• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Soraalm1's New Video on Entitled Kingdom Hearts Fans

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

redcrown

Awards
I don't think that's true. Disney expressed interest in a sequel after KH2 was done, I believe, and Nomura already had concepts for BBS in mind.

oh damn, I keep forgetting about the secret ending. So he definitely planned to make the prequel BBS soon after KH2, but that still sounds like the sequel itself was a few years off from being made anyway.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
People don't wait for games the moment they're "announced." They wait for a story to continue after they finish playing an entry in the series. And people who have been wanting the story to continue from KH2 have been waiting for a decade.

The story DID continue from KH 2 the whole time so there was no real need to wait that long if it would really be for the story.
The secret ending of both the vanilla KH 2 and KH 2 FM was foreshadowing BBS and that's where the story did continue and was going into a new direction, not any ominuous KH III.
If the only viable continuation for some is to move forward in the timeline that's misplaced/narrow minded expectations as that was not the intention to do to begin with and that was stated.

question: is it true or just a rumor that Disney had forced Nomura to add the King's letter scene at the end of KH2 (because Disney loves making sequels and hooks, and Nomura actually wanted to wrap up making KH games) or else they wouldn't let him make the game with their Disney properties? Sounds silly yet slightly plausible.

Unlikely as Nomura already had ideas and concepts for BBS while KH 2 was still in development.
The King's letter was intended as a cliffhanger to not be directly resolved because BBS was intended to lay the groundwork and reasoning for that letter.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The story DID continue from KH 2 the whole time so there was no real need to wait that long if it would really be for the story.
It didn't because the story shot off into the past with characters we didn't know (BbS) or off to the side (Days).

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
question: is it true or just a rumor that Disney had forced Nomura to add the King's letter scene at the end of KH2 (because Disney loves making sequels and hooks, and Nomura actually wanted to wrap up making KH games) or else they wouldn't let him make the game with their Disney properties? Sounds silly yet slightly plausible.
It's a mixture of true and false information. Disney doesn't force Nomura to do anything. But they watched the original ending and were a bit dismayed saying, "So does that mean there won't be any more games?" so they added the sequel hook after the credits, because, obviously, S-E also wanted to make more games and were happy Disney wanted to as well lol.

This isn't to say that Nomura wanted to wrap up making KH games (he has definitely never implied that, in fact the opposite. He has said he wants to finish working on FF games so he can focus on KH) so he likely still had his ideas for BBS when this event occurred, it was just that at the current build of KH2 there was no sequel hook scene when they showed it to Disney.

KHHacker6595

no offense to Soraalm1, but I don't really like any of the Kingdom Hearts Youtuber's videos. They always come off as extremely biased towards the series and can never make any real criticisms. They seem like the sort of people that blindly hold KH2 to some sort of godly status and disregard the original game in favor of the shonen anime nature of the later entries. The only KH Youtuber I am very fond of is Frustrated Jacob, because he actually has a good knowledge of game design and writing.

that HMK guy can fuck off

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
no offense to Soraalm1, but I don't really like any of the Kingdom Hearts Youtuber's videos. They always come off as extremely biased towards the series and can never make any real criticisms. They seem like the sort of people that blindly hold KH2 to some sort of godly status and disregard the original game in favor of the shonen anime nature of the later entries. The only KH Youtuber I am very fond of is Frustrated Jacob, because he actually has a good knowledge of game design and writing.

that HMK guy can diddly off
Sorry for the stupid question, but how do they hold KH2 to some godly status?

KHHacker6595

Sorry for the stupid question, but how do they hold KH2 to some godly status?
all of their content seems to revolve around Kingdom Hearts news but whenever their opinions are brought to the topic, they always seem to look to KH2 as the high standard for the series. Like talking about Drive Forms, The Organization, duel wielding, Roxas, etc. I never see them talk about the series with any sort of constructive criticism, just how its been great since KH2 and they want more of the things they liked about that.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
On a side note on this "waiting for 10 years for KH III"-issue, that really comes over as ignorant and entitled because it was officially stated that there would be no KH III for quite a while.
This isn't like Versus XIII/FF XV which was announced and then descended into development hell for several years, making fans of that title arguably right to feel cheated and "betrayed" somewhat. KH III literally was not a thing which was stated more than once.

It is true that the handling of the handheld titles and also their quality leaves much to desire in some areas, as well as the mess that Versus XIII turned out to be resulting in a much bigger time gap I think even Nomura expected, but that still doesn't change the fact that these fans were literally "waiting" for something that was announced to not come several times during the time period 2005 to 2011/2012.
It was only around 2011/2012 that it was even confirmed that there would indeed be a KH III at all with Nomura speaking about some concept work and Re: Coded as well as Blank Points from BBS pointing towards KH III, but the official announcement was only at E3 2013 and strictly spoken that's the date one can earnestly start to count waiting time.
Anyone who was "waiting" for KH III in the years between 2005 and 2011/2012 was actually waiting for/chasing a non-existent phantom or a victim of wishful thinking. Any feeling of "betrayal" or similar is unwarranted simply because neither Disney, Nomura nor SE ever declared/promised anything that could be betrayed.

Nailed it.

It didn't because the story shot off into the past with characters we didn't know (BbS) or off to the side (Days).

Days, I'll give you that. That filled in blanks and clarified some things, but the plot didn't move past KH2. BBS, on the other hand, was very clearly meant to be played after KH2. The proof is in Blank Points, where we see Sora with the bottle from the ending of KH2, deciding to leave the islands again for another adventure. It might only be a minute or two, but there is content in BBS that does advance the plot past KH2. Days is really the only game that didn't move the plot "forward".

Antar

Awards
all of their content seems to revolve around Kingdom Hearts news but whenever their opinions are brought to the topic, they always seem to look to KH2 as the high standard for the series. Like talking about Drive Forms, The Organization, duel wielding, Roxas, etc. I never see them talk about the series with any sort of constructive criticism, just how its been great since KH2 and they want more of the things they liked about that.

Well, that's pretty much because KH2FM is superior in technical aspects, and they go very deep into it. They don't hate the other games like BBS, because they are still pretty fun and the story is great but they see the horrible flaws in the gameplay mechanics. Is it wrong for them to want KH3 to be fair, rewarding, and having good balance? Thanks to Nomura, we can expect a great story and saga finale, but for the gameplay some KH Youtubers like Dean and Biz are cautious about the development team Osaka, because of their track record. I can't disagree with them with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back