• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sony

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Amen. It's crazy we're still getting so many remasters at this point in the life cycle. I honestly thought it would've dropped off at this point, but PS4 has gotten a pretty slow start software wise, so I guess that's why remasters are still so popular.

Not only remasters, but also titles that were originally built on the PS3, and got ported to the PS4 as well. There's a small array of native PS4 games.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Amen. It's crazy we're still getting so many remasters at this point in the life cycle. I honestly thought it would've dropped off at this point, but PS4 has gotten a pretty slow start software wise, so I guess that's why remasters are still so popular.

Well, remasters aren't going to stop anytime soon for the PlayStation 4. THQ Nordic is basically a remastering company and their major lineup consists of remastered games...

• Legend of Kay (originally on PlayStation 2)
  • Darksiders (originally on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
  • Darksiders 2 (originally on PlayStation 3, Xbox 260, Wii U)
  • Sine Mora EX (originally on PlayStation Network, Xbox Arcade)
  • Lock's Quest (originally on Nintendo DS)
  • Baja: Edge of Control HD (originally on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I suppose the lack of PS3 backwards compatibility gave a lot of publishers reasons to remaster so many of their titles to PlayStation 4.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well, remasters aren't going to stop anytime soon for the PlayStation 4. THQ Nordic is basically a remastering company and their major lineup consists of remastered games...

• Legend of Kay (originally on PlayStation 2)
  • Darksiders (originally on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
  • Darksiders 2 (originally on PlayStation 3, Xbox 260, Wii U)
  • Sine Mora EX (originally on PlayStation Network, Xbox Arcade)
  • Lock's Quest (originally on Nintendo DS)
  • Baja: Edge of Control HD (originally on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I suppose the lack of PS3 backwards compatibility gave a lot of publishers reasons to remaster so many of their titles to PlayStation 4.

Don't get me wrong, I like that remasters make games accessible, but they shouldn't be the norm. But the BC compatibility argument is very sound.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
part of the reason the trend is so popular is due to so many titles dropping at the end of last gen. classic games, cult favorites and just plain profitable opportunities make remastering a no brainer for the gaming industry. look at gta v; its still selling really well despite releasing 4 years ago. it fares much better as a ps4 title than it ever did on ps3.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
part of the reason the trend is so popular is due to so many titles dropping at the end of last gen. classic games, cult favorites and just plain profitable opportunities make remastering a no brainer for the gaming industry. look at gta v; its still selling really well despite releasing 4 years ago. it fares much better as a ps4 title than it ever did on ps3.

For some miraculous reason, that game is still high on the United Kingdom charts and it's been released for ages now. Iconic remasters really do pay dividends.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
For some miraculous reason, that game is still high on the United Kingdom charts and it's been released for ages now. Iconic remasters really do pay dividends.

It still charts here in the U.S. every month as well. All of these remasters and ports actually served as a great way to bridge the gap between console generations at the beginning of the lifecycle. It was an easy way to make money too, of course.

A lot of companies outsource remaster work to developers specifically built for it, but I can't help but wish those developers, especially the ones who remaster in-house, would focus more of their resources on new IPs. I get it's harder than just saying that, and it's obvious why remasters are still so popular, but I'd love to see more new content than what we've been getting this generation. With the exception of a few titles, it's been a pretty big snooze so far.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
A lot of companies outsource remaster work to developers specifically built for it, but I can't help but wish those developers, especially the ones who remaster in-house, would focus more of their resources on new IPs. I get it's harder than just saying that, and it's obvious why remasters are still so popular, but I'd love to see more new content than what we've been getting this generation. With the exception of a few titles, it's been a pretty big snooze so far.

I'd vouch to disagree, in January alone you had: Yakuza 0, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Tales of Beseria and Resident Evil VII all releasing on the same day. It's can be argued we're in the PlayStation 4's mid life-cycle, so more original content/original sequels are expected to be released, but to say that this year's a snooze is an exaggeration in my opinion.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I'd vouch to disagree, in January alone you had: Yakuza 0, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Tales of Beseria and Resident Evil VII all releasing on the same day. It's can be argued we're in the PlayStation 4's mid life-cycle, so more original content/original sequels are expected to be released, but to say that this year's a snooze is an exaggeration in my opinion.

This year has been the exception thus far, I've found this year to be fantastic. Until now, though, save for a few titles, I've found it to be exceptionally boring and devoid of most innovative and interesting content. That's the product of a few things, some in the control of developers and many not, but outside of a handful of titles this generation has been nothing short of boring, and yet I still love my PS4.

Again, I think this year has been fantastic so far, especially compared to where we've been recently. I should have clarified that a little more. I think we're in for a lot of good content in the coming years as well considering what we know Sony has lined up for the future, including some unannounced titles from devs like Sucker Punch.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The year I really loved for Sony was Summer of 2010 when Persona 3 Portable and MGS Peace Walker were released during those two months. And I think Birth by Sleep was released on September of that year, too.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
So I'm not sure if it's been discussed, but the May PS+ lineup should pop up later today. However, apparently the NA and EU stores are different lineups.

Tales from the Borderlands (PS4)
Blood Knights (PS3)
Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants (PS3)
Laser Disco Defenders, (PS Vita)
Type:Rider, (PS Vita)

I believe both stores will receive these games. However, EU will receive Alienation (PS4), whereas NA will receive Abzu (PS4).What's your thoughts on the lineup? I'm not familiar with any of the games, save for Tales from the Borderlands. If you're not familiar with it, it's basically TTG's The Walking Dead, but with Borderlands and more comedy. Definitely a shout if you're a fan of either, tbh. I'm not the biggest on Borderlands, but I do consider this to be Telltale's best series by far.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Tales from the Borderlands is fantastic, and is a must play for anyone who hasn't played it yet imo, especially since it's free. Abzu and Alienation have interested me in the past, so I'll gladly take Abzu, but I'd prefer if we got Alienation in the U.S., as I've always been fan of Housemarque.

Solid month for plus imo. It isn't quite there yet for me, but it's certainly much better than what we've been getting lately.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
It didn't take me long to fill 500 gigs (6 months). I'm probably going to choose 2TB internal storage as an upgrade.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
It didn't take me long to fill 500 gigs (6 months). I'm probably going to choose 2TB internal storage as an upgrade.

I highly recommend it. With the 500 gb I was constantly uninstalling games to play new ones. With the 2 tb I have every single one of my physical games installed, every digital game, and still haven't had a storage issue yet.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
84Qd09T.jpg

inb4 gamestop exclusive or sum bs

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Rumored new console releasing from Sony next year, essentially a PSVR Switch:

PSVRP.jpg

Part of the rumor's details include, per Neogaf:
It will use the new Power VR's Furian Architecture, 8 GB RAM, 32 Internal Storage, Micro SD, 299 price target, TV-Out optional (external adaptor).
The main focus will be VR anywhere instead local multiplayer like Switch. All games will have a VR mode, what doesn't mean that all the games will be made for VR Only.
All games will have its virtual Room, something similar to Playstation Home, but these rooms will not be part of any integrated kind of virtual world.
Will have 1440p Screen, but the games will run between 1080p and 720p, the 1440p will be used on VR applications like watching videos or less demanding games.
the VR bracelets still are in consideration and aren't mandatory to play, they only help the sensors to find and do not miss understand your hand. like when you put your hands together.
The glasses will be made of a very cheap material and will be made several colors and models, almost like Google DayDream, a little better.
The Party System will be expanded to VR Rooms, with simple avatars which will move its heads and hands very closely to its real users.

The system will be not treated as a secondary system, but as if it was a PS5.

And it will be released in October next Year.

Obviously, take this with a grain of salt considering where it all stems from, but it's interesting. I understand the rumor says it won't be treated as a secondary system, but I'd have to imagine this would coexist with PS4, extending the PS4's lifespan but also transferring VR to this new system.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Soooo000ooo my account was compromised and my Sign In switched at 7am this morning, the Sony call center is down until Monday, and I've been waiting for a chat representative for over an hour. Is there anything I can do for immediate relief or am I at the mercy of Sony's operating hours?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Soooo000ooo my account was compromised and my Sign In switched at 7am this morning, the Sony call center is down until Monday, and I've been waiting for a chat representative for over an hour. Is there anything I can do for immediate relief or am I at the mercy of Sony's operating hours?

1. Call SCEA Consumer Services.
2. Set up Two-Step Authentication.
3. Change Last.fm password or delete account (if applicable)

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
1. Call SCEA Consumer Services.
2. Set up Two-Step Authentication.
3. Change Last.fm password or delete account (if applicable)

The number for SCEA Consumer Services (ending in 7669) is unavailable until Monday :(

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The number for SCEA Consumer Services (ending in 7669) is unavailable until Monday :(

Shit. I could have sworn it was available on Saturdays. Is money or credit cards linked on your account?

Back