has been", but I tried looking forward to BBS, but it seems my niggles and cynicalism always going to get the better of me.

I mean, really? I know 358/2 Days is better than KH2, but that isn't exactly hard, is it? But it didn't try hard to be a lot better than KH2. It was just... better than KH2, by a little. But luckily, I didn't put a 'single penny' towards it. Zero, Zilch, Nil. I've completed the Japanese Version, hated how everything is wrapped up and the game took a drop down in quality before its 2nd half of the game. Pirated it in English and I was right, great beginning, great plot at the start, quickly became stiff, cumbersome and shit.

What really annoyed me thus far in Birth by Sleep is the amount of stupid ideas I've witnessed. I mean, really, vehicles-esque Keyblades? Also, the story and hints sound a bit pants so far, and Terra's side of the story just sounds like "What it would've been like if you had the option to play as Riku in KH1". The gameplay I'm very wary of, as it may be like COM's deck system, but I bet it will be dumbed down and resort to button mashing at some point.

And wouldn't it hurt Square-Enix to hire some new artist instead of reusing Hikki's songs. I would be perfectly content with istrumental music instead of listening to another S&C/Passion song. Every trailer I've seen and all the information of BBS I've read, it's just making me hate the game more and more. Who knows, maybe I'm up to a point where I've grown out of KH? Or maybe I love the series a lot because of my nostalgia with KH1 and Chain of Memories, which I loved when I was young.

But as it stands now, I'm up to a point where BBS will repeat the fate that I had with Days. Not a single penny goes to Birth by Sleep, and I'll probably give up the series or something.

Anyway, what about you lot?

[Anyone who argues or points out that "The game isn't even out" or "You haven't played it" and trying to diminish my points/opinion is getting a kick up the arse or nega-rep]

i dont agree with you on 2 points but i do agree that there is a bit too much hype.I also ahte the idea of keyblade vehicles. the keyblade shouldnt become a gimick; its supposed to be special.

I dont agree with:
1. 358/2 was better than kh2. ive played every game so far except for CoM and i have to say that kh2 was my fav. then kh1, then 358/2.

2.i AM going to buy it, no matter what. square will get my money for this game.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i dont agree with you on 2 points but i do agree that there is a bit too much hype.I also ahte the idea of keyblade vehicles. the keyblade shouldnt become a gimick; its supposed to be special.

I dont agree with:
1. 358/2 was better than kh2. ive played every game so far except for CoM and i have to say that kh2 was my fav. then kh1, then 358/2.

2.i AM going to buy it, no matter what. square will get my money for this game.

i highly suggest youplay COM. it's also better than kh2. but some hate the combat system. it gets some getting use to but once you figure it out, it becomes natural

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
i highly suggest youplay COM. it's also better than kh2. but some hate the combat system. it gets some getting use to but once you figure it out, it becomes natural

especially if you live in the US or JPN and you can get ur hands on Re:CoM
oh, how i'd love to play the thing!
PS. i'm in europe :23: :tongue:

but why do most people hate kh2?

mainly because of the battle system i think, it is considered too "hit the X" button :confused:

UPDATE
does this count as double post? ooops!

Last edited by a moderator:

Allister Rose

French Lover
my birthday is coming up soon, after chrsistmas, so i was asking for CoM then. but why do most people hate kh2?

'it went a little fast for the story, somep arts were just completely random, some kh worlds had nothing to do with organization XIII and poor character development with organization XIII (though i guess 358/2 days fixed that)

silentmusic16

especially if you live in the US or JPN and you can get ur hands on Re:CoM
oh, how i'd love to play the thing!
PS. i'm in europe :23: :tongue:
thats exactly what i was gonna ask for, yay usa! no offense, though. you should just import it or order it over ebay or amazon.
mainly because of the battle system i think, it is considered too "hit the X" button :confused:

UPDATE
does this count as double post? ooops!

ok, it was kinda hit the x button....but i like the story better. and we had to hit the triangle button too, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back